Author Topic: DUmmies Notice Skinner Deserted Them  (Read 679 times)

Offline BamaMoose

DUmmies Notice Skinner Deserted Them
« on: June 30, 2021, 02:23:31 AM »
NurseJackie (38,983 posts)

I Miss Skinner... I wonder what he's doing now.

... he made one last post the day after his announcement that he was selling Democratic Underground. Since then, nada single word! From the election... to the insurrection... to the inauguration --- I kept expecting him to pop in and say hello and share his feelings and insights with us.

I wonder what he's doing now. --- Because we've heard zero news about him (to my knowledge) I imagine he's probably in some South Pacific island paradise: wearing a brightly colored shirt and shorts, a straw hat, beach shorts, woven sandals, and enjoying a warm breeze on the beach, and a cool tropical cocktail... someplace without internet access.

Yep, between the money his wife made off of Hillary and the money he made off of you fools. he's fat, dumb and happy.

herding cats (17,266 posts)

3. He vanished from Twitter not long after that.

I hope he's off doing what makes him happy. 

CaliforniaPeggy (137,744 posts)

10. He is on Facebook and I have him as a friend over there. But I don't see him there either! n/t

He couldn't get away from you idiots fast enough.  None of you were smart enough to notice how patronizing he was when interacting with your dumb asses.  Whenever one of the fringe groups got out of control, and he tried to calm things down, his annoyance with the DUmmies as a whole was palpable.  The only difficult choices he ever had when running the board was purging contributing members, because he hated to lose that income stream.

applegrove (100,853 posts)

7. He was a great leader.

:rofl: :rotf:

Scrivener7 (36,778 posts)

8. I like the place better under EarlG, though.

And, of course, someone needs to chime in report their allegiance to the new Commissar.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215575033

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: DUmmies Notice Skinner Deserted Them
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2021, 02:47:29 AM »
He couldn't get away from you idiots fast enough.  None of you were smart enough to notice how patronizing he was when interacting with your dumb asses.  Whenever one of the fringe groups got out of control, and he tried to calm things down, his annoyance with the DUmmies as a whole was palpable.  The only difficult choices he ever had when running the board was purging contributing members, because he hated to lose that income stream.

Hot damn.  No one could have said it better, describing how my fellow alum Skins really felt about the primitives.

Good job, Bama!
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Aristotelian

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2021, 03:29:30 AM »

It really was the most unbalanced relationship. They genuine saw (see?) him as one of them, as somebody who was contributing to the revolution by his work on a web-site. He saw them as a nuisance but decent source of income - he certainly didn't see himself as one of them.

The idea that he'd pop in from time-to-time to say 'hello' really does illustrate their delusions about him (which matches their delusions about most other things too).

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2021, 08:43:43 AM »
Skins was your basic DNC Dem who, like a lot of libs did, got all upset when Gore got smacked and mindlessly lashed out by creating a website where he could vent along with others. Little did he know that the type of LWers who typically frequent sites like he created are the kookiest of the kooks. He wanted a DNC board and ended up with fringe lunatics. And with that went his chances to become a somebody within the party structure. That he stuck around as long as he did is a testimonial to his desire to take their money, and nothing more.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2021, 09:32:19 AM »
As the 60s song opening line goes:

So long! Farewell! Goodbye!

So long! Farewell! Goodbye!

But Skins won't see DUpipo in September ... or November ... of this or any year, :rotf: .
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2021, 09:39:56 AM »
It really was the most unbalanced relationship. They genuine saw (see?) him as one of them, as somebody who was contributing to the revolution by his work on a web-site. He saw them as a nuisance but decent source of income - he certainly didn't see himself as one of them.

The idea that he'd pop in from time-to-time to say 'hello' really does illustrate their delusions about him (which matches their delusions about most other things too).

Never understood why anyone grovels at the feet of the founder of a website.  Despite being a leftist, David Allen/$kimmer was a full on capitalist who exploited the gullibility of his fellow liberals.  And like Kevin Bacon's character in Animal House, the DUmmies just constantly say "thank you sir, may I have another?"
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2021, 10:05:01 AM »
Never understood why anyone grovels at the feet of the founder of a website. 
All hail the mighty solich!

« Last Edit: June 30, 2021, 10:40:39 AM by landofconfusion80 »
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline BamaMoose

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2021, 02:31:36 AM »
Hot damn.  No one could have said it better, describing how my fellow alum Skins really felt about the primitives.

Good job, Bama!

Thank you for the compliment Frank.

I always wondered if Skinner started the site on a whim and then had it surprisingly grow into a money-maker, or if he planned it all along.  He had banners advertising the site at President Bush's inauguration and he took every opportunity to separate the fools from their money, which seems to indicate he had a plan to make money off the site, but he just isn't that terribly smart.  So I tend to believe his original concept was a "I hate Bush" site but, once it became profitable, all of a sudden he realized that the DUmmies would continue to send him money as long as he maintained an echo chamber.  I think that's why he finally bailed.  He couldn't take dealing with the constant infighting between the various kooks on his site and he found a sucker willing to pay to assume that duty.

Never understood why anyone grovels at the feet of the founder of a website.  Despite being a leftist, David Allen/$kimmer was a full on capitalist who exploited the gullibility of his fellow liberals.  And like Kevin Bacon's character in Animal House, the DUmmies just constantly say "thank you sir, may I have another?"

Their adoration is disturbing.  It reminds me of how citizens living under totalitarianism embrace their leaders. They recognize their individual positions are tenuous, so they suck up to anyone who can help them, report on any dissent and make sure they toe the party line.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2021, 10:31:29 AM »

Their adoration is disturbing.  It reminds me of how citizens living under totalitarianism embrace their leaders. They recognize their individual positions are tenuous, so they suck up to anyone who can help them, report on any dissent and make sure they toe the party line.

Agreed completely.  The folks who own/host a website merit occasional kudos, thanks, and appreciation, not groveling. 
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2021, 12:14:14 PM »
herding cats (17,266 posts)

3. He vanished from Twitter not long after that.

I hope he's off doing what makes him happy. 

Making those around him laugh at how he fleeced all you dumb asses out of your $$$$ by selling hearts and other bull shit you thought was cool.

What a bunch of fish you all are! :lmao: :lmao: :loser: :loser: :-) :-) :rotf: :rotf: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :lol: :lol:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2021, 12:46:26 PM »
Making those around him laugh at how he fleeced all you dumb asses out of your $$$$ by selling hearts and other bull shit you thought was cool.

What a bunch of fish you all are! :lmao: :lmao: :loser: :loser: :-) :-) :rotf: :rotf: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :lol: :lol:

Free! Courtesy of CC.

:loveheart:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer