Author Topic: Stories & Opinions Worth Knowing but Maybe Not Quite Threadworthy 8/12  (Read 422 times)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
This one's a winner:

Family of 7 takes in elderly neighbor as honorary grandpa

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/humankind/2023/08/10/elderly-widower-spends-each-day-with-family-of-7-across-the-street/70551066007/?utm_placement=newsletter

A family of seven in Pawtucket, Rhode Island, is adding an unexpected new member to the brood: their elderly neighbor.

Sharaine Caraballo and her husband, Wilson, make sure that 82-year-old Paul Callahan, who lives across the street, is invited to every family dinner, cookout and holiday gathering.

"The kids run up to him like that's their grandfather," said Sharaine. "Paul is definitely a family member. He's no longer considered a neighbor."

Watch how this 82-year-old has been 'adopted' by a neighboring family as one of their own in the video [at the link].

When her family moved into the house, they weren't sure what to expect.

"Our biggest fear moving into a new neighborhood was, 'What if our neighbors don't like us?' What if, because we have a lot of kids, they make a lot of noise and we come from a big family, so what if there's any conflict with the neighbors?" said Sheraine. "We're the only Black family in our neighborhood."

She says the fear disappeared as soon as she met the neighbors, including handyman Callahan. He showed up with a ladder and offered pointers to help fix things around their newly-purchased home. After learning Callahan's wife had recently died, Sharaine's family started interacting with the widower on a regular basis.

The relationship has grown from there. Now, he spends nearly every day at the house, entertaining the kids and sharing stories about his life.

"You get many chances to talk to people. If you don't take a chance, you may miss a friend," said Callahan. "It doesn't hurt to be nice. That's the other thing, it costs you nothing, but a lot of times, you get a better return."
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: Stories & Opinions Worth Knowing but Maybe Not Quite Threadworthy 8/12
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2023, 06:45:56 AM »
AG Merrick Garland Appoints David Weiss as Special Counsel in Hunter Biden Probe

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/08/11/ag-merrick-garland-appoints-david-weiss-special-counsel-hunter-biden-probe/

Attorney General Merrick Garland appointed U.S. prosecutor David Weiss as a special counsel in the ongoing investigation of Hunter Biden to apparently provide a degree of separation between the probe and President Joe Biden, the Department of Justice (DOJ) announced Friday.

The DOJ said Weiss will be responsible for the “ongoing investigation” into Hunter Biden, “as well as for any other matters that arose or may arise from that investigation.”

Weiss was overseeing the Hunter Biden probe and was not granted special counsel status, according to IRS whistleblowers.

On Tuesday, Weiss reportedly asked to be appointed as a special counsel and Garland agreed it was “in the public interest” to do so, the attorney general said.

“David Weiss can’t be trusted and this is just a new way to whitewash the Biden family’s corruption,” Russell Dye, a spokesperson for House Judiciary Committee Chair Jim Jordan (R-OH), told Breitbart News in a statement.

“Weiss has already signed off on a sweetheart plea deal that was so awful and unfair that a federal judge rejected it,” he added. “We will continue to pursue facts brought to light by brave whistleblowers as well as Weiss’s inconsistent statements to Congress.”

House Oversight Committee Chair James Comer (R-KY) also was skeptical of the appointment of a special counsel.

“This move by AG Garland is part of the Justice Department’s efforts to attempt a Biden family coverup in light of @GOPoversight‘s mounting evidence of President Biden’s role in his family’s schemes selling ‘the brand’ for millions of dollars to foreign nationals,” he said in a statement:

The appointment of a special counsel comes on the same day that news broke that Weiss’ prosecutors acknowledged that the gun and tax charges against Hunter will likely have to be resolved at a trial in California or Washington, DC, NBC News reported:

Hunter Biden agreed to plead guilty to misdemeanor charges related to his failure to pay income taxes earlier this year. But while standing in court last month waiting to enter the plea, the agreement fell apart over confusion about a separate gun charge.

The judge asked the parties to hammer out the agreement and return later, leaving Hunter Biden to enter a not-guilty plea while it’s litigated.

Lawyers for Hunter Biden had also indicated they believed that the plea agreement would settle all matters facing the president’s son, but prosecutors said that other investigations continued.

The DOJ’s probe into Hunter Biden could implicate Joe Biden. A witness who testified before the jury was reportedly asked to identify the “big guy.”

Garland's maneuver is so blatantly obvious -
  • Prevent Weiss from testifying in front of the House Oversight Committee.
  • Have Weiss move HB's new sweetheart plea deal to D.C. or California where a corrupt judge can sign off.
  • Hamstring the Oversight and Judiciary Committees from obtaining more information.
  • Continue to protect SharterJoe.

