Author Topic: Toosday! :-)  (Read 9741 times)

Offline guest

Re: Toosday! :-)
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2008, 03:01:05 PM »
ACC....thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! I was looking at them last night on line for a potential Christmas present for the other half.

I have a Verizon Treo 755.....I don't recommend it.....too many problems and I'm on my second replacement.  I was going to give it to M as he needs a new one and get the Blackberry Storm....but I just heard on Sunday that they have a ton of problems and to wait about 6 months on them too.

You're welcome, you're welcome, you're welcome!  :-) :lmao:   

I loved my previous phone, also a Sony Ericsson... It was a fantastic phone, though in the last couple months it started acting up after it took a LONG fall down some stairs.  :uhsure:  It took a beating, but worked alright.  Screen would freeze every so often, but I would remove the battery, replace it, and it was fine again for awhile. 

I was reading the reviews on the W760a, and a lot of these folks also owned the same phone I had (W810i) so I trust their opinions on this new one.  :)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 03:03:45 PM by ACrazyConservative »

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2008, 03:02:58 PM »
Well, I just got talked out of that LG tv by a Best Buy worker/classmate.  That tv may LOOK nice, but apparently its a piece of crap that always needs work.  :( I've been told to wait until summertime, as that is when there will be some good deals on more reliable flat-screens.   So if any of you even think about looking at the LG for yourself, don't do it, unless you want a tv that shuts off randomly and changing the channel can take a few seconds (and has been returned repeatedly to the Savannah Best Buy, as it turns out.)

In the meantime, I'm looking at a new cellphone (yeah, I got some cheap piece of Nokia crap, but it will work until my contract is ready for an upgrade on January 2nd). What do y'all think of this?

AT&T Sony Ericsson W760a

One of our flat screens is an LG (plasma or other one is LCD and a different brand).  We have had it for a few years with no problems and it has a great picture.  I guess it could just be the different model or we just happened to get a good one.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2008, 03:05:59 PM »
Well, I just got talked out of that LG tv by a Best Buy worker/classmate.  That tv may LOOK nice, but apparently its a piece of crap that always needs work.  :( I've been told to wait until summertime, as that is when there will be some good deals on more reliable flat-screens.   So if any of you even think about looking at the LG for yourself, don't do it, unless you want a tv that shuts off randomly and changing the channel can take a few seconds (and has been returned repeatedly to the Savannah Best Buy, as it turns out.)

In the meantime, I'm looking at a new cellphone (yeah, I got some cheap piece of Nokia crap, but it will work until my contract is ready for an upgrade on January 2nd). What do y'all think of this?

AT&T Sony Ericsson W760a

IF I had AT&T as a provider, I'd get an iPhone.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2008, 03:06:14 PM »
Thanks everyone for the good "boobyland" wishes.   :-)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2008, 03:06:38 PM »
One of our flat screens is an LG (plasma or other one is LCD and a different brand).  We have had it for a few years with no problems and it has a great picture.  I guess it could just be the different model or we just happened to get a good one.

This is what I was looking at:

Best Buy

I was interested in it solely because of its size and having a built-in dvd player.  I'll keep looking until something else comes along.

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2008, 03:15:04 PM »

A bit on the pricey side, given my budget. I would love to have one, but its not an option right now.  I must say, they are a lot of fun to play with, as I did that at the Mall of Georgia Apple Store.  The YouTube feature would seriously make me go bankrupt  :lmao:(unless I got the unlimited data plan, but even that I can't afford right now :( _.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2008, 03:15:43 PM »
This is what I was looking at:

Best Buy

I was interested in it solely because of its size and having a built-in dvd player.  I'll keep looking until something else comes along.

The one we bought is the older version of this one: LG 60" Plasma  Perhaps their LCD isn't as good as their Plasma or maybe it has to do with the built in dvd player......OR maybe we just got lucky. 

I thought it was like 57" or something.  I don't think it was 50" but they only have 42", 50" or 60" listed on their website. 

Offline Sweet Dee

« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2008, 03:16:07 PM »

The only prob with the iphone, is that the at&t dealers don't service them directly.  You have to deal with apple for that.  Seems like kind of a pain in the butt!  I just got a new phone yesterday, and that's one of the main reasons I didn't get an iphone.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2008, 03:20:01 PM »
The only prob with the iphone, is that the at&t dealers don't service them directly.  You have to deal with apple for that.  Seems like kind of a pain in the butt!  I just got a new phone yesterday, and that's one of the main reasons I didn't get an iphone.

Yeah, that's the other problem I noticed with the iPhone... having to SEND the phone in for repairs. No thanks, even with the so-called "rental phone." 

Plus, I like being able to access the battery on my own.  Sealed-in-batteries (like with my Zune mp3 player)...well, they suck.  :hammer:

Offline Sweet Dee

« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2008, 03:22:24 PM »
Yeah, that's the other problem I noticed with the iPhone... having to SEND the phone in for repairs. No thanks, even with the so-called "rental phone." 
Plus, I like being able to access the battery on my own.  Sealed-in-batteries (like with my Zune mp3 player)...well, they suck.  :hammer:

Yeah that just seems like too much of a hassle!  Who knows how long it would take to get the phone back!!   :thatsright:

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2008, 03:25:02 PM »
I have a Sony Ericsson w580i.  I like it.
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Sweet Dee

« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2008, 03:27:13 PM »
I have a Sony Ericsson w580i.  I like it.

