Author Topic: Whiny McCain: The NYT Won't Print My Editorial!!!!  (Read 1999 times)

Offline RobJohnson

Whiny McCain: The NYT Won't Print My Editorial!!!!
« on: July 21, 2008, 01:05:23 PM »
VolcanoJen  (1000+ posts)       Mon Jul-21-08 01:31 PM
Original message
Whiny McCain: The NYT Won't Print My Editorial!!!! 
 Advertisements [?]Edited on Mon Jul-21-08 01:34 PM by VolcanoJen

Drudge - NYT Rejects McCain Editorial

An editorial written by Republican presidential hopeful McCain has been rejected by the NEW YORK TIMES -- less than a week after the paper published an essay written by Obama, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.

The paper's decision to refuse McCain's direct rebuttal to Obama's 'My Plan for Iraq' has ignited explosive charges of media bias in top Republican circles.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x6522158

grantcart  (1000+ posts)       Mon Jul-21-08 01:35 PM
Response to Original message
1. McCain's article has not one word about his plans for the future of Iraq

VolcanoJen  (1000+ posts)       Mon Jul-21-08 01:38 PM
Response to Reply #1
2. Exactly. It's not a "rebuttal." It's a hit piece, and it's all about The Surge. 
 If McCain wants to live in the past, we should probably let him. Although violence in Iraq today is precisely where it was pre-surge, if McCain wants to go on and on about it without talking about getting us out of Iraq, we shouldn't stand in his way.

McCain got us into this illegal and immoral and hugely unpopular war, and has no plan to get us out of it. He wants to talk about "honor" and "winning" but we're so far past any chance of either that he just comes off looking like the fool he is.

IndianaGreen  (1000+ posts)       Mon Jul-21-08 01:54 PM
Response to Reply #8
17. McCain is still fighting the Vietnam War
 He belongs to that small group of veterans that have deluded themselves into thinking that the Vietnam War could have been won. When McCain speaks of "victory" in Iraq, he is having a PTSD episode over Vietnam.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Re: Whiny McCain: The NYT Won't Print My Editorial!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 01:11:47 PM »

If anyone doesn't honestly by know have an idea of what McCain's plan for Iraq is...then your head is shoved so far up your ass it won't dislodge with dynamite.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 01:12:57 PM »

If anyone doesn't honestly by know have an idea of what McCain's plan for Iraq is...then your head is shoved so far up your ass it won't dislodge with dynamite.

:rotf:

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 01:14:35 PM »

Like this guy here?

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 01:17:13 PM »

Like this guy here?

Perfect example!
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2008, 01:53:24 PM »

Hi5 Sarge. I even doubt they could remove it using the USS Enterprise at full speed and all the anchor chain they could muster up.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2008, 04:55:11 PM »
Drudge - NYT Rejects Obama Editorial

An editorial written by Democrat presidential hopeful Obama has been rejected by the NEW YORK TIMES -- less than a week after the paper published an essay written by McCain, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.

The paper's decision to refuse Obama's direct rebuttal to McCain's 'My Plan for Iraq' has ignited explosive charges of media bias in top Democrat circles.
If it was like this, I can only imagine the stink these moonbats would be raising right about now. It would be to McCain's "whining" as Jupiter is to Deimos.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2008, 05:15:35 PM »
Sarge and D6, H5!  That stuff is funny!

:lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline jukin

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2008, 05:27:18 PM »
I can't imagine the shit storm if the NYT had refused an Obama op-ed.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Servonaut

• In Memoriam
  • "Memento Mori"
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2008, 06:16:20 PM »
As much as I don't like McCain, (He's not a conservative) He's right on this point.

In McCain's submission to the TIMES, he writes of Obama: 'I am dismayed that he never talks about winning the war—only of ending it... if we don't win the war, our enemies will. A triumph for the terrorists would be a disaster for us. That is something I will not allow to happen as president.'

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2008, 09:12:07 PM »
I need an emoticon that says  "Gee, I thought if we nominated McCain liberals would cross the aisle to vote for him"
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 09:14:17 PM by Duke Nukum »
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2008, 12:49:47 AM »
TexasObserver  (1000+ posts)       Mon Jul-21-08 01:47 PM
13. First it needs to read like he's not texting someone on a cellphone.
 Then, he can worry more about content.

I suspect the NYT correctly assessed the piece not as a statement of what McCain will do, but as a running attack ad against Obama. The piece must be really craptastic if the NYT rejected it. They print a lot of shit these days. Liberal media, my ass!!

:tongue:

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2008, 02:04:26 AM »
'I am dismayed that he never talks about winning the war—only of ending it... if we don't win the war, our enemies will. A triumph for the terrorists would be a disaster for us.That is something I will not allow to happen as president.'

and that ladies and Gentlemen, is why I will be voting for McCain in Nov.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2008, 05:21:36 AM »
'I am dismayed that he never talks about winning the war—only of ending it... if we don't win the war, our enemies will. A triumph for the terrorists would be a disaster for us.That is something I will not allow to happen as president.'

and that ladies and Gentlemen, is why I will be voting for McCain in Nov.

Ditto--and H5.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.