Author Topic: Dear God, DeBlasio Says He's Running  (Read 2645 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Dear God, DeBlasio Says He's Running
« on: May 15, 2019, 05:38:03 PM »
Star Member Me. (23,847 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212100771

Dear God, DeBlasio Says He's Running as per local news

:lmao:

What are we up to? 30? 40?

Star Member Me. (23,847 posts)

2. What A Waste Of Time & Money

the city needs help and he's running for pres. What a disgrace.

Star Member The Velveteen Ocelot (71,284 posts)

4. I guess I'd better get my advisory committee to make up their minds

so maybe I can hop on the bandwagon, too. We might as well all do it, and then the DNC can just draw a name out of a very large hat.

Seriously, this is getting pretty stupid.

*Update* My advisory committee, consisting of three cats, has just informed me that because I am not popular among my constituency and do not have a strong base of donors, I should just stay home and feed them, so I'm out. Should I send my committee to advise Mayor DiBlasio?

Star Member avebury (9,573 posts)

5. I am starting to get really irritated

by the absurd size of the field. Number 1 priority should be to take back the WH and Senate. Anything that disrupts that is very damaging.

Star Member Cha (227,083 posts)

14. Cementing another

bad decision by de Blasio.. evidently he's had a few or NYC would be running better.

He's already in the top 3 of Negatives.. and he hadn't even declare yet.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/1287114114

:loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser:

One for each of the [D]s running.... so far....
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Re: Dear God, DeBlasio Says He's Running
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2019, 07:06:29 PM »
Star Member The Velveteen Ocelot (71,284 posts)

4. I guess I'd better get my advisory committee to make up their minds

so maybe I can hop on the bandwagon, too. We might as well all do it, and then the DNC can just draw a name out of a very large hat.

Let's be honest, velvers, there's only a tiny handful of you turds who could scrape together the filing fee for even one state.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Karin

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2019, 08:59:04 PM »
Here's a quote from the genius hisself:

“I want to look at a lot of information,” de Blasio told reporters during a press briefing on Thursday. “The ultimate decision, as I said, is a personal one and a family one, but of course it makes sense to look at other information.”
  Deep.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2019, 08:17:22 AM »
I still think there's method behind what looks like mass narcissistic delusion.

Maybe the Ds are trying to saturate the political landscape with more targets than Trump can take on.

Maybe the Ds are trying to suck "oxygen" from Trump by having so many Dem candidates "out there".

Maybe the Ds are trying to get lots of future candidates some national name recognition.

Maybe all of the above and more, but I think the "crazy" is the crazy of a fox.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2019, 08:57:32 AM »

Maybe the Ds are trying to saturate the political landscape with more targets than Trump can take on.

Maybe the Ds are trying to suck "oxygen" from Trump by having so many Dem candidates "out there".

Maybe the Ds are trying to get lots of future candidates some national name recognition.

They all know Trump is going to win reelection. They are either trying to increase their name profile for 2024 or to add "former democrat presidential candidate" to their chyron display for the talk show circuit. 
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2019, 09:00:50 AM »

If you want to win the high jump, you're going to need 1 person who can jump 8 feet, not 8 people who can jump 1 foot.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2019, 09:34:30 AM »

Trump only needs to take on the last man standing. Having all those stooges running only burns a lot of $$$ that can be used to push one candidate to the election. It will also cause a lot of division in the party. Chaos is good for Trump

I saw a clip where de blasio was touting his green new deal in Trump tower and people were coming down the escalator behind him with signs saying he is a failure etc.! :-) :-) :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline SVPete

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2019, 10:53:48 AM »
Trump only needs to take on the last man standing. Having all those stooges running only burns a lot of $$$ that can be used to push one candidate to the election. It will also cause a lot of division in the party. Chaos is good for Trump

Those are the problems with that tactic if that is what the Dems are doing. The election is almost 18 months away, ample time for Trump pick his targets, and time during which Dems are burning through $$$$. And it has the potential to dwarf the Obama-Hillary and Hillary-Bernie dust-ups. Unless this is tightly choreographed, things could get very :popcorn: ing for us'ns 8 or 9 months from now.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2019, 11:13:11 AM »
Imagine you are sitting at a table at your local watering hole, drinking Yuengling Lager directly from a bottle. The conversation turns to politics. One of your pals asks "who do you like for 2020?" You suddenly panic.

I really like Biden!

Everyone laughs

someone says...Biden! you want to elect Biden for president! Are you stupid?

Next up:

I really like Bernie!

More people laugh

Bernie? This dude likes Bernie!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Moving on to:

I like Mayor Pete!

What? Who is Mayor Pete?

Someone yells out "He's that dude that thinks he's a chick. They call him Alfred E. Neuman!

and so on.

Finally you say:

I like Trump!

Fu*k yea ...Trump!

And all goes back to normal.
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2019, 01:59:32 PM »
If you want to win the high jump, you're going to need 1 person who can jump 8 feet, not 8 people who can jump 1 foot.

In this case, 24 people jumping 4 inches.  Or however many clowns are running at this point.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2019, 05:55:01 PM »
The reality of the situation is that you couldn't fill a single page with a list of acomplishments of the whole bunch of them. they are all just political hacks making a living off of us looking for some campaign $$ to piss away and a lot of media attention.

When you listen to their promises it makes you wonder who their base is, other than illegals and professional bums, they offer nothing but higher taxes for the rest of us. :thatsright: :mental:

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

Offline jukin

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2019, 11:48:25 AM »
I think I know where the missing $850 million of taxpayer monies that Willim's wife "lost" went.  Right into the campaign coffers... then Aruba.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2019, 02:30:58 PM »
I wonder if he is going to run as Bill DeBlasio or Warren Wilhelm Jr.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2019, 03:37:01 PM »
Has OmahaSteve announced yet?
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2019, 04:36:47 PM »
Has OmahaSteve announced yet?
A mini taco in every microwave!
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2019, 06:25:25 PM »
Yard signs, 4 or 5, that can be easily be ŕelocated.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2019, 01:11:52 PM »
Actually the party has already picked hilliary and will announce it at the convention! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

They are going to screw tham all just like they did to bernie last time. :lmao: :lmao:

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2019, 05:38:57 PM »
Star Member avebury (9,573 posts)

5. I am starting to get really irritated

by the absurd size of the field. Number 1 priority should be to take back the WH and Senate. Anything that disrupts that is very damaging.

Look at it this way, if you were to take the very best aspect of each of your...what is it now about 78?... candidates you could create one great...nope... very good...nope again...fairly good...still nope...not terrible...my  bad...it looks like y'all may be screwed.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe