Author Topic: A lesbian landmark goes `all-welcome'  (Read 1330 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
A lesbian landmark goes `all-welcome'
« on: November 27, 2010, 01:36:20 PM »
I guess that it's all business . . . but not the type that hetero guys could be allowed to go for.

A lesbian landmark goes `all-welcome'

The Pearl's Rainbow guesthouse will allow male visitors -- a sign of the down economy but also a signal of the growing acceptance of female couples.

BY CAMMY CLARK

KEY WEST -- Guests lounge around the pool at Pearl's Rainbow, soaking up the sunshine and tropical vibes typical of a Southernmost guesthouse. Not a man is in sight -- and that's the way these vacationers like it.

But over this Thanksgiving weekend, Key West's only lesbian-exclusive resort is going "all welcome.''

The decision was made public about the same time Pearl's Rainbow was honored in October by Curve, the best-selling lesbian magazine, as the guesthouse that had the greatest impact on lesbian culture over the past 20 years.

Pearl's Rainbow's lesbian owner, Heather Carruthers, said it was a business decision based on tough economic realities, the request of some lesbian guests who would like to bring male family members or friends -- and on some good news. Lesbians are being more accepted and feel more comfortable in the mainstream these days.

``They can hold hands wherever they want to,'' Carruthers said. ``It's really the world we want to have. We don't necessarily want to be segregated.''

While I think that lesbianism is a tad more accepted now than it has been in the past, it's mainly--99%, I'd think--a business decision.

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/11/25/1943614/a-lesbian-landmark-goes-all-welcome.html#ixzz16Vsirjz4
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline true_blood

Re: A lesbian landmark goes `all-welcome'
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 12:08:35 PM »
 :hammer: :lmao:

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 02:27:35 PM »
Well I hope they can lick their money problems...
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 09:17:55 PM »
Well I hope they can lick their money problems...

They are just trying to snatch as much money as they can.
 :-)
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 07:00:24 AM »
Of course, this now means they'll be losing money in strap-on rentals.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline thundley4

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2010, 07:15:55 AM »
Of course, this now means they'll be losing money in strap-on rentals.

Not if those male friends are of the DUmmie type men.