Author Topic: WH Changes IRS Snooping from $600 to $10,000  (Read 1070 times)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
WH Changes IRS Snooping from $600 to $10,000
« on: October 20, 2021, 06:59:08 AM »
Gropey Joe's handlers (Barry, et. al.) are trying to blow smoke up our asses.

Again.

The key word here is ANNUALLY. IRS still wants to snoop if you make more than $10K per year. Even those who grift off the government and pay zero income taxes make more than that.

After massive pushback from Republican lawmakers, community banks and everyday Americans, the Treasury Department announced Tuesday it has increased the threshold for the IRS to monitor accounts from $600 to $10,000.

"Having this summary information will help flag for the IRS when high-income people under-report their income (and under-pay their tax obligations). This will help the IRS target its enforcement activities on those who are actually evading their tax obligations—decreasing costly and burdensome audits for the vast majority of taxpayers who pay what they owe," Treasury released in a 'fact sheet.' "Under the current proposal, financial accounts with money flowing in and out that totals less than $10,000 annually are not subject to any additional reporting. Further, when computing this threshold, the new, tailored proposal carves out wage and salary earners and federal program beneficiaries, such that only those accruing other forms of income in opaque ways are a part of the reporting regime."

More at the link if you can get past the smell of Treasury-laden shit.  :whatever:

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2021/10/19/the-white-house-just-changed-the-threshold-for-irs-snooping-on-bank-accounts-n2597679?utm_campaign=rightrailsticky1
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Re: WH Changes IRS Snooping from $600 to $10,000
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2021, 07:17:34 AM »
I'm assuming "federal program beneficiaries" is a nice way of saying; welfare, SS, SSDI, etc.?

If so, this is a bunch of bullshit on top of a bunch of bullshit.  I personally know several people on federal programs who work side jobs and will only accept cash as payment.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2021, 07:48:52 AM »
I'm assuming "federal program beneficiaries" is a nice way of saying; welfare, SS, SSDI, etc.?

If so, this is a bunch of bullshit on top of a bunch of bullshit.  I personally know several people on federal programs who work side jobs and will only accept cash as payment.

KC

The central point is - no matter how Yellen and her ilk want to spin it - this is massive federal overreach and a serious invasion of privacy.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline old dog 2

• pork eating infidel
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2021, 07:53:14 AM »
Just like multi-bracket tax rates, they will use inflation to achieve their original goal.  How long before $10,000 is the "new $600"?

I remember in the 70's when a 10 cent an hour raise kicked me into the next bracket and my take-home actually went down.
Truly, whoever can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.  - Voltaire

Offline old dog 2

• pork eating infidel
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2021, 07:57:53 AM »
How long before they propose eliminating cash? 
Truly, whoever can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.  - Voltaire

Offline thundley4

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2021, 09:39:39 AM »

They already have. C-19 forced many companies to go completely to direct deposit for payroll. How many times have we seen reports about shortages of coins?

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2021, 09:50:59 AM »

looks like that is how they exempt illegal aliens who receive more than $10k from the U.S. Taxpayer in the form of "federal program beneficiaries" from being reported.

Once again the federal government is giving preferential treatment to those who have no legal right to be here over those of us who are legal citizens and taxpayers.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2021, 12:56:36 PM »
This is SEMANTICS. Making more than 10K a year is a LOWER threshold that $600 in an account.
it is STILL snooping without a warrant.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2021, 02:29:44 PM »
I am assuming that when they say they will exempt "wage earner's" account deposits, they mean ones with regular deposits from an employer. But it will still be triggered by $10 K outgoing, which means anyone paying their bills every month.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2021, 02:37:13 PM »
I am assuming that when they say they will exempt "wage earner's" account deposits, they mean ones with regular deposits from an employer. But it will still be triggered by $10 K outgoing, which means anyone paying their bills every month.

And for those of who own businesses it's going to be really tough.  They have had a requirement for a long time that any individual transaction above $10k had to be reported, but this new requirement ... I don't think the DUmmies have quite thought through this.  The amount of work this is going to cause every single financial institution is not going to be cheap, and if the DUmmies don't think the financial institution is going to spread that cost amongst ALL their customers, they have another thing coming.

