Author Topic: What will be the reaction to Trump's conviction?  (Read 571 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
What will be the reaction to Trump's conviction?
« on: January 13, 2021, 05:25:01 AM »
Star Member PuppyBismark (546 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100214910087

What will be the reaction to Trump's conviction?
After he leaves office and is convicted of sedition and sent up the River for 20 years. How will the trial be received? What will be his supporters reaction and what will happen to the country?

I’m surprised this has not been discussed.

Star Member elleng (103,384 posts)

1. BIG reactions come soon, imo, next days/weeks/months;

later, 'they'll' find other things to consume their time/grievances.

Cicada (4,108 posts)

3. He won't be convicted of sedition

He did not tell the crowd to use violence. He caused the violence, by lying about voter fraud, but he did not tell the crowd to use violence.

Eyeball_Kid (5,611 posts)

4. If you're talking about the Senate vote,

a conviction ONLY means a removal from office and, in this instance, a prohibition from ever holding public office.

Impeachment and conviction are political events with no criminal prosecution. That will come AFTER he is out of office. If it happens that Trump is the defendant in a Senate conviction, his future looks worse than ever, and beforehand, it was pretty bad already.

As an amateur analyst, I'm guessing that Trump will/should be named in two or three RICO prosecutions aside from his sedition/insurrection charges, his bribery charges, extortion charges, and his wire fraud charges. And then there are the hundreds of civil lawsuits that have been held off because of his term in office. Were I the DA or prosecutor who is assigned to any of these criminal cases, I'd be arresting Trump, taking him into custody until arraignment, then either requesting that he be held without bail, OR that he is released with the stipulation that he must surrender his passport.

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline DLR Pyro

Re: What will be the reaction to Trump's conviction?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2021, 11:49:43 AM »
Cicada (4,108 posts)

3. He won't be convicted of sedition

He did not tell the crowd to use violence. He caused the violence, by lying about voter fraud, but he did not tell the crowd to use violence.

The DUmmy is partially right.  President Trump never told the crowd to use violence.

I looked up the transcript of the speech that President Trump gave on January 6 at this URL https://www.rev.com/blog/transcripts/donald-trump-speech-save-america-rally-transcript-january-6 and did several word searches to see how the left can continue the lie that President Trump ordered his supporters to riot and attack the Capitol.

I looked up attack and got 0 finds
I looked up loot and got 0 finds
I looked up occupy and got 0 finds
I looked up storm and got 0 finds
I looked up violence and got 0 finds
I looked up riot and found 3, but all 3 instances were the string "riot" being the 3 references to the word patriot
Same for the word burn which was a string in the name Blackburn, in the President's reference to Marsha Blackburn

The DUmmy is flat out wrong that the President lied about voter fraud.  A large percentage of the U.S. population feel that there was some degree of voter fraud or election count misconduct that took place in the November election.  The President has the right to question and challenge the outcome, especially in light of the strange behavior that took place in the 6 swing states, just like how a Major League Baseball coach has the right to challenge a questionable call by an umpire in a game. 

The people who stormed and attacked the Capitol, regardless of their political leanings, committed a criminal act and must be held accountable for it, but to place the blame for the actions of some individuals on the shoulders of the President is absurd.

The democrat party is so laser focused on destroying President Trump that they are going to do a drive by impeachment on him just because they have the majority.  They don't realize that their abuse of the impeachment process is only causing support for President Trump to solidify and grow.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline SVPete

Re: What will be the reaction to Trump's conviction?
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2021, 01:21:53 PM »
 :jerkit:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.