Author Topic: Did we ever get the scoop on what caused the last refinery explosion in Tejas?  (Read 1726 times)

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
 :thatsright:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2919863

lonestarnot  (1000+ posts)      Mon Feb-25-08 08:36 AM
Original message
Did we ever get the scoop on what caused the last refinery explosion in Tejas?
 Was it an accident or intentional?

My god these people are delusional

BleedingHeartPatriot  (1000+ posts)       Mon Feb-25-08 08:43 AM
Response to Original message
1. That is VERY good question. I've wondered that as well. Unlike Britney, it was moment of coverage 
 and then gone

lonestarnot  (1000+ posts)      Mon Feb-25-08 08:48 AM
Response to Reply #1
3. So has the 35 count indictment of Renzi and Sheriff Joe Scandal.

Ahh now link Renzi and Sheriff Joe together...........dumbass

panader0  (1000+ posts)      Mon Feb-25-08 08:54 AM
Response to Reply #3
9. I know about Renzi, it was the headline on Saturday in Tucson
 What's the deal with sherrif Joe? was he in on the deal too?

babylonsister  (1000+ posts)       Mon Feb-25-08 08:47 AM
2. It was negligence; they ignored safety warnings:
 Edited on Mon Feb-25-08 08:48 AM by babylonsister
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/10/26/60minutes/mai...

The Explosion At Texas City
2005 Refinery Explosion In Texas Killed 15, Injured 170

(CBS) Next week, one of the world’s largest oil companies, BP, will go to court in Galveston, Texas, to face a young woman who says the company killed her parents. As correspondent Ed Bradley reports, the woman’s parents were among 15 oil workers who died in an explosion last year at BP’s refinery in Texas City, Texas. At least 170 others were also injured in the blast. It was the worst workplace accident in this country since 1989.

60 Minutes spent the last three months investigating the explosion at Texas City, and what we found was a failure by BP to protect the health and safety of its own workers, even though the company made a profit of $19 billion last year.

60 Minutes also found evidence that BP ignored warning after warning that something terrible could happen at Texas City.

more...

babylonbitch can't even get the two refinery stories right.....and gets called on it.....dumbass

lonestarnot  (1000+ posts)      Mon Feb-25-08 08:50 AM
Response to Reply #2
7. Wrong explosion. I'm thinking of the one last week or week before where gas spiked again this week.

babylonsister  (1000+ posts)       Mon Feb-25-08 08:54 AM
Response to Reply #7
10. Are you talking about the one in Big Spring, TX? Here's a link, but
 it's probably too early to tell what caused it.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/02/18/national/main... 

Well we all know that it was * and all his big oil cronies.......... :thatsright:

hobbit709  (1000+ posts)      Mon Feb-25-08 08:48 AM
4. Good question
 Remember a couple of months ago when they "predicted" gas would go up? now all of a sudden there are all these refinery problems and gas goes up to what they predicted almost exactly to the penny.

****ing idiots

Bruce McAuley (1000+ posts)      Mon Feb-25-08 08:49 AM
5. If I had to guess...
 I'd say intentional.
The profits made by the Oil Barons will easily cover the rebuilding of the refinery I bet.
Why haven't we built any new refineries in America in decades?
Profit.
K+R

Bruce

You Bruce are a damn idiot.

lonestarnot  (1000+ posts)      Mon Feb-25-08 08:51 AM
Response to Reply #5
8. That and a NIMBY problem.

How about a NIMBY problem and the largest problem.............all you ****ing tree hugging liberal dipshits

End Of The Road  (319 posts)      Mon Feb-25-08 08:57 AM
11. I know a little...
 Edited on Mon Feb-25-08 08:59 AM by End Of The Road
Currently it's not being investigated. The federal agency that is charged with this type of investigation is U. S. Chemical Safety and Hazard Investigation Board(CSB) and they are understaffed and overworked. I think they're currently swamped with the Georgia sugar refinery investigation.

Don't know how long the delay will be, or what any of the plans are for the refinery.

Edited to add: http://www.nowpublic.com/world/refinery-explosion-cause...

:thatsright:

Justyce  (1000+ posts)      Mon Feb-25-08 09:03 AM
15. I unfortunately live in the middle of several refineries, and if I had to guess...
 I'd say the problem lies with the fact that they all want to hire cheaper workers now rather than experienced union workers like they used to do... We have a lot more "incidents" these days.

Oh FFS
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
It was probably caused by either Global Warming, Dick Cheney, or both.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
It was probably caused by either Global Warming, Dick Cheney, or both.

Bush caused it.  In fact, he did it so no one would live in his neighborhood after he leaves office (unless he declares Marshall Law first).
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lord Undies

a mooselimb terra-ist flew the Flying Red Horse into it.  Or at least that's the official story.   

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
lonestarnot  (1000+ posts)      Mon Feb-25-08 08:36 AM
Original message
Did we ever get the scoop on what caused the last refinery explosion in Tejas?
 Was it an accident or intentional?

Idiots:

Preliminary reports cite no cause, as investigations into what spurred Monday's explosion at a Big Spring refinery began Tuesday, officials at the refinery said it could be out of commission for up to two months.

Preliminary reports cite no cause,

but say no toxic fumes emitted

As investigations into what spurred Monday's explosion at a Big Spring refinery began Tuesday, officials at the refinery said it could be out of commission for up to two months.

Alon President and CEO Jeff Morris released a statement Tuesday that said based on preliminary assessments of the refinery, the company hopes to resume partial operations within the next two months, though no time frame has been set for when full operations might resume.

Blake Lewis, Alon spokesman, said the cause of the blast is still unknown, but investigations will continue and initial assessments show the explosion occurred in the propylene splitter unit, which was in the southern sector of the refinery.

http://www.mywesttexas.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=19312599&BRD=2288&PAG=461&dept_id=475626&rfi=6

It really chaps my ass to hear these DUmmies talk about my home turf like this.  :bird:
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn