Author Topic: What a run-off means for Rahm Emanual.. Big Mo shows up..  (Read 336 times)

Offline CC27

What a run-off means for Rahm Emanual.. Big Mo shows up..
« on: February 25, 2015, 12:05:37 PM »
ChairmanAgnostic (25,245 posts)

What a run-off means for Rahm Emanual

It means he better change his shorts, cuz no matter how you cut it, it ain't purdy.

Colon, his top supporter in the Council lost. Two other close supporters are in run-offs, too. Suarez, Alderman AND Deputy Mayor for Rahm, (who ruled the Council with an iron fist) has a run-off.

For Rahm to fail to crack 50% means that his many millions did not help. It means that Obama's Netanyahu-like visit on the eve of the election did not help. (Hint to Obama - Stay out of this local race if you don't want to get splattered with the upcoming mud fight). It means that many people stayed home because they did not want to go and vote for Rahm. It means that Rahm has pretty much peaked, and is in serious trouble in the April election. It also means the Bruce Rauner's closest mayoral friend in the state may not be there after April.

I want to hear Big Mo's take on this.  Wait, here she is!

Star Member mopinko (43,244 posts)
6. at least one member of the progressive caucus is in a runoff, and

fioretti got pasted.
i havent really dug through all the results yet.
but i would say results were mixed. joe moore, who was targeted as "rahm's man" won w 2/3 of the vote. (tho his opponent ran one of the lamest campaigns EVAH.)

i'm glad to see that money isnt everything, tho.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10491608