Author Topic: Valerie Plame tries to revive lawsuit  (Read 1232 times)

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Valerie Plame tries to revive lawsuit
« on: May 09, 2008, 05:59:46 PM »
WASHINGTON (AP) ― Former CIA operative Valerie Plame is trying to resurrect a lawsuit against those in the Bush administration she says illegally disclosed her identity.

A federal judge dismissed Plame's lawsuit last year, saying there was no basis to bring a case. Plame's lawyers asked a federal appeals court Friday to send the case back before the judge and force him to consider its merits.

Plame and her husband, former Ambassador Joseph Wilson, sued Vice President Dick Cheney; his former chief of staff, I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby; former White House political adviser Karl Rove and former Deputy Secretary of State Richard Armitage.

Plame's CIA position was revealed in a syndicated newspaper column in 2003, during a time when her husband was criticizing the march to war in Iraq. Armitage and Rove were the original sources for that story, which Plame believes was retribution for Wilson's criticism.

The article touched of a lengthy criminal investigation. Special Prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald never charged anyone with the leak but convicted Libby of obstruction and lying to investigators.

During the trial, it was revealed that Libby and former White House press secretary Ari Fleischer also discussed Plame with reporters.

Plame says those leaks violated her constitutional rights. But U.S. District Judge John D. Bates dismissed the case, saying the law requires Plame's complaints be raised under the Privacy Act. Plame's attorneys say that law is insufficient. They asked the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit to send the case back to Bates for reconsideration.

With the exception of Cheney, those named in Plame's lawsuit have left the administration.
http://cbs13.com/politics/cia.leak.lawsuit.2.720096.html

Aww...someone misses the spotlight!!!  :whatever: And I take issue with them saying "Armitage and Rove....."
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Lord Undies

Re: Valerie Plame tries to revive lawsuit
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 06:49:38 PM »
Now this just looks plain pathetic.  "...send the case back before the judge and force him to consider its merits", as if that didn't happen the first time around.  They should sue her for harassment.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2008, 12:06:23 AM »
i think the public should sue her for waste of taxpayer dollars...

there was a guy who used to sue his local city/county just about every month. when it got to 100 court cases, the city put a stop to it and said he couldnt do it anymore. he was wasting people's time with stupid shit and just ridiculous complaints.

like, his french fries werent hot once..

and then either Boston Legal or Law & Order did a partial story on him (fictional of course) and it ends differently.. but it was just pathetic to watch this guy bloviate over the dumbest stuff.. and take it so seriously.. geesh..

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2008, 09:52:10 AM »
Chimpler McBushburton is suppressing her and Dan Rather!
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2008, 12:35:38 PM »

there was a guy who used to sue his local city/county just about every month. when it got to 100 court cases, the city put a stop to it and said he couldnt do it anymore. he was wasting people's time with stupid shit and just ridiculous complaints.

and then either Boston Legal or Law & Order did a partial story on him (fictional of course) and it ends differently.. but it was just pathetic to watch this guy bloviate over the dumbest stuff.. and take it so seriously.. geesh..

No worse that the judge who sued that poor dry cleaner for millions.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2008, 12:48:14 PM »

No worse that the judge who sued that poor dry cleaner for millions.

i know! what emotional issue could a man have that would cause him to think his PANTS are worth millions??

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2008, 03:22:03 PM »
I never understood her argument.  Didn't she freaking drive to Langley every day?  How are you covert CIA if you walk in the front door every day?
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2008, 04:57:02 PM »
^her case had no merit from day one. And yes, she was driving to CIA headquarters everyday for work, prancing around D.C. using her real name, and appearing in numerous articles and giving interviews.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2008, 05:08:16 PM »
I never understood her argument.  Didn't she freaking drive to Langley every day?  How are you covert CIA if you walk in the front door every day?
She disguised herself:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.