Author Topic: I do not believe 45 Republican Senators think Trump is innocent  (Read 467 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
I do not believe 45 Republican Senators think Trump is innocent
« on: January 28, 2021, 03:52:18 PM »
The dumbest **** on the interwebz has a thought:

Star Member kentuck (100,681 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215018650

I do not believe 45 Republican Senators think Trump is innocent of inciting an insurrection.
Last edited Thu Jan 28, 2021, 08:49 AM - Edit history (1)

I believe they are putting their Party above their country and above our democracy.

I believe they know exactly what they are doing.

I believe they are cooperating in a mass cover-up because most of them are guilty of aiding and abetting the storming against our Capitol.

I believe they want it all to go away.

I do not believe most of them are under the influence of a cult leader.

I believe they are deathly afraid of the voters getting the truth and they are trying to trying to deceive their supporters.

I believe it may be the worst transgression against our country in our 244-year history. (With the exception of the Civil War)

:yawn:

2. If Democrats wanted to play hardball politics with Mitch and the Republicans...?

They could keep this trial going until the next election.

They could show every remark from every Republican that supported Donald Trump and his insurrection.

They could show re-runs of Lindsey and Rubio.

They could make them beg for mercy, if they wanted to?

Star Member N_E_1 for Tennis (5,200 posts)

5. We have all heard it before...

If you want to stop something, prove guilt or any number of things stop the money flow cut the head off the snake. The Mercers may not be the only money river but let’s start there.

“Mercer co-founded Parler, the app that fascists used to plan violent demonstrations before it was shut down. She and her family have helped fund reactionary causes and candidates, including one of the patron saints of the insurrection at the Capitol, Ted Cruz. Mercer is not warning us against armed conflict, she is threatening us with it.”

https://theintercept.com/2021/01/27/rebekah-mercer-book-capitol-riot/

https://www.democraticunderground.com/?com=post&forum=1002&pid=15018650

:whatever:

Star Member NNadir (26,411 posts)

8. The worst transgression in our 244 year history was about...

...the same issue as the current one, virulent racism, but it killed 600,000 Americans.

It was the US Civil War.

Star Member lagomorph777 (19,891 posts)

28. We're at nearly 500,000 dead so far. COVID-19 is a result of the same racists, and it part of the reason the GOP has deliberately amplified the pandemic is because they believe it will kill more people of color than white people.

[of course,... it should read, "Oh, for ****'s Face"...]

Star Member bdamomma (59,733 posts)

33. they are complicit in the deaths of Americans call it Genocide. Period.

:mental:

jaxexpat (1,396 posts)

9. Agree with the premise, of course, Republicans almost never believe in their public positions.

Republican politicians pretty much live in fear that the public may be privy to their actual thoughts and personal opinions. Their path to continued existence is the maintenance of their money stream. It's that path which they ferociously and persistently follow no matter who, what or why. Never a look back, a retrospective examination which might correct the heading, that would require objectivity. Not that, ever. Objectivity is lost to those who's "successes" depend on reaction. Their course changes, some abrupt, are always dictated by the current mood of the mob and the whims of their financiers.

Star Member Botany (58,352 posts)

11. Of course they all know he is guilty but they just don't care.

Just like Russia installing Trump into power or Trump calling the President of the Ukraine
to find some dirt on Joe Biden or ....

Voltaire2 (8,893 posts)

12. They support the transition to overt authoritarianism.

The fascist faction in the Republican Party is now dominant.

Mme. Defarge (6,449 posts)

13. I believe

that the attempted coup is ongoing.

localroger (2,026 posts)

14. The problem each Republican Senator has...

...and the reason the Dems are going through with the impeachment, is that the roll call vote will force them to decide whether to piss off the rabid base or the moderates who are horrified at what happened on Jan 6. Either puts a severe crimp in their future election prospects, and there is no third choice. In this round all but 5 decided to appease the base, which is the obvious short-term answer. But it isn't a very good answer for long-term statewide election prospects, and a lot of them know that.

In It to Win It (1,951 posts)

15. That's exactly what they're doing. It's just like the first impeachment

Many GOP senators believed he was guilty. Some of them said it out loud and still voted not to convict... because of politics.

These people had already made up their minds how they were gonna vote before the case was even made. The same applies this time.

