Author Topic: Well, crap.  (Read 6185 times)

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
Re: Well, crap.
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2010, 12:03:38 AM »
Sorry, I just can't take that first step.  The entire concept is ridiculous and unworthy of consideration.

I think you are typical of most heterosexual men......you just can't fathom sex between two men.

However.....while you might have issues with two lesbian women having a life/relationship together....I bet you have no problem with two women doing the wild thing.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Doppelganger

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2010, 12:03:52 AM »

Note that to democrat moonbats like this doppel character, "fundy" is an epithet that means "Christian". I second dutch's sentiment.

I used the term in sarcasm because 'fundies' or 'fundamentalism' is a term that is used very often on the left in a 'scary' way. I have nothing against Christians and once in a while I go to church.

But, I know my Christian friends would tell me that a good Christian would try to persuade someone into what they consider the right and true religion, not drive them away... or do I understand your religion incorrectly?

Quote from: Oceander
Wow!  That took a lot of courage Doppelganger; congratulations on having the courage to have your say.  That doesn't mean I won't be a "damned conservative" more often than I probably ought to be, but hopefully we can convince each other to knock the worst of the rough spots off of our respective philosophies.

Thanks Oceander - hopefully that'll be the case.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2010, 12:05:56 AM »
I used the term in sarcasm because 'fundies' or 'fundamentalism' is a term that is used very often on the left in a 'scary' way. I have nothing against Christians and once in a while I go to church.

But, I know my Christian friends would tell me that a good Christian would try to persuade someone into what they consider the right and true religion, not drive them away... or do I understand your religion incorrectly?

Thanks Oceander - hopefully that'll be the case.

So tell us, what do you think about gay marriage?   :-)

Offline Aaron Burr

• Evil Conservative
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2010, 12:07:58 AM »
Hhmm. I think the eternal debate between peach cobbler vs. peach pie needs to be addressed here.

Offline Doppelganger

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2010, 12:14:31 AM »
So tell us, what do you think about gay marriage?   :-)

Well, I have known a lot of gay people who were convinced it was as much a right as marriage for anybody else. I don't know if that's the case... it's hard to say. I guess it blurs with freedom of religion somewhat, because if another religion defined 'marriage' as something other than a union between a man and woman, what would we do in that case? Say, what if some religion decided a man could marry a dog or a cow or an inanimate object? Obviously that doesn't make sense.

As far as I'm concerned, it should be on a state by state basis. If the values of the majority decide that gay marriage shouldn't be legal, fine; otherwise, fine.

Edit:
I am curious about what exactly I said that dutch/GOBUCKS reacted to with such hostility, though. Could somebody spell it out for me plainly?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 12:21:48 AM by Doppelganger »

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2010, 12:26:39 AM »
Well, I have known a lot of gay people who were convinced it was as much a right as marriage for anybody else. I don't know if that's the case... it's hard to say. I guess it blurs with freedom of religion somewhat, because if another religion defined 'marriage' as something other than a union between a man and woman, what would we do in that case? Say, what if some religion decided a man could marry a dog or a cow or an inanimate object? Obviously that doesn't make sense.

As far as I'm concerned, it should be on a state by state basis. If the values of the majority decide that gay marriage shouldn't be legal, fine; otherwise, fine.

Edit:
I am curious about what exactly I said that dutch/GOBUCKS reacted to with such hostility, though. Could somebody spell it out for me plainly?

They are just mean.  :p

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2010, 12:28:49 AM »
They can smell weakness.  You shoulda pissed on a tree and waved your nuts at them.  They respect that.

:lmao:
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2010, 12:32:09 AM »
They can smell weakness.  You shoulda pissed on a tree and waved your nuts at them.  They respect that.

:lmao:

:-)

Offline Doppelganger

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2010, 12:32:22 AM »
Oh, well.  :evillaugh:

If they think I'm that easy to scare off, they'll be sadly disappointed.

Hey dutch and GOBUCKS, I still probably have a little liberal love left just for you:
 :loveheart:

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2010, 12:36:56 AM »

Hey dutch and GOBUCKS, I still probably have a little liberal love left just for you:

Wrong move, now they are really going to kick your ass. 

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2010, 12:38:44 AM »
:ha:
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2010, 09:30:45 AM »
Tonight on ABC's "A Hole's A Hole" :

Agent Jane tells Fred he will have to testify against Tim.  Tim tells Millie he wants a divorce so he can marry Fred - quickly!
Palmer takes Barbi to the vet.  Charlie's dildo rental shop closes.

8:30/7:30c

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2010, 03:26:37 PM »
They are just mean.  :p

this is true.

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2010, 03:28:51 PM »

We need to change your name to Big Ghey Dop. (do we already have a BGD?)
 :gay:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2010, 04:04:19 PM »

I think you are typical of most heterosexual men......you just can't fathom sex between two men.

However.....while you might have issues with two lesbian women having a life/relationship together....I bet you have no problem with two women doing the wild thing.

I'm chiming in on this only because I agree with Chris fully on the gay issue. I can't speak for him on the lesbo issue, but I think that's repugnant as well and for the same reasons that he quoted.

I see marriage as being more of a religious institution that is supported and sanctioned by the state. This means, of course, that there are civil and secular implications for marriage and, by extension, divorce.

It is anatomically impossible for two men to conceive and have a baby. Yes, they can hire a surrogate woman to bear a donor's child (which one? the man fag, or the girl fag?), but they cannot conceive themselves. Ditto for two women.

If the purpose of marriage is twofold - one, to propogate the species and two, for two people to live as one in the sight of God, then by extension, two men could never be "married" in that sense. Can they have a civil union? I guess, but then again, I see the whole thing as a futile effort for two men (or two women) to try and convince the rest of the world that they're normal and that they want normal things in life - like being able to walk around and tell the world that they're "married", that they have "benefits" and are on an "insurance plan".

I agree partly with Oceander - that the push by gays to have the right to "marry" is more of a financial/benefits issue than anything else. There are other reasons, of course, in that they want to be "happy" with their "partner", but they can be happy with their partner without a piece of paper that says they're married, right? Why does a piece of paper attract such attention to gays and lesbians?

The more underlying reason for gays to pursue this issue is one of legitimacy. They desperately want the world to recognize their gayness as being right and proper.

It will NEVER be right and proper to me. It is an aberration and sinful and, by definition, abnormal behavior.

I just can't get beyond that basic premise.

If two men (or two women) want to practice abnormal behavior, society puts a penalty on them for doing so. That's a cultural action that has little to no bearing in the form of laws and rights and benefits.

If ya wanna dance, ya gotta pay the piper. It's really that simple.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.