Author Topic: DUmmy Pam Now Junkie Pam  (Read 1083 times)

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
DUmmy Pam Now Junkie Pam
« on: December 21, 2012, 08:37:30 PM »
You may recall how DUmmy Pam Dawson liked to call Rush a "junkie" due to prescription pain pills.

Well, look at the DUmp's newest junkie:
Wed Dec 19, 2012, 11:47 PM
demtenjeep (21,703 posts)

Which is more effective ... the goal is to take the least amount necessary for pain relief

Oxycontin 12.5 cr one ever 8 hours

or Lortab 7.5 every 4 hours

I want to cut one out but the Lortab every 4 hours just barely takes away the pain, leaves me with a dull ache that never goes away

The Oxy seems to work,but it takes a little while to feel any relief. Also 8 hours is way too long inbetween times

thinking about going to just the Oxy if they will add a dose so I would be taking it every 4 hours and not 8. My pharmacist says this is a pretty low dosage because I talked to him about my fear of Oxy.

My GI doc is talking about going to a pain patch? not sure how that would work.

Any thoughts

http://www.democraticunderground.com/11471001

There's no place on the innertube with more prescription drug experts than the DUmp.

DUmmy Warpy, a dead ringer for President von Hindenberg, was expelled from nursing and fled from New England to the desert southwest, all due to theft of drugs under her care at a hospital:
Response to demtenjeep (Original post)
Thu Dec 20, 2012, 12:21 AM
Warpy (66,185 posts)
1. They're completely different drugs

Oxycontin (oxycodone) is the stronger of the two. The Lortab (hydrocodone) is usually mixed with Tylenol. What people in serious pain generally do is take the oxy around the clock and use the Lortab for breakthrough pain.

Pain patches deliver a drug, usually Fentanyl (sublimaze) through the skin, over a long period of time. The good news is that you don't have to think about taking pills on time. The bad news is that it's an incredibly strong drug, so disposing of the used patches properly is necessary. Junkies OD on the stuff if they find a patch in the trash.

You will likely still have a prescription for breakthrough pain with a pain patch.

Good luck, I hope you find a pain management regimen that suits you and allows you to get back to

If Pam ever makes good on her oft-repeated declaration of imminent death, DUmmy Warpy will be glad to dispose of any leftover oxycontin or lortab for her survivors.

It's far more likely that Pam will outlive DUmmy Warpy.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: DUmmy Pam Now Junkie Pam
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 08:39:55 PM »
She has scripts for Oxy and Lortab?

Way to go, DUmmy.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, 08:41:10 PM »
She has scripts for Oxy and Lortab?

Way to go, DUmmy.

I'm a naif when it comes to drugs.  Are these pretty potent?  Would they keep the Taverner primitive happy?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris_

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2012, 08:41:52 PM »
I'm a naif when it comes to drugs.  Are these pretty potent?  Would they keep the Taverner primitive happy?
They would, but he would probably have to take one of each to get off.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2012, 09:38:34 PM »
This has been an ongoing problem for years. She would beg, borrow or steal to get more drugs. She goes through her allotment way before a refill is allowed. I think she slowed down for a bit.

I really miss DU2 and all the old threads that were available on search. I was searching some old postings by her and noticed that she mentioned pain killer a lot.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2012, 09:40:52 PM »
They would, but he would probably have to take one of each to get off.

Considering he shoots up with heroin, I doubt a whole bottle of either of those will do much for him.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2012, 09:59:10 PM »
She sounds just like my brothers widow, she was on Oxy as well as the patches and some type of pain sucker. Then the doctor cut her off and put her on methadone to try to get her off the Oxy and other drugs. My brother died from a methadone overdose, her methadone that she gave him.

Oxy is highly controlled, they are keeping an eye on you Pam. The government knows how much you are taking.

By the way, what is she taking it for?

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2012, 10:00:45 PM »
She sounds just like my brothers widow, she was on Oxy as well as the patches and some type of pain sucker. Then the doctor cut her off and put her on methadone to try to get her off the Oxy and other drugs. My brother died from a methadone overdose, her methadone that she gave him.

Oxy is highly controlled, they are keeping an eye on you Pam. The government knows how much you are taking.