I'm glad you like your ericsson!  I had the worst luck with those phones.  I got some kinda motorla v3 razr scooter ultra lite thingamabob.  It's nifty ;)  lol 

Offline Sweet Dee

« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2008, 03:30:08 PM »
I have an LG "Chocolate" with Verizon.
It's been a good phone, don't think much of the camera in it though.

Nudie pics didn't look so good huh? ;)  tee hee

Offline Chris_

« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2008, 03:31:57 PM »
I'm glad you like your ericsson!  I had the worst luck with those phones.  I got some kinda motorla v3 razr scooter ultra lite thingamabob.  It's nifty ;)  lol 

:lmao: The Razrs do look nifty, but I never could adjust to the buttons when I tried it out.

Offline Sweet Dee

« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2008, 03:32:47 PM »
:lmao: The Razrs do look niftly, but I never could adjust to the buttons when I tried it out.

Well the phone I had before the new one was a motorola, so I didn't have to learn anything new!  My texting speeds are still intact ;)  lol  I'm a nerd :mental:

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2008, 03:33:26 PM »

This replaced a previous Sony Ericsson.  I've been very pleased with their phones.
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Chris_

« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2008, 03:36:46 PM »
Well the phone I had before the new one was a motorola, so I didn't have to learn anything new!  My texting speeds are still intact ;)  lol  I'm a nerd :mental:

And I'm still in the Stone Age with texting.  :uhsure: I'm getting better at it, but I have to tell people I am limited to 200 text messages a month for the time being so if they REALLY want to chat, just call me.  I have PLENTY of Roll-Over minutes to spare (about 2500 right now   :innocent:  ).

God Bless AT&T and Rollover Minutes.  :bow:

Offline Sweet Dee

« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2008, 03:40:39 PM »
And I'm still in the Stone Age with texting.  :uhsure: I'm getting better at it, but I have to tell people I am limited to 200 text messages a month for the time being so if they REALLY want to chat, just call me.  I have PLENTY of Roll-Over minutes to spare (about 2500 right now   :innocent:  ).

God Bless AT&T and Rollover Minutes.  :bow:

Rollover minutes rock!  I HATE talking on the phone though, i'm a total textaholic :)  lol  I probably have 12,000 rollover minutes :)  hehe

Offline Chris_

« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2008, 03:49:24 PM »
Rollover minutes rock!  I HATE talking on the phone though, i'm a total textaholic :)  lol  I probably have 12,000 rollover minutes :)  hehe

Just remember that, every month (or every two months) a certain amount of RO minutes will expire.  I discovered that by calling "View My Minutes" and AT&T sends me a free text showing how many minutes I had left.  And I just checked now, and I'm losing 250 more on Dec 14.  :bawl:

Offline Sweet Dee

« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2008, 03:56:43 PM »
Just remember that, every month (or every two months) a certain amount of RO minutes will expire.  I discovered that by calling "View My Minutes" and AT&T sends me a free text showing how many minutes I had left.  And I just checked now, and I'm losing 250 more on Dec 14.  :bawl:

I'm strangely okay with that, as long as my textying stays unlimited :)  lol  You're just gonna have to start talking more, use up those minutes!! :)

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2008, 04:07:12 PM »
I'm strangely okay with that, as long as my textying stays unlimited :)  lol  You're just gonna have to start talking more, use up those minutes!! :)

My plan is 450 weekday/roll over minutes and 5000 nights/weekends.  I currently have 1,520 roll over minutes.  I have unlimited messaging, I just checked my bill for last month I sent 1,268 messages.  Last month I used a total of 45 weekday minutes, but 333 nights/weekends.

LOL!
Stink Eye

Offline Sweet Dee

« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2008, 04:09:09 PM »

My plan is 450 weekday/roll over minutes and 5000 nights/weekends.  I currently have 1,520 roll over minutes.  I have unlimited messaging, I just checked my bill for last month I sent 1,268 messages.  Last month I used a total of 45 weekday minutes, but 333 nights/weekends.

LOL!

That is awesome!  I think my plan is like, 250 minutes with unlimited textying.  Talking on the phone is awk-ward.  lol 

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2008, 04:10:18 PM »
That is awesome!  I think my plan is like, 250 minutes with unlimited textying.  Talking on the phone is awk-ward.  lol 

I didn't realized I sent that many text messages, but I do have like entire conversations with people (Dee).   LOL
Stink Eye

Offline Sweet Dee

« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2008, 04:10:42 PM »
You kids and your "texting sex".
Whatever happened to plain ol' phone sex?

Phone sex is SO 1997 ;)   :mental:  
hehe  

Offline Sweet Dee

« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2008, 04:11:19 PM »
I didn't realized I sent that many text messages, but I do have like entire conversations with people (Dee).   LOL

Some of our best heartfelt convos, spank you very much   :asssmack: