Interests > The Science Club

Tesla app outage left drivers locked out of their cars

(1/1)

SVPete:
Tesla app outage left drivers locked out of their cars

https://recombu.com/general/article/tesla-app-outage-left-drivers-locked-out-of-their-cars

--- Quote ---A flaw in Tesla’s software could have left drivers shut out of their own cars if they were relying solely on the manufacturer’s app for entry.

It’s always immensely frustrating when an app doesn’t work as it should, but just imagine if that ere to be compounded by the frustration of being locked out of your own car. This weekend some Tesla drivers didn’t have to imagine that teeth-grindingly irritating reality, as the official app’s outage meant that you would be locked out of your car if you didn’t take your key with you and relied just on your smartphone instead.

The BBC quoted one Tesla customer as saying “I’m stuck an hour away from home because I normally use my phone to start [my] car.”
The outage apparently lasted at least five hours, but Elon Musk, the company’s eccentric CEO, swiftly came to Twitter to apologise for the fault, give an explanation, and assure customers that Tesla would “take measures to ensure this doesn’t happen again.”

While it’s reassuring to hear that action will be taken, it is of course worrying that such a fault could have happened in the first place, especially as Tesla’s software is increasingly being employed for ever more complex tasks, including self-driving.
--- End quote ---

thundley4:
 :tongue: :rofl: :tongue:

Eupher:
There's something to be said for tried and true internal combustion engines.

Personally, I'm holding out for a car that runs on non-flammable hydrogen generated via fusion.  :-)

freedumb2003b:

--- Quote from: Eupher on November 26, 2021, 03:03:54 PM ---There's something to be said for tried and true internal combustion engines.

Personally, I'm holding out for a car that runs on non-flammable hydrogen generated via fusion.  :-)

--- End quote ---

There is a prototype:

freedumb2003b:

--- Quote from: SVPete on November 26, 2021, 08:19:30 AM ---Tesla app outage left drivers locked out of their cars

https://recombu.com/general/article/tesla-app-outage-left-drivers-locked-out-of-their-cars

--- End quote ---

Everyone who did NOT see this coming raise your hands.  Oh, I only see DUmmy hands up.

And if it can fail through error it can fail through hacking.

No thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version