Author Topic: Help!! Kitchen utensils disappearing!!  (Read 8240 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
Help!! Kitchen utensils disappearing!!
« on: January 07, 2008, 11:57:31 AM »
Dreamy  (144 posts)      Sun Jan-06-08 09:00 PM
Original message
Help!! Kitchen utensils disappearing!!
 OK, I kind of noticed this for a while. Very gradually table knives and forks will just go who knows where within the last year. Maybe they somehow got thrown away after some meal or mistakenly by visitors-you know the ones I have every blue moon. Anyway, just buy more (which I did). But, now, of the new ones I bought, all are gone except for 2 forks, 2 knives and most of the spoons (but still not all) in just the last month and a half or so. There is even a knife I used just last night to peel an apple--GONE!!

This is just a little more than I can over look now. So, has anyone else had this phenomenon happen or should I just get my brain scanned for that tumor.

Thanks a lot for any help. 

Dreamy  (144 posts)      Sun Jan-06-08 09:12 PM
Response to Reply #1
3. Well, my niece moved in a few months ago
 I asked her about it and she said she was wondering the same thing. She said the same thing happens at her mother's house. I even checked her room just to see if anything was missed. Nope.
Have A Dream  (1000+ posts)      Sun Jan-06-08 09:13 PM
Response to Reply #3
4. Did it happen prior to her moving in? nt
Dreamy  (144 posts)      Sun Jan-06-08 09:26 PM
Response to Reply #4
7. yes, but the amount and the time it took has sped up
 during the time she has been here. But, I bought the new ones before she moved in. I don't think she did anything with them. She's never had a personality to do anything weird. And, yes, it was happening before she moved in.
MorningGlow  (1000+ posts)      Sun Jan-06-08 10:31 PM
Response to Original message
16. Sounds like you've got an entity
 And your niece might be "helping" them move physical objects just by being there--the entity can pull energy from her to help him/her move things more easily--the entity could do it alone (before your niece moved in) but utilizing her energy makes it easier to accomplish.

Personal experiences:

When I was little, we moved into a house where a little boy died just before we moved in (terrible story of abuse). Anyway, I had his bedroom, and he would constantly take my toys. Somehow, at 9 years old, I knew enough to say to the air, quite clearly, "Okay, give it back." And then I'd go out into the hallway for a few minutes. When I went back into my bedroom, the thing I was looking for was invariably in the middle of my bed or on the floor next to it (where I had just looked).

In our present house we have the ghost of a former housekeeper. She keeps letting the cats out onto the sleeping porch off the back bedroom (that door has a deadbolt but apparently it doesn't matter). And I've had a rash of broken wineglasses. No other glassware breaks--just the wineglasses--and they all break in very improbable ways. The weirdest one was when Mr. MG got one out of the cupboard and put it on the kitchen island--it was made of really thick handblown glass, but when he put it down on the island, not knocking against it in any way, it "exploded", he said. VERY strange stuff.

So in the past year or so we've broken about half of our wineglasses. (Luckily we had too many to begin with.) The other day I nearly 86-ed another one by bumping it as it sat on the counter waiting to be washed, but I caught it. It nearly happened again about an hour or two later, the same way, and I had an epiphany. Seems Beatrice (that's her name) has a problem with the "demon drink". She lived here during Prohibition and I believe she was a big proponent of temperance. So now she tries to deter me and Mr. MG from drinking alcohol. As soon as I realized that and asked her to stop breaking our glasses (by causing all those improbable accidents), she backed off, and we haven't had any more broken wineglasses.

My point is that you can talk to the entity who's "stealing" your cutlery--or perhaps is trying to "help" and not realizing that s/he is hindering instead--and simply ask them to stop. Unless you've got a pooka/poultergeist who's trying to push your buttons, the entity will stop. Give it a try--you've got nothing to lose except more forks! 

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=245x60231

Reality based as ever ...

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Help!! Kitchen utensils disappearing!!
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 12:00:49 PM »
Sounds like you've got an entity
    :mental:   :lmao:   :rotf:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 12:02:12 PM »
"sounds like you've got a shitty memory" to me......... :mental:
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline djones520

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 12:04:08 PM »
Sounds like you've got an entity
    :mental:   :lmao:   :rotf:

I wont lie, the possibility popped into my head as well.  *shrugs*  Don't see why it's so far out of the realm of possibility for people to believe, when they believe in a place for your spirit to go after death.  Maybe sometimes they just don't make it.

It's much harder to explain for those of us who don't believe in the afterlife and all that.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 12:05:49 PM »
Funny.  Every time I open my flatware drawer I am amazed at the unexplained additions.  None of them match.  I have 71 fluted grapefruit spoons and 106 shrimp forks.   :mental:

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2008, 12:09:21 PM »
We should get together. I think I have the remainder of that set.  :-)

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Chris_

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2008, 12:10:19 PM »
We should get together. I think I have the remainder of that set.  :-)
You probably have all my missing socks too.   :tongue:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2008, 12:13:51 PM »
 :-) Well I have somone's mismatched socks!!!

Offline Chris_

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2008, 12:15:08 PM »
Can ya email 'em to me?   :-)

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2008, 12:18:06 PM »
LOL!

Now that my son is 10, we wear the same size sock. (Yes, I know that won't last...the little bugger insists on growing) He's a major sock thief. Not anymore. Mommy bought pink toed socks.  :-)

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2008, 12:19:44 PM »

I thought of starting a website to match up mismatched socks.  People could post photos and descriptions.  Swap socks for socks.  I was gonna charge a $1.00 per transaction fee.  I could probably make a decent living, especially with perverts as a secondary market.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2008, 12:21:29 PM »

I thought of starting a website to match up mismatched socks.  People could post photos and descriptions.  Swap socks for socks.  I was gonna charge a $1.00 per transaction fee.  I could probably make a decent living, especially with perverts as a secondary market.
You could even have an annual sale....

"Lord Undies socks, half off".     :lmao:

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2008, 12:25:54 PM »
 :rotf: that's actually a great idea. Someone is already doing it for lost gloves.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2008, 12:29:23 PM »

I'm working on the banners now.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2008, 12:32:04 PM »

True story...many years ago, there was a men's clothing store in Austin, Tx...called "Jack Mortons".  Wish I had a picture of the sign in their front window one day..."Jack Morton's pants half off".   :rotf:

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2008, 12:36:01 PM »

True story...many years ago, there was a men's clothing store in Austin, Tx...called "Jack Mortons".  Wish I had a picture of the sign in their front window one day..."Jack Morton's pants half off".   :rotf:

There was a dress shop in our area named Cathy's.  "All outerware half-off at Cathy's"  I never knew if they knew the joke or not.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2008, 02:46:09 PM »
and to TOTALLY keep this thread meandering in a silly direction.............

there's a chicken restaurant in my hubby's hometown called.....Sam & Ella's.  :bwah:

Offline VelvetElvis

• Misunderestimated
  • Drill Sgt for the DeathSquadHateForce
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2008, 05:09:59 PM »

Remeber, He's going for the pervert market, though.

It should be " Lord Socks undies, half off"
Proud Member of the Death Squad Hate Force Since  1980

Offline FlippyDoo

• Oh NO!!!!! It's a rebel windmill!!!!
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2008, 08:32:14 PM »
DUmmy, if you happen to lurk here, please try this. The next time you find something missing scream "Babbaloo, leave my stuff alone!!!"

The reason that I say this is because I heard Babbaloo, another fictional spirit guide, mention that he's only a few utinsels short of a full set. Babbaloo hangs out at Walmart a lot so you might want to try screaming the above mentioned phrase there the next time you go on a Bouncy mission to convert some repukes.
Fictional spirit-guiding by appointment.
conservativecave.com & conservativeunderground.com

For new members and lurkers: I am a fictional spirit-guide with no smell whatsoever. I am part irish setter and part pigeon. If you don't smell any strange smells it means I'm probably standing next to you. As I am a fictional character anything I post should possibly be considered fictional.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2008, 12:00:41 AM »
thanks Bijou... my husband thinks i make this stuff about DU .. he is having a hard day at work and this will make him giggle..  :yawn:

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2008, 03:50:20 AM »
DUmmy, if you happen to lurk here, please try this. The next time you find something missing scream "Babbaloo, leave my stuff alone!!!"

The reason that I say this is because I heard Babbaloo, another fictional spirit guide, mention that he's only a few utinsels short of a full set. Babbaloo hangs out at Walmart a lot so you might want to try screaming the above mentioned phrase there the next time you go on a Bouncy mission to convert some repukes.

:lmao:

Welcome aboard Flippy.

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2008, 03:51:52 AM »
thanks Bijou... my husband thinks i make this stuff about DU .. he is having a hard day at work and this will make him giggle..  :yawn:
Or possibly terrify him, these people are walking the streets and voting.   :-)