Author Topic: I could be wrong, I do not believe Trump will run for president for this reason.  (Read 183 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
fightforfreedom (395 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216343219

I could be wrong, I do not believe Trump will run for president for this reason.

How can Trump run for president without twitter?

Twitter was his super criminal power. Trump could sit on his toilet, eating documents, spreading his lies and propaganda instantly around the country. It allowed him to avoid the news media and the news media would report all of Trumps twitter propaganda. Twitter allowed Trump to manipulate the news media instantly, anywhere, anytime.

If Trump runs for president he would have to deal with the news media more often without his twitter account. The news media would hound Trump about all the things he is being investigated for. It would bring all the investigations into intense focus. I don't think Trump wants to deal with that intense focus without his twitter propaganda account.

Is Trump crazy enough to run for president? Yes he is. In the end I think he will realize it would put him at more risk. We all know Trump only cares about the risk/reward to himself.

Star Member secondwind (14,481 posts)

2. Trump is toast.....

Star Member atreides1 (15,488 posts)

4. It's possible

Unless he's indicted! At which time he will leave the country!

But as each day goes by...I believe that the chances of any indictments are slim to none! Both NY and GA are taking the long road...the DOJ may or may not be doing anything...

And if he does decide to run he'll win hands down, because the SCOTUS has and continues to rule against voting rights, and the DOJ wanting to be apolitical will sit on the side and watch, like a voyeur!!!

Star Member Walleye (11,855 posts)

5. I don't think he'll be able to take the attack ads against him showing every embarrassing stupid

Thing he did while in office. And all the things he said juxtaposed with all the things that happened. There is so much negative advertising material. And we haven’t even started the hearings yet. If the Republicans really wanna open that can of worms they’re welcome to it

Star Member Hortensis (50,611 posts)

7. Trump is getting big help getting his own social media platform up,

whose content he'd control. His bud billionaire Peter Thiel is creating a similarly far-right version of YouTube.

Of course, regarding the first there's enormous incompetence at the top, and since it's all about tRump we'll see how that goes. I think we should assume Putin would like it to do well, btw.

It may be that growing national awareness of his corruption, treason and massive mental dysfunction and incompetence will convince him to cut his losses and turn to grifting money out of loyalists, maybe his own cable shows. The image of a wannabe Der Leader eating documents and repeatedly clogging his toilet with them should be helpful.

Omnipresent (4,458 posts)

13. Spreading misinformation and grifting suckers is really all he wants.

I assume he will continue to hold these rallies until the day he is imprisoned or dies.

Star Member usedtobedemgurl (488 posts)

14. I think he feels the walls closing around him, so he'll run

To the nearest country which will not send him back. (Sorry, I know the name of that, but my concussion makes it hard for me to retrieve the right words)

Star Member CentralMass (12,245 posts)

19. Unless he is legally stopped from running he will run.

:whatever:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline DLR Pyro

rather than worrying about whether Trump or any other viable conservative candidate can run for office, how about you losers promote a candidate that can legitimately win an election based on his or her merits and campaign platform  rather than resort to shady and questionable underhanded tactics like ballot harvesting, mandatory mail in ballots without signature verification, or disqualifying your potential opponent?
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
Star Member secondwind (14,481 posts)

2. Trump is toast.....
This has legs... :jerkit:

fightforfreedom (395 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216343219

I could be wrong, I do not believe Trump will run for president for this reason.

How can Trump run for president without twitter?
But seriously, these idiots do not realize there are other messaging platforms other than Twitter. If he were to start using one of the alternatives to get his message out the press would be forced to use it and unwillingly promote it.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke