Author Topic: LA Mayor Garcetti admits 'connection' between coronavirus outbreak and protests,  (Read 669 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
LA Mayor Garcetti admits 'connection' between coronavirus outbreak and protests, after downplaying link
https://www.foxnews.com/us/la-protests-linked-to-covid-spike-garcetti

Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti said Wednesday that public protests are likely causing the number of citywide coronavirus cases to spike, just two days after claiming there wasn't "any conclusive evidence" showing a connection between the two.

Garcetti, a Democrat, was speaking at a press conference concerning the recent Black Lives Matter protests in Los Angeles when he was asked if the demonstrations were contributing to the spread of COVID-19.

He claimed he'd consulted with Dr. Barbara Ferrer, LA County's director of public health, and determined the protests were in fact contributing to the spread of the virus.

The protest was a factor.

"In situations where people are close together for longer periods of time and it’s very crowded, we are certain that there is going to be spread. So, we’ve never said that there’s no spread from people who were protesting," she explained.

After being asked earlier in the video if government officials were downplaying the protests' effect on coronavirus stats, she said, "We’ve been really honest and said from the beginning that for any people that are in crowded situations for long periods of time – which long for us means more than 15 minutes – where you’re in close contact with people, less than six feet apart and people aren’t wearing a cloth face covering you have a heightened risk of either transmitting the virus if you are an asymptomatic spreader, or getting the virus from someone else who is spreading because they also are an asymptomatic spreader."
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline DLR Pyro

As a result,  all of us in California are basically under house arrest again this July 4th weekend.   No beach, no gatherings,  no fireworks displays to celebrate our Nation's independence.   

The democrat politicians are taking away our freedoms and independence and punishing us because criminals misbehaved a few weeks ago.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline ExGeeEye

• We don't need another
  • Spread the work ethic; the wealth will follow.
As a result,  all of us in California are basically under house arrest again this July 4th weekend.   No beach, no gatherings,  no fireworks displays to celebrate our Nation's independence.   

The democrat politicians are taking away our freedoms and independence and punishing us because criminals misbehaved a few weeks ago.

Take Them Back.
My CCW permit was issued in 1791.

Charter Member: Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy
Associate Member: Basket of Deplorables
Charter Member: Listless Vessels

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
As a result,  all of us in California are basically under house arrest again this July 4th weekend. No beach, no gatherings,  no fireworks displays to celebrate our Nation's independence.

Not this Californian. Every weekend I've been driving down the coast from Half Moon Bay to Santa Cruz. The only thing "closed" about the beaches were the parking lots. People just parked on the side of Highway 1 and walked in, including me. There were no LEOs there to stop people going in and having fun. And when I got down to Santa Cruz for a sit down dinner on the pier, the Boardwalk was open for business (no rides though) and the beach was packed with mask wearing in the minority. Numb Nuts Newsom and the rest of the tyrants in Sacramento may think they're locking us down but there are many people a who are tired of their BS and defy their orders.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline DLR Pyro

Not this Californian. Every weekend I've been driving down the coast from Half Moon Bay to Santa Cruz. The only thing "closed" about the beaches were the parking lots. People just parked on the side of Highway 1 and walked in, including me. There were no LEOs there to stop people going in and having fun. And when I got down to Santa Cruz for a sit down dinner on the pier, the Boardwalk was open for business (no rides though) and the beach was packed with mask wearing in the minority. Numb Nuts Newsom and the rest of the tyrants in Sacramento may think they're locking us down but there are many people a who are tired of their BS and defy their orders.

Orange County isn't too on board with newscums edict to close the beaches.  At Salt Creek Beach, they have blocked off the parking lots, but there is alot of parking on the nearby streets and the stretched golf cart shuttle that takes people from the parking lot down the steep hill to the beach was running, and they added a 2nd golf cart to handle the crowd.  I live a mile from the beach so I rode my bike down there and spent several hours drinking rum punch and giving newscum the figurative middle finger to his hollow orders to keep us locked up in our homes on the Nation's birthday.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020