Author Topic: Obie sings "John Brown's Body"  (Read 406 times)

Offline zeitgeist

Obie sings "John Brown's Body"
« on: December 05, 2011, 08:51:25 AM »
Or should that be Teddy Roosevelts body?

In any event Beck just started drumming on this but it is old news to our favorite DUmmies:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=433x826366

Paddle over it is woth the trip, I will update this thread with quotes later.

ETA:

Supplamental link for Extra Credit!!

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x2421169

proud2BlibKansan  (1000+ posts)        Sat Dec-03-11 10:46 AM
Original message
Mystery accompanies presidential plans for trip to Kansas
 Democrats all over Kansas and Missouri knew one thing Friday afternoon: President Barack Obama is going to visit Osawatomie, Kan., on Tuesday.

But no one seemed to know why the president would journey to a town of just more than 4,000 people in the reddest of red states as Obama gears up for his 2012 re-election campaign.

And nobody appeared to know what the president would talk about, either.

Joan Wagnon, chairwoman of the Kansas Democratic Party, was one of the puzzled.

“What the heck?” Wagnon said she told a staffer at the Democratic National Committee who informed her of the visit. “I said, ‘Do you know where Osawatomie is?’ ”

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/12/02/3299074/mystery-ac...

This was linked in the original OP . 

P2B gets a bit of rough treatment on this one.  :lmao:
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 09:09:12 AM by zeitgeist »
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline Minky

Re: Obie sings "John Brown's Body"
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 09:17:15 AM »
I read he was coming to Kansas. Eh, last night the news reported hundreds of people were in line over the weekend for tickets. Hundreds, not thousands. It's a waste of fuel for the Almighty One to come here.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 09:35:15 AM »
I read he was coming to Kansas. Eh, last night the news reported hundreds of people were in line over the weekend for tickets. Hundreds, not thousands. It's a waste of fuel for the Almighty One to come here.

Supposedly, he's going to channel Teddy Roosevelt in a speech re-igniting the class warfare meme.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline jukin

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 01:59:21 PM »
More campaigning on the taxpayers money.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.