Her posting finger gets sore from punching the post button all day long.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2012, 10:02:26 PM »
Her posting finger gets sore from punching the post button all day long.
You can't fix ugly... but she keeps trying.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2012, 10:05:11 PM »
You can't fix ugly... but she keeps trying.

You can't fix stupid either. DU is living proof of that.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2012, 11:02:18 PM »

As best I recall and from the reference to her GI doc, it's Crohn's, IBS, or some other runaway shitter disease.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2012, 04:41:16 AM »
Very disappointed. I expected this to be a huge bonfire with all the experience with heavy narcotics these misfits have. 

:bawl:

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2012, 10:42:56 AM »
Considering he shoots up with heroin, I doubt a whole bottle of either of those will do much for him.
My favorite comment from Taverner was when he complained that "the corporate media only shows you the bad side of heroin".

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2012, 01:56:05 PM »
Pammy, pain is all in your mind, brain really. Literally. Your brain tells your hand to feel "burn" when you put your hand on a hot plate.

You should consider visiting and consulting your local hypnotherapist and/or acupuncturist in conjunction with your doctor for the most holistic , lowest carbon footprint pain management.

Of course, you need a certain level of intelligence and an ability to follow directions for hypnotherapy to be any benefit. The reality is most of your pain is caused by plain old common DUmmie obstinacy.

PS: The hot plate is only an example. Do not actually put your hand on one, Pammy, and try to Vulcan your way out of the pain. That would be DUmb.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline jukin

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2012, 03:19:40 PM »
Obama HellCare is going to tightly ration those pills she wants. As Moochelle said, some will have to give up theirs so that others can have more.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2012, 03:23:28 PM »
Knowing that this is Pammy she is either making it up or bragging about what meds she is on. Her drugs of choice are attention and sympathy from her fellow DUmmies.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2012, 06:09:19 PM »
Pammy, pain is all in your mind, brain really. Literally. Your brain tells your hand to feel "burn" when you put your hand on a hot plate.

You should consider visiting and consulting your local hypnotherapist and/or acupuncturist in conjunction with your doctor for the most holistic , lowest carbon footprint pain management.

Of course, you need a certain level of intelligence and an ability to follow directions for hypnotherapy to be any benefit. The reality is most of your pain is caused by plain old common DUmmie obstinacy.

PS: The hot plate is only an example. Do not actually put your hand on one, Pammy, and try to Vulcan your way out of the pain. That would be DUmb.

Don't listen to him Pam. Put your hand on the hot plate and leave it there. It's good training for pain relief. No pain, no gain!!!    :fuelfire: :fuelfire: :fuelfire:

:-)
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2012, 06:18:43 PM »
Quote from:
demtenjeep

I want to cut one...

I realize it's grade school humor, but they really need to be more careful what they write.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2012, 07:47:38 AM »
I realize it's grade school humor, but they really need to be more careful what they write.

Pain tolerance is very different for each of us.   I hate it when asked to describe on a scale of 1-10 from the worse pain I ever had in the past to what this new pain from Post Op to a broken bone or sprained back .

Reason is no one asks what the cause of the worse pain was do to.   Me, 3 rd.degree burns on 1/6 of my body.

This puts that experience at a 10+++++.   Child birth would come in compaired to that episode at a -5, and an abscessed tooth at about a +7.   

I have HIGH pain tolerance so when taking pain medication I am usually prescribed over or under doses of what ever.  That powerful drugs may be needed by some, for me sometimes 3-4 aspirin will do for me.

Those super duper heavy drugs are over perscribed, the few times I needed them were few and far between, just put me into a La La land where I later had little idea what was going on. 

I simply do not understand how anyone can function on those medications.  I hate Demerol injections, I just sit back and watch Lobsters crawl around the ceiling. 

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2012, 04:17:26 PM »

Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2012, 05:29:45 PM »
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2012, 05:52:30 PM »
Why you people have no compassion whatsoever!

I can't believe none of you gave her a copy of this yet:

“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2012, 06:43:17 PM »
I hope Pammy has it right with the oxycontin, and not confuse it with oxytocin.   :lmao:
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.