Maybe it's time for a couple of impeachments - Garland for one, Majorkas for another, and let's not forget about SharterJoe's bribery. Forget the other stuff for now. The bribery charge alone is enough for an impeachment inquiry.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2023, 07:02:41 AM »
Former U.S. Senator Reportedly Threatened to 'Kick the Sh**' Out of Biden for Groping His Wife

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/benbartee/2023/08/11/former-u-s-senator-reportedly-threatened-to-kick-the-sh-out-of-biden-for-groping-his-wife-n1718548

As has been exhaustively documented by me and my PJ media colleagues, Handsy Uncle Joseph has a hell of a bloodhound-esque habit of getting handsy with any warm body in his sight, particularly women and young children.

(video)

In any kind of decent world, this kind of grotesque display of abuse of power – in public, in full view of cameras, no less – would be disqualifying for anyone seeking public office, let alone the highest in the land and arguably the most (nominally) powerful office in the world. The China bribery stuff and the years of lies would only serve as confirmation of his unfitness.

But we don’t live in a decent world, as anyone who watches the news understands.

The Brandon entity’s public molestations have become more frequent in recent years – a tendency I have speculated might be due to an undisclosed case of dementia in the sitting president that manifests in diminished impulse control – but this is by no means a new trend.

It’s been going on for years, going back to the Brandon entity’s time in the Senate and then as vice president to Obama from 2009-2017.

Now, a former Republican senator from Massachusetts, Scott Brown, alleges that he threatened to “kick the sh**” out of Biden after the then-VP molested his wife on stage during his inauguration.

Via NH Journal (emphasis added):

In a new podcast interview, former U.S. Sen. Scott Brown said that then-Vice President Joe Biden got handsy with Gail Huff Brown when the newly-elected Republican was being sworn in, and he had to let Biden know to cut it out.

“Yeah, I told him I would kick the sh… uh… I told him to stop,” Brown said. “So, yes.”

Brown made the comments on Tom Shattuck’s Burn Barrel podcast, a Massachusetts-based show hosted by the former Boston Herald Radio personality and his wife, Alice.

“We all know people who have dementia and have the beginning of Alzheimer’s, and he’s got it. I mean, it’s the walk. It’s the way he’s mumbling, his angry outbursts. And it’s a shame that we can’t do better in this great country,” Brown said. “He didn’t act the way I thought he should. And we called him on it, and that’s it.”

Frankly, after all of the children that the Brandon entity has groped in public, not to mention whatever he’s done in private when the cameras are off (which is horrific, if you’re going by the unearthed allegations of his own daughter in her diary), it’s amazing he’s made it to 80-something without getting his ass kicked.

Maybe Brown should have kicked the shit out of SharterJoe at the time. It usually only takes an asswhipping to stop most bullies from bullying/groping.

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2023, 09:13:13 AM »
The fix is in.

We're close to having only one solution to the problem.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2023, 10:37:56 AM »
Maybe it's time for a couple of impeachments - Garland for one, Majorkas for another, and let's not forget about SharterJoe's bribery.

It’s time for more than just a couple of impeachments we need to flush the toilet on the whole corrupt system in dc  :thatsright:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2023, 11:14:33 AM »
This one's a winner:

I'm guessing no one in that neighborhood has a DU name.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2023, 05:52:22 PM »
AG Merrick Garland Appoints David Weiss as Special Counsel in Hunter Biden Probe

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/08/11/ag-merrick-garland-appoints-david-weiss-special-counsel-hunter-biden-probe/

Garland's maneuver is so blatantly obvious -
  • Prevent Weiss from testifying in front of the House Oversight Committee.
  • Have Weiss move HB's new sweetheart plea deal to D.C. or California where a corrupt judge can sign off.
  • Hamstring the Oversight and Judiciary Committees from obtaining more information.
  • Continue to protect SharterJoe.

Maybe it's time for a couple of impeachments - Garland for one, Majorkas for another, and let's not forget about SharterJoe's bribery. Forget the other stuff for now. The bribery charge alone is enough for an impeachment inquiry.

My hope is that this appointment at least draws more attention to this whole corrupt affair.

Offline ExGeeEye

• We don't need another
  • Spread the work ethic; the wealth will follow.
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2023, 01:59:23 AM »
This one's a winner:

Since my wife and I were unable to have children of our own, it has been an honor and privilege to interact with the children of extended family, friends, and neighbors.

The sad part is that such interactions have been sporadic and temporary.

Last week, though, I had a three days' visit from one of "my" past kids, who brought his two single-digit sons to meet me.  A waterpark, a museum, and a bit of watching stuff from a sofa (including videos of the kid/dad from the early '90s).

Makes going back to work a little easierharder.
My CCW permit was issued in 1791.

Charter Member: Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy
Associate Member: Basket of Deplorables
Charter Member: Listless Vessels

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2023, 09:18:38 AM »
Since my wife and I were unable to have children of our own, it has been an honor and privilege to interact with the children of extended family, friends, and neighbors.

The sad part is that such interactions have been sporadic and temporary.

Last week, though, I had a three days' visit from one of "my" past kids, who brought his two single-digit sons to meet me.  A waterpark, a museum, and a bit of watching stuff from a sofa (including videos of the kid/dad from the early '90s).

Makes going back to work a little easierharder.

Outstanding! H5 to you, sir.