Basically, what they’re showing us is that there is really no accountability for a president because the “jury pool” is always tainted.

If Dems pulled this same shit, after one of ours incited a mob or tried to strong arm the Ukrainian president, I’d be ready to back a primary challenge. This is lunacy!

Alpeduez21 (932 posts)

22. The whole concept that politicians are driving the batshit crazy

republican party has it backwards. They are scared of not winning reelection. Plain and simple. It wasn't Senators and House representatives who chose Trump over 16 other qualified human beings. It wasn't politicians who chose a sexual predator as the leading candidate in the 2018 GA senate race. It wasn't politicians who stormed the capital. Yes they had a hand AFTER the elections.

For 4 years we all knew the lies of Trump weren't policy based they were aimed at the racists who support him. Voters. The next time you hear 'not all republican supporters are bad' remember they choose who gets votes. A Trump sign in the yard means that person supports racism. A sign for the local repuke candidate means that person supports a fascist policy. A conservative bumper sticker means that person supports quelling the voting rights of millions of people and 'putting women and gays in their place.' Attending a right wing rally or sending money to a right wing candidate means that person thinks it's OK for police to kill African Americans.

The politicians are not driving this train. Our neighbors are doing that.

Eyeball_Kid (5,689 posts)

35. GOP Senators MUST convict. They will see themselves as having no choice.

After the House presents its case in searing detail, and while the whole world is watching, GOPers will understand that the entire nation will be judged by the world for its slavish devotion to fascism and violence if they do not convict. This political affair will be like no other in history because billions will be watching how we conduct our affairs, and how we exercise our own moral courage. If we are to EVER be held in high regard by nations everywhere, we must purge our government of institutional violence and disabling instability, and we must strive to purge our nation of domestic terrorism.

It's the only way. The entire globe will witness the spectacle of a United States crumbling from a lack of will to uphold its founding values and follow the guidance of its Constitution.

If it's only the GOP's interest in maintaining a stable leadership role in international economic networks, then they again have no choice. Entertaining and appeasing a violent fascist movement is no way to maintain political and economic stability.

The brief delay in the Senate trial will help give the GOP institutionalists pause to reflect on the seriousness of their role. They MUST purge their party of Trumpism. In any scenario, Trump's Party will destroy the nation.

Star Member drmeow (3,917 posts)

39. IMO this has the potential to be worse

In the Civil War they tried to split the country and basically said " Fine - you do you and we'll do us." In this case they are trying to take over and say "You do us." The civil war tried to create two separate democratic republics (with the caveat that a republic in which one group is enslaved can't be ver democratic) - the current cabal is trying to overturn a democratic republic and impose an authoritarian minority one-party dominant state/dictatorship.

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline DLR Pyro

Re: I do not believe 45 Republican Senators think Trump is innocent
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2021, 05:48:45 PM »
Thanks.  I lost 10 IQ points reading all that stupid.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline YupItsMe

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2021, 08:40:32 PM »
     I have to say I liked that Rebekah Mercer right away when I clicked on the link and saw her wearing a real mink coat.  Luckily for the little minks, they won't be needing their furs what with global warming and all.  Yes I know they don't shear them like sheep. 

Happy that some DUmmies haven't given up.  On Feb. 9th I predict President Trump will be convicted in 24 business hours.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2021, 01:33:54 AM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215018650

I do not believe 45 Republican Senators think Trump is innocent of inciting an insurrection.
Last edited Thu Jan 28, 2021, 08:49 AM - Edit history (1)

I believe they are putting their Party above their country and above our democracy.

I believe they know exactly what they are doing.

Did kt recycle an idiotic post he posted last year? Or just more of the same idiocy?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2021, 03:14:06 AM »
Mental illness on display.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2021, 11:51:10 AM »
If you can think of no reason to keep your courage through the current fight, think of this:

If these idiots win, THEY get to write history.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline 3rd-try

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2021, 09:09:46 PM »
we must purge our government of institutional violence and disabling instability, and we must strive to purge our nation of domestic terrorism.

It's the only way. The entire globe will witness the spectacle of a United States crumbling from a lack of will to uphold its founding values and follow the guidance of its Constitution.

eyeball, how did you get sidetracked ?  You make good points.  But, this thread is not about the election.