Author Topic: DU: Super Secret Vid Rmoney Toast  (Read 625 times)

Offline zeitgeist

DU: Super Secret Vid Rmoney Toast
« on: September 17, 2012, 05:40:41 PM »
Talk about the herd mentality.  I didn't stop to count the number of posts about this one just grabbed this one to drag over but there are several other OPs.

http://upload.democraticunderground.com/125198671

Mon Sep 17, 2012, 06:07 PM

thecentristword (116 posts)

BREAKING SECRET VIDEO: Mitt Romney says 47% that support Obama are "Dependent" and "Victims"

Unbelievable - actually quite believable.

Mitt Romney: There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. That that's an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what…These are people who pay no income tax.

Check out the video ->http://thecentristword.wordpress.com/2012/09/17/mitt-romney-47-of-americans-think-they-are-victims-and-are-dependent/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Response to thecentristword (Original post)

Mon Sep 17, 2012, 06:14 PM

Floyd_Gondolli (169 posts)

1. Ouch. That's going to leave a mark

I think this could be the straw that broke the camel's back.

Oh who are we kidding. That happened in Tampa. But still, it's very very bad.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link herePermalink

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Response to Floyd_Gondolli (Reply #1)

Mon Sep 17, 2012, 06:26 PM

thecentristword (116 posts)

4. I totally agree

I follow politics every day - when I listened to this my jaw dropped.

Born a multimillionaire and he despises the poor - unfu**ing believable.

I think this video is going to be played a few hundred million times.

Mooochers hate to be called out.  :rotf:
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline Mr Mannn

Re: DU: Super Secret Vid Rmoney Toast
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 05:44:58 PM »
and not single vote will be swayed.

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 05:48:07 PM »

Yup and if you watch the video at the link that is exactly what he is saying. He knows his audience why would he go after voters he doesnt stand a chance with.  One of the other OPs has a comment this will cost him votes.  Silly DUmmy who's if they weren't going to vote for him anyway? 

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 05:53:40 PM »
The lazy dead beat welfare queens hate to be called what they are... It is awesome when they get told such.

Offline BigTex

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 06:06:29 PM »
How is that a secret? the GOP has been saying that since the presidential campaign started
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism. -Kenny Powers

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 07:07:12 PM »
there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. That that's an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what…These are people who pay no income tax.

Not a single falsehood in that statement, except I believe that some of that 47% is smart enough to want a better life and will take a chance on Romney, but that percentage is fairly low.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2012, 07:26:06 PM »
Not a single falsehood in that statement, except I believe that some of that 47% is smart enough to want a better life and will take a chance on Romney, but that percentage is fairly low.

I have known a number of 47%'ers who wanted to break free of the system.  Nowhere was this more evident than when I worked for a government training program.  I will not kid anyone, the majority were moochers who knew how to work the system but there were also significant numbers who really wanted to break out of the cycle.  This was in the seventies in rural Maine.  Maine had some heavy poverty back then and still does to this day.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2012, 07:30:03 PM »

Not necessarily, there are actually quite a few Social Conservatives and Libertarian Conservatives who are below the threshold of paying net income tax (But may well pay plenty of other taxes, including FICA).  While there are a majority of dependent class, confirmed hand-out snatchers in that 47%, there is also a  substantial minority that cleave to Conservative values and who aren't living off the Government as entitlement-sponges, and they ought not be dismissed along with the losers that make up such a large part of the group.  Although, I don't expect most of those redeemable ones regard themselves as the kind of people Romney was talking about.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2012, 07:30:16 PM »
How is that a secret? the GOP has been saying that since the presidential campaign started
Primitives have no memory retention, hence, every day is like the first day they fell off the turnip truck. In fact, many of them refer to that as their lifestyle choice. They call it "turniping."
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey