Author Topic: The 2 min hate: A stupid trifecta  (Read 900 times)

Offline zeitgeist

The 2 min hate: A stupid trifecta
« on: May 28, 2012, 07:29:30 PM »
This has to be the classic stupid trifecta of known DUmmies on Memorial Day;

Featuring:

proud2BlibKansan

Chris Hayes is being attacked on the comment blogs this morning

Michelle Malkin posted an abbreviated discussion he had on his show about heroes and Memorial Day. She claims he said he was "uncomfortable" calling our war dead "heroes".

I'm not linking to her site.

So all the winguts who aren't busy decorating graves or cooking burgers are sharing her opinion widely. I've seen negative comments on 6 sites this morning.

Here is the entire clip from Chris Hayes' show: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46979738/vp/47581623#47581631

And what Chris actually said:

I think it's interesting because I think it is very difficult to talk about the war dead and the fallen without invoking valor, without invoking the words "heroes." Why do I feel so about the word "hero"? I feel comfortable -- uncomfortable -- about the word because it seems to me that it is so rhetorically proximate to justifications for more war. Um, and, I don't want to obviously desecrate or disrespect memory of anyone that's fallen, and obviously there are individual circumstances in which there is genuine, tremendous heroism: hail of gunfire, rescuing fellow soldiers and things like that. But it seems to me that we marshal this word in a way that is problematic. But maybe I'm wrong about that.

and:

Lydia Leftcoast

49. I suppose that's a psychological defense mechanism against

realizing that your cousin died for the oil companies and George Bush's ego.

In the past ten years, thousands of young Americans have died in combat for no good reason. If they thought they were "serving their country," they were deceived. Maybe it makes their families feel better to think of them as "heroes," but a hero is someone who dies for a WORTHY cause.

The country would have been better off if all the military personnel had said, "This war makes no sense. We're not going."

The older I get, the less I buy that "patriotism=militarism" bullshit.

In fact, I avoid all Memorial Day and Fourth of July celebrations, because I used to be a college professor, and when armchair patriots get all misty about "our heroic men and women," I see the boys and girls I used to teach, young people with their whole lives ahead of them. Lost. And for what?

and none other than:

EFerrari

28. Way too deep for the wing nuts is polysyllabic words and compound sentences.

We need much more of this. Trying to keep it simple for them has led to people thinking Jesus rode dinosaurs. It's high time to challenge them and especially on militarism.

Lots more lunacy at the link:

http://upload.democraticunderground.com/1002737136
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline Doubleplusungood

Re: The 2 min hate: A stupid trifecta
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 07:34:16 PM »

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 07:59:06 PM »
 :facepalm:

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2012, 08:00:16 PM »
Do they know he apologized?
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2012, 08:00:40 PM »
EFerrari

28. Way too deep for the wing nuts is polysyllabic words and compound sentences.

We need much more of this. Trying to keep it simple for them has led to people thinking Jesus rode dinosaurs. It's high time to challenge them and especially on militarism.

I wonder how many times she banged on the SpellCheck button to make sure she got "polysyllabic" right.

:loser:

I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline thundley4

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2012, 08:09:21 PM »
What about the soldiers that have died under Obama?  Were their deaths worthwhile?  What about all the civilians killed by Obama's drone attacks, were their deaths worthwhile?

Offline JakeStyle

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2012, 08:21:23 PM »

He sure did http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2012/05/28/msnbcs-chris-hayes-apologizes-anti-fallen-military-hero-remark

But in seeking to discuss the civilian-military divide and the social distance between those who fight and those who don't, I ended up reinforcing it, conforming to a stereotype of a removed pundit whose views are not anchored in the very real and very wrenching experience of this long decade of war. And for that I am truly sorry.

proud2BlibKansan

So all the winguts who aren't busy decorating graves or cooking burgers are sharing her opinion widely. I've seen negative comments on 6 sites this morning.

What an obnoxious bitch  :bird:

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2012, 08:23:39 PM »
Quote...
"realizing that your cousin died for the oil companies and George Bush's ego."

But now that owebuma is in charge of the war, it's the aoninted one's egonomics, right ?

Quote...

"Jesus rode dinosaurs."

If hyperbole exists, then this is the hyperbole of hyperbole.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Delmar

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2012, 08:33:33 PM »
I was reading on some other site that Chris Hayes had no problem identifying his parents--a teacher and a community organizer--or John F for f**k head Kerry as heroes.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline whiffleball

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2012, 08:33:39 PM »
In his zeal to be perceived as an intellectual Hayes was hoisted on his own petard; a frequent occurrence with libs.

P2BL and Lydia Leftcoast are running neck and neck for the obnoxious bitch award in that thread.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2012, 08:35:20 PM »
In his zeal to be perceived as an intellectual Hayes was hoisted on his own petard; a frequent occurrence with libs.

P2BL and Lydia Leftcoast are running neck and neck for the obnoxious bitch award in that thread.
They only apologize after they get called out on a subject where the same angle has been tried before, and the culprits had their arse handed to them. Not a very genuine sincere apology in my opinion.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2012, 09:38:31 PM »
EFerrari

...Said the stupid bitch who apparently learned English sentence composition from Yoda.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2012, 02:01:37 AM »
I thought his apology was the most half-assed non-apology since the last time a ball player was caught with steroids. Governor Blago was more sincere.

Offline sybilll

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2012, 02:42:47 AM »
I thought his apology was the most half-assed non-apology since the last time a ball player was caught with steroids. Governor Blago was more sincere.
Not a chance in hell I am accepting that non-apology apology that was forced upon him.  He expressed his true Progressive feelings, as did his panel, so live with it.  The backlash is warranted.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2012, 04:24:11 AM »

The three in the OP need this: :hammer:

It would reduce the amount of unwanted, and unneeded, vacuum space in the universe.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Karin

« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2012, 07:18:29 AM »
...who aren't busy decorating graves or cooking burgers are sharing her opinion widely. I've seen negative comments on 6 sites this morning.

Which places you in the fringe minority, and which loses you elections.  This sort of thing leaves a real bad taste in people's mouths, and paints a real accurate picture of what a liberal demokrat is. 

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2012, 08:12:41 AM »
Quote...
"realizing that your cousin died for the oil companies and George Bush's ego."

But now that owebuma is in charge of the war, it's the aoninted one's egonomics, right ?

Quote...

"Jesus rode dinosaurs."

If hyperbole exists, then this is the hyperbole of hyperbole.
Aside from the overwhelming stupidity, exactly what would be wrong with recognizing someone's heroism if that person died to keep oil coming to the US?  Last time I looked, even the DUmmies were completely dependent on an economic system that requires oil to run.  Without it, nothing moves, including food.  Food isn't even produced, not that the DUmmies have any clue how much diesel a farm uses every year.  Dying to keep your country safe, free, and working is as heroic as anyone can get.  God Bless our soldiers, their families, and all those that mourn.

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline dixierose

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2012, 08:30:14 AM »

Yes...they do.

http://upload.democraticunderground.com/1002739313

kentuck

Why did Chris Hayes apologize for his "heroes" comment?

In my opinion, it was more the timing than what he actually said. The network did not think the Memorial Day weekend was appropriate time for such comments. I think they asked him to make a public apology.

What he said was a perfectly legitimate topic for journalists to debate. The word "hero" should not be used casually. It should be used for special events of heroism, courage, and valor. Otherwise, it tends to justify every military operation as right, including military decisions such as the invasion of Iraq.

Chris Hayes was absolutely right. His timing may have been wrong, as it appears his network thought? Then again, it may have been the perfect time to discuss such a topic?
When Harry Truman was President of the United States, he had a sign on his desk in the White House that said: "The buck stops here." If Barack Obama had a sign on his desk, it would say: "The buck stops with Bush." - Thomas Sowell

Offline dixierose

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2012, 08:37:55 AM »
From the thread I linked to above...

secondwind
4. He spoke so beautifully and without undue respect, we are becoming a country that

allows a hater like Rush to call women 'sluts' , while we question the over-use of the word hero, which BTW, I have been saying we do all along also..... Those young men and women who die in Iraq and Afghanistan do not fall into the "hero" category all the time, they were doing their job, a job they volunteered to do, which should be honored and respected, but calling everyone who dies over there a 'hero' diminishes the word.

Like calling everyone who disagrees with Obama a 'racist' diminishes THAT word?
When Harry Truman was President of the United States, he had a sign on his desk in the White House that said: "The buck stops here." If Barack Obama had a sign on his desk, it would say: "The buck stops with Bush." - Thomas Sowell

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2012, 09:18:06 AM »
I am sickened to know that these "people" share the human race.  They are so far away from humans.

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.