It's another defacto tax, brought to you by the democrats.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline thundley4

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2021, 03:00:00 PM »

And for those of who own businesses it's going to be really tough.  They have had a requirement for a long time that any individual transaction above $10k had to be reported, but this new requirement ... I don't think the DUmmies have quite thought through this.  The amount of work this is going to cause every single financial institution is not going to be cheap, and if the DUmmies don't think the financial institution is going to spread that cost amongst ALL their customers, they have another thing coming.

It's another defacto tax, brought to you by the democrats.

KC

Wait until Biden forces negative interest rates on us.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2021, 03:06:42 PM »
Wait until Biden forces negative interest rates on us.
I can foresee that coming on our 401k plans.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2021, 04:31:19 PM »

Harriet Tubman $20, we barely knew ye.

Offline Ferrance

• Signing the Blue State Blues
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2021, 04:34:57 PM »
A few things. There are no new taxes with this proposal yet. The reporting carve outs a for anyone who's income gets reported on a w2. The problem with that is it excludes anyone who's income comes in on a 1099. So, contractors and business owners are going to get caught up in this. According to Ron Wyden (D-OR) who is the mastermind behind this garbage, the intent is to use banks to snitch on the top 1% to find out where all this supposedly tax-dodged missing money is at. It's obvious, in realty, this is nothing but the latest big brother 4th amendment violation that totalitarian asshats like Ron Wyden love.  :censored: :bird:   
The Democratic party is longest running racist organization in the country. Going strong for over 200 years.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2021, 07:01:04 PM »
A few things. There are no new taxes with this proposal yet. The reporting carve outs a for anyone who's income gets reported on a w2. The problem with that is it excludes anyone who's income comes in on a 1099. So, contractors and business owners are going to get caught up in this. According to Ron Wyden (D-OR) who is the mastermind behind this garbage, the intent is to use banks to snitch on the top 1% to find out where all this supposedly tax-dodged missing money is at. It's obvious, in realty, this is nothing but the latest big brother 4th amendment violation that totalitarian asshats like Ron Wyden love.  :censored: :bird:   

Well, there are implied taxes due to extra regulation by the jack-booted thugs of the government by bloating the funding for it.

Every company where I've been familiar with the finances regularly takes in not just over $600, $10k, or a million dollars on a regular basis.

This whole process involves adding woke IRS agents and expanding the bureaucracy.  Even young aspiring CPA's want no part of working for the government, private industry is where the bucks are.  However, it might look good on a resume that one worked for the Internal Revenue Service for 2 years.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline thundley4

« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2021, 05:35:52 AM »

This whole process involves adding woke IRS agents and expanding the bureaucracy.

Biden to Seek $80 Billion to Bolster IRS, Tax Enforcement

WASHINGTON—President Biden plans to propose an $80 billion funding boost for the Internal Revenue Service over the next decade, a major expansion of the tax agency that would double its enforcement staffing and give it new tools to combat tax dodging by the wealthiest Americans.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/biden-to-seek-80-billion-to-bolster-irs-tax-enforcement-11619539465

Offline Ferrance

• Signing the Blue State Blues
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2021, 07:39:30 AM »
Well, there are implied taxes due to extra regulation by the jack-booted thugs of the government by bloating the funding for it.

Every company where I've been familiar with the finances regularly takes in not just over $600, $10k, or a million dollars on a regular basis.

This whole process involves adding woke IRS agents and expanding the bureaucracy.  Even young aspiring CPA's want no part of working for the government, private industry is where the bucks are.  However, it might look good on a resume that one worked for the Internal Revenue Service for 2 years.
Biden to Seek $80 Billion to Bolster IRS, Tax Enforcement

WASHINGTON—President Biden plans to propose an $80 billion funding boost for the Internal Revenue Service over the next decade, a major expansion of the tax agency that would double its enforcement staffing and give it new tools to combat tax dodging by the wealthiest Americans.
Of course there will be addt'l taxes and/or regulations which needs thugs in suits to enforce them. This proposal comes across as a first step for the federal gov't to further entrench itself into our lives like a damn parasite. 
The Democratic party is longest running racist organization in the country. Going strong for over 200 years.