Author Topic: Just drove by a small business in our town...  (Read 1247 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Just drove by a small business in our town...
« on: October 07, 2020, 08:53:47 AM »
Star Member Arkansas Granny (27,964 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100214235105

Just drove by a small business in our town that has been decked out with Trump signs for weeks.
They have had large signs offering hats and t-shirts for sale. There have been large banners, flags flying and posters all over the front of the building. It looked like Trump Central.

This morning they are all gone. The only thing I could see was a small white sign out by the street that said "Trump 2020 hats" listed with some of the other tool and machinery items they sell.

Were the items stolen? Did the owner have a change of heart? I don't know, but they are all gone.

They sold them all.  :whatever:

Star Member bullwinkle428 (18,416 posts)

1. There's a "Trump Shop" located locally (Iowa) that was selling all kinds of flags, wall hangings, T-shirts, hats, etc. I happened to be buying something in the store next door, and when I came out, I noticed this place.

I was incredibly tempted to stick my head in the door and yell, "Hey, how much do you plan on discounting this stuff after he dies??"

:bird:

Star Member Arkansas Granny (27,964 posts)

3. I was talking to a friend last night who lives in a small town just north of here.

There is a trashy single wide trailer on the outskirts of town that has been similarly decked out with Trump memorabilia. She said that it's all gone now, as well. Again, we don't know if it was stolen or if someone had a change of heart. It will be interesting to see how the next month goes.

This is deep red country. In 2016 Trump won the state with 60.57% of the vote, and Clinton received 33.65% of the vote. The Republican candidate has carried Arkansas in every election since 2000.

:whatever:

Star Member Chainfire (3,099 posts)

7. I saw my first two Biden yard signs yesterday

Brave folks in this community.

:loser:

Star Member cwydro (39,248 posts)

10. I see the pop-up trump stores around here from time to time.

They're usually set up in a parking lot and are just as you described with banners and flags.

They're always temporary, usually pop-up somewhere else a few days later.

:whatever:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: Just drove by a small business in our town...
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2020, 09:30:12 AM »
Paging Tess Anderson.  Could you perhaps check out this DUmp monkey? If you haven't done before.

Star Member bullwinkle428 (18,416 posts)

1. There's a "Trump Shop" located locally (Iowa) that was selling all kinds of flags, wall hangings, T-shirts, hats, etc. I happened to be buying something in the store next door, and when I came out, I noticed this place.

I was incredibly tempted to stick my head in the door and yell, "Hey, how much do you plan on discounting this stuff after he dies??"
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2020, 10:06:02 AM »
There are roadside booths selling Trump 2020 flags, banners, shirts, beach towels, hats and other things all over the streets in Orange County, CA.  Haven't seen one biden roadside booth.

Many of the boats in Dana Point harbor are flying American Flags and Trump flags.  A few with biden flags but I'd hazard a guess the mix is 98% Trump, 2% biden.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2020, 10:36:59 AM »
With the videos I've seen on YouTube and elsewhere, my guess is the missing Trump paraphernalia was stolen by those who hate anyone that thinks differently than they do and want to shut down their free speech and expression, I.E. radical leftists.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2020, 10:44:17 AM »
All of this will be used by the DUmmies when Trump wins to cry FOUL!  Stolen election!!  All the evidence is right here on DU!!  Just look at the links I posted showing people were taking down their signs!!

:lmao:

They seem just as smug as they did 4 years ago despite saying they weren't going to be after that trouncing.  Everywhere I look I see democrats destroying their cities and the democrat leadership simply allowing it, and people are taking notice.  The American populace is not stupid as a whole.  You can pull the wool over some folks eyes quite often, but the democrats are trying to pull the whole sheep over their eyes and it's not working.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2020, 10:45:11 AM »
I still have yet to see a Biden sign in this entire county.  There weren't many Clinton ones four years ago, but so far the Biden count is ZERO.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2020, 10:49:58 AM »
I still have yet to see a Biden sign in this entire county.  There weren't many Clinton ones four years ago, but so far the Biden count is ZERO.

If sign-count is any indication of electoral performance, where I live, "free eggs" is destined for a landslide against Joe Biden.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2020, 11:18:34 AM »
I've seen a few biden signs in hipster neighborhoods, a couple in the county and around the colleges. Nobody tries to steal them since they're a handy indicator of where the nut jobs live
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2020, 08:53:44 PM »
I had a few minutes to kill the other day waiting on a prescription to be filled so I decided to ride around town and look for Biden signs. I’d seen Trump signs and flags everywhere, but I hadn’t seen the first Biden sign. After about 10 minutes I finally found a section of town with Biden signs. There were 5 of them. Trump is toast or something.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2020, 07:55:56 AM »
I have only seen 2 Biden signs. They were in the same yard.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2020, 10:33:27 AM »
There are roadside booths selling Trump 2020 flags, banners, shirts, beach towels, hats and other things all over the streets in Orange County, CA.  Haven't seen one biden roadside booth.
Likewise here in Central Florida.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2020, 02:19:23 PM »
I have only seen 2 Biden signs. They were in the same yard.

There's only on Biden sign in my neighborhood, and it looked scribbled in crayon on a piece of wood.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2020, 07:26:19 PM »
There's only on Biden sign in my neighborhood, and it looked scribbled in crayon on a piece of wood.

I have seen crudely made Build Back Better signs (what a stupid campaign tag line this is) on the freeway overpasses in the south bay but nothing official.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline tuolumnejim

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2020, 09:50:56 AM »
In a three County area around me here in Nevada I have seen maybe 5-6 joe and his hoe signs, now Trump signs and flags are everywhere including my yard.  :-)
A people... who are possessed of the spirit of commerce, who see and who will pursue their advantages may achieve almost anything.

GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter to Benjamin Harrison

"Democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline thundley4

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2020, 05:08:15 PM »
Not even unions are openly supporting Biden this year, or hardly any Democrats this year. I've driven past the halls of 4 local unions and I've seen 1 Biden sign and only a dozen or so signs total between the 4 halls.  Unions are not into this election at all.

That being said, I've belonged to a union for over 30 years and the local has only sent out two letters about this election. One was just a generic letter about being registered and how to vote by mail or absentee.

The other one was a plea to cut off our dicks and support the state Democrat's effort to pass a progressive tax amendment.