Author Topic: Stories & Opinions Worth Knowing but Maybe Not Quite Threadworthy 9/18  (Read 445 times)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
California has a new breed of criminal to deal with: Sea Pirates.

https://notthebee.com/article/california-has-a-new-breed-of-criminal-to-deal-with-pirates
Mister Retrops
·
Sep 17, 2023 · NottheBee.com

California's crime problems are taking the next step toward becoming a lawless communist state — now, they have sea pirates.

That's right. Honest to goodness sea pirates are ransacking and stealing boats in Californian marinas.

Steven Young had his 40-foot Sea Ray yacht stolen. They spotted it a few days later, stuck on some nearby rocks. The thieves were still aboard.

Young called the police for help.

"I told them somebody's on the boat; they're moving it as we speak," recalled Young. "Can you just go down and impound it? The police gave us, 'Well do you have a police report?' I said, 'No, we just found it. It's grounded; there's people on it. Can you do anything?' They said, 'We can't do anything. What you need to do is get a police report.'"
The police never came.

To be fair, the police don't have many experienced sailors on the force. The city of Oakland, for example, only has one officer who knows how to operate a boat.

Young says eventually the insurance company contacted him that the boat had been recovered, but there wasn't much left.

"What they did to the boat was just unbelievable," Young said. "Normally, you'd expect them to take the dinghy and your liquor and stuff like that. But they took the fishing poles. They took the fighting chairs; they took the barbecue pits. And everything they didn't take, they destroyed."

They stole GPS equipment, bilge pumps, and three handguns with ammunition.

It wasn't all theft though. The pirates left Young some gifts: used hypodermic needles and the message "I love Jessie" written in bleach on the couch cushions.

It's gotten bad enough that sailors in California are arming themselves for the high seas.

Michael West who lives aboard a boat says,

"...someone in this marina had to defend themselves with guns against the pirates. And that's where it is right now. Everybody here has a gun or knife or a sword or a stick or something, you know, to protect themselves.

"So, we don't even bother to call the police anymore," said West. "See, we're going to handle it ourselves."

So, the golden state has pretty much fallen backwards two-hundred years in civilized living.

It's every man, woman, and child for themselves.

Honestly, California is just an embarrassment to the U.S. at this point.

Well, at least the perps didn't shit on the bed. They probably took care of that on the marina dock before they broke in and stole the boat.

California -- it seems like it's really the place you don't want to be. If you own a boat anyway. Maybe if you owned stole a shopping cart and have all your belongings in it, including the little tent you put up because you're homeless.

Yeah. That sounds like the shape of things as they are.  :whatever:
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Old n Grumpy

Re: Stories & Opinions Worth Knowing but Maybe Not Quite Threadworthy 9/18
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2023, 12:04:48 PM »
If you’re attacked on your boat at least burial at sea will be quick and easy for the perpetrators  :-) :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline ADsOutburst

Re: Stories & Opinions Worth Knowing but Maybe Not Quite Threadworthy 9/18
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2023, 04:08:46 PM »
California has a new breed of criminal to deal with: Sea Pirates.

https://notthebee.com/article/california-has-a-new-breed-of-criminal-to-deal-with-piratesThe police never came.

You'd best start believin' in lawless societies, Californians.