Author Topic: Republicans Blast the 'Pelosi Premium'  (Read 1791 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Republicans Blast the 'Pelosi Premium'
« on: April 21, 2008, 11:43:42 AM »
Republicans Blast the 'Pelosi Premium'

By Susan Jones
CNSNews.com Senior Editor
April 21, 2008

(CNSNews.com) - House Republicans are running a new Web video focusing on House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's "broken promise" to bring down soaring gasoline prices. "How much will the Pelosi Premium cost Americans?" the video asks.

Two years after Pelosi touted the Democrats' "commonsense plan" to lower gas prices, those prices are higher than ever, the House Republican Conference said on Friday. In fact, Republicans note that gas prices today are about $1.11 higher than they were in 2006, when Pelosi became House Speaker.

"This $1.11 Pelosi Premium is particularly painful for families and small businesses already struggling to keep up with soaring costs of living," Republicans said.

"The video highlights the non-stop march upward gas prices have been making ever since the Democratic Majority took control of Congress in January 2007 -- and repeats the warnings of analysts, who are now predicting that gas prices will rise to $4.00 per gallon by the time the summertime driving season begins," the news release said.

Republicans warn that Democrats may end up making the situation even worse -- if they continue pressing for a 55-cent-a-gallon increase in the federal gas tax. "Is that the "commonsense plan" Speaker Pelosi promised to the American people?" the Republicans asked.

Republicans say Democrats should be working with the GOP to reduce America's dependence on foreign sources of energy, lower energy prices at home through technology, efficiency and conservation, and invest in all forms of energy to create American jobs.

"How much longer can families and small businesses afford the Pelosi Premium?" Republicans are asking.

SOURCE

That's gonna leave a mark.   :-)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Re: Republicans Blast the 'Pelosi Premium'
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 11:47:52 AM »
Some Mandate for Change there Stretch! :-)
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Chris_

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 11:53:29 AM »

"Bella Pelosi shows how much money we will have left to spend when she and her fellow dims achieve complete control of gasoline prices"

:banghead:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2008, 01:15:41 PM »
Damn, that's too close to home to be funny :-)
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2008, 01:25:44 PM »

"Bella Pelosi shows how much money we will have left to spend when she and her fellow dims achieve complete control of gasoline prices"

That picture is creepy. 

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2008, 01:22:17 PM »

Insert Evil Eye euphemism <here>.
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline Chris_

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2008, 01:28:20 PM »
The resemblance is uncanny: