Author Topic: Unions spent millions to elect Hassan  (Read 643 times)

Offline zeitgeist

Unions spent millions to elect Hassan
« on: November 22, 2012, 12:25:25 PM »

I may just have to go with OS for Top Dummy if for no other reason than his tenacity, like dog crap to you favorite loafer this guy.

http://upload.democraticunderground.com/11171592

Thu Nov 22, 2012, 12:37 PM
 Omaha Steve (33,844 posts)

Unions flexed muscles in state campaigns

http://apnews.excite.com/article/20121120/DA2LJK281.html

By SAM HANANEL

WASHINGTON (AP) - From California to Maine, unions used their political muscle in the recent elections to help install Democratic governors, build labor-friendly majorities in state legislatures and defeat ballot initiatives against them.

The combination of union money and member mobilization helped Democrats take control of state legislatures in Maine and Minnesota.

In Michigan, voters repealed a law that allowed cities in financial distress to suspend collective bargaining contracts. But unions lost there on an effort to make collective bargaining rights a part of the state constitution.

FILE This Nov. 6, 2012 file photo shows New Hampshire Gov.-elect Maggie Hassan in Manchester, N.H. When Hassan won the New Hampshire governor's race, it wasn't just a victory for Democrats. Unions spent millions to elect Hassan because she can block a Republican legislature from gutting their organizing and bargaining ability. From California to Maine, unions used their political muscle to defeat ballot initiatives against them and elect labor-friendly governors and lawmakers. (AP Photo/Jim Cole, File)

In New Hampshire, unions helped Maggie Hassan win the governor's race. Unions spent millions backing Hassan with television ads and an extensive get-out-the-vote operation because she opposes a right-to-work bill to ban labor-management contracts that require affected workers to be union members or pay union fees.

FULL story at link.

0 replies, 25 views

At least adbot cared enough to help the big guy out.  We need some moles to show the big guy some love.  I mean it is Turkey Day and Steve could just be one of the biggest of them all.

Ads by BlogAds

JON STEWART & BILL MAHER FANS Hilarious! A nod to Mark Twain with the pen of a thinking comic...should be part of any library, especially a church library." -Bill Baker

"Wonderful, biting, incisive." -Sarah Hurley
Buy it now at Amazon, iBooks or BN.com - click here

Sorry Sparky I know how painful it is to you when you hit this thread and have to see the picture of Mad Maggie Hassan.  But consider this pre conditioning for what lies a head in the local press over the next two years. We will be scourged by the media with our matriarchal members, Carol Che, Mad Maggie, Mean Jean, Krusty Kunster, Very Terri and less frequently,  Kelly Ayotte.  Maybe King Lear had the right idea?  Midol, we need midol to the state house, STAT.   :hammer:

« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 12:28:42 PM by zeitgeist »
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Unions spent millions to elect Hassan
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 12:33:44 PM »
Keep sucking that union dick, Steve.  They'll call you in the morning, they promise.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 01:03:20 PM »
Didn't the primitives whine about elections being bought?
Must only apply to "certain other" elections.  :whatever:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Ogre

• What Cat?
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 01:21:00 PM »
Didn't the primitives whine about elections being bought?
Must only apply to "certain other" elections.  :whatever:
It only applies when the Republican wins, not when the Democrat wins.
"Don't argue about difficulties. The difficulties will argue for themselves."  - Winston Churchill

"Get some lumber, build a bridge, and get the hell over it" - Unknown

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2012, 04:17:56 PM »
It only applies when the Republican wins, not when the Democrat wins.

Yup, and mandatory union fees do not equate to involuntary servitude.  Amazing how the liberal mind can hold such opposing views in a common vessel.  They are all super brilliant thinkers, not a hypocrite in the bunch. :mental:

Yup no RTW for NH.  Wouldn't want to let that happen, next thing you know it might spread to the neighboring states and infect them with freedom of choice too.  

Bonus points for anyone who knows what the Beck Rule is without pushing the blue link.   <Warning if you do push the link you will probably be outraged> You have been warned.

< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline Ogre

• What Cat?
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2012, 04:29:23 PM »
Yup, and mandatory union fees do not equate to involuntary servitude.  Amazing how the liberal mind can hold such opposing views in a common vessel.  They are all super brilliant thinkers, not a hypocrite in the bunch. :mental:

Yup no RTW for NH.  Wouldn't want to let that happen, next thing you know it might spread to the neighboring states and infect them with freedom of choice too.  

Bonus points for anyone who knows what the Beck Rule is without pushing the blue link.   <Warning if you do push the link you will probably be outraged> You have been warned.

No bonus points for me.  I had to Nadine it and yeah you were right, I'm pissed.  :mad:

And people wonder why this country is going to sh^t.
"Don't argue about difficulties. The difficulties will argue for themselves."  - Winston Churchill

"Get some lumber, build a bridge, and get the hell over it" - Unknown

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2012, 04:32:14 PM »

I may just have to go with OS for Top Dummy if for no other reason than his tenacity, like dog crap to you favorite loafer this guy.

http://upload.democraticunderground.com/11171592

At least adbot cared enough to help the big guy out.  We need some moles to show the big guy some love.  I mean it is Turkey Day and Steve could just be one of the biggest of them all.

Sorry Sparky I know how painful it is to you when you hit this thread and have to see the picture of Mad Maggie Hassan.  But consider this pre conditioning for what lies a head in the local press over the next two years. We will be scourged by the media with our matriarchal members, Carol Che, Mad Maggie, Mean Jean, Krusty Kunster, Very Terri and less frequently,  Kelly Ayotte.  Maybe King Lear had the right idea?  Midol, we need midol to the state house, STAT.   :hammer:

Zeit--I think the All-Midol Moonbat Crew is gonna backfire on the liberals in NH, big time.  Keep in mind that NH went blue, yes--but not anywhere near the huge numbers of 2008.  If Scary Terri or the rest of them think they've got a mandate or that Carol Che-Pelosi can be the rubber stamp she was, or hand out "golden tickets" and only answer softball questions posed by MA union goons, they've got some serious delusional issues.

None of them won by more than 5-6 percent, IIRC--and that's with the DNCC spending millions on the respective campaigns.  Imagine had they not spent that kind of money and had the voter ID law actually been upheld.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford