Author Topic: Wall Street Journal - "Obama spending binge never happened" (GREAT CHART!)  (Read 2864 times)

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
Oh wow BG, great pick up.  Obie is not going to be happy about this article.  And here is why, I once asked a liberal (died in the wool) neighbor about her reading habits.  Her answer WAPO an NYTimes; no need for any others they are the only ombudsmen of truth in America.  And she reads them religiously.  This will certainly put a bee in her bonnet so to speak.

Someone needs to tell Obama because the fool is still going around citing Bain LOLOL!
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
Someone needs to tell Obama because the fool is still going around citing Bain LOLOL!

I can only guess it's because they have nothing else.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
It's not actually a lie, it is a cherry-picked metric...like saying that Hitler reduced the number of Jews on welfare in Germany between 1933 and 1945.

It won't work. People feel the hardship, doesn't matter how many freaking charts they pull out of their ass. And the average non DUmmie (even the nonpolitical ones) know better.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline zeitgeist

And then there is this Lanny Davis piece mentioned by Rush today which should have the DUmmies tearing out the final follicles of hair and blaming the it all on the vast Conspiracy of the DLC and Third Way politicians;

http://www.newsmax.com/LannyDavis/Obama-Bain-Cory-Booker/2012/05/24/id/440213

In fact, as a “surrogate” for the Obama campaign, Booker strongly supported President Obama’s programs, such as national healthcare, and reminded viewers that under President Obama, “over 90 percent of Americans have seen tax cuts” and that Romney “would have let the auto industry fail.”

Newark Mayor Cory Booker
(AP Photo)
Still, liberal commentators expressed outrage when the mayor went “off message” and said there is nothing wrong per se with the private-equity business model followed by Bain Capital.

This was so even though several days before, two strong Obama supporters and progressive Democrats, Steven Rattner (who himself runs a successful private equity firm), and former Rep. Harold Ford Jr. of Tennessee made the same point on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe

{snip}
Does that sound familiar? It should. It’s called the General Motors bailout, widely touted by President Obama and Democrats as a success story, which it was. GM, facing bankruptcy, laid off tens of thousands of workers, reduced wages and benefits among some remaining workers, and the rest is the good news. GM was saved and is now making billions in profits, with most of the “equity” tax dollars having been repaid. Romney opposed that successful “taxpayer” equity investment for reasons that escape me.

The Obama anti-Romney Bain Capital campaign ad focused on a Kansas City steel company, GS Technologies, which was on the verge of bankruptcy when Bain Capital purchased it in 1993 for $80 million. GS went bankrupt in 2001, with several hundred workers losing their jobs. The ad featured several of them blaming Romney and Bain for the lost jobs, but it omitted several facts, such as:

Mitt Romney had left Bain Capital two years before bankruptcy had been declared.
The head of Bain at the time of the GS bankruptcy decision is now a major Obama fundraiser.
Bain invested another $100 million in plant modernization and, four years later, the company reportedly had reached over $1 billion in revenues.
After the company went bankrupt in 2001, the president of the plant’s union didn’t blame Bain, but rather, cheap foreign imports. “We can’t compete against the steel imports that are being sold under cost,” he said.
It’s difficult to argue, even if you are a partisan Obama supporter, as I am, that this ad is not at least somewhat misleading.

{snip}

:runaway:
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 06:55:54 PM by zeitgeist »
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline zeitgeist

Hey BG, was this your mole?? :rotf:

http://upload.democraticunderground.com/1002734451

Link only we have already posted the chart! :naughty:
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline DumbAss Tanker

It won't work. People feel the hardship, doesn't matter how many freaking charts they pull out of their ass. And the average non DUmmie (even the nonpolitical ones) know better.

Cindie

Exactly, and that is precisely why this sort of utter bullshit spin-doctoring isn't going to help the Magic One, nobody thinks it has any relationship to reality but instead correctly perceives it as just voodoo statistics that mean nothing.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
Hey BG, was this your mole?? :rotf:

http://upload.democraticunderground.com/1002734451

Link only we have already posted the chart! :naughty:

OMG! no, but BattleHymn posted it initially, was it his mole? LOL!
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
OMG! no, but BattleHymn posted it initially, was it his mole? LOL!

Haha!  Nope, not mine, but I'm glad to see that chart made its way over to the DUmp!  Look at all the  :panic: :panic: :siren: :panic: going on over there!   :lmao:

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
Its still a lie because the intent is to deceive. Half truths are still lies. The sin of omission is still a lie.

Exactly, demolitioncrats and RINO's have been getting away with this for decades.  Tell the truth, dickweeds. 

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Its still a lie because the intent is to deceive. Half truths are still lies. The sin of omission is still a lie.

I hope nobody here is so simple-minded as to think that either Democrats or the MSM actually operates as if what you said there was true.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.