Author Topic: If the President did so well, why does this poll need DUmp help?  (Read 758 times)

Offline Ogre

• What Cat?
Lurking Dummies, I'm curious.  After reading through your threads during and after the debate, you asserted, no, applauded how well the President did and were convinced that Romney was finished, the White House securely in Democrat control for another four years. 

Now to my surprise I see that you are "DUing" a poll.  You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not entitled to your own facts or to manufacture your own facts.  You tell us how you are people of strong convictions, yet it would seem that your conviction in last nights debate is so fragile as to warrant deceit to back your claims.  I know you won't respond here, it is afterall frigthening to have to articulate your arguement outside of the hive.  Just some food for your thought.  :popcorn:

Wed Oct 17, 2012, 01:27 AM

GDoyle (232 posts)

Ohio Poll Needs To Be DUed

Get to it. Also saw it linked on Daily Kos

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/politics/2012/10/16/what-did-you-think-of-the-debate/

Response to GDoyle (Original post)

Wed Oct 17, 2012, 05:16 PM

JaneyVee (850 posts)

29. 53-47 Romney. We're getting there. Keep going. Ohio is IMPORTANT.

"Don't argue about difficulties. The difficulties will argue for themselves."  - Winston Churchill

"Get some lumber, build a bridge, and get the hell over it" - Unknown

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
Re: If the President did so well, why does this poll need DUmp help?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 05:07:27 PM »
55-45 Romney.
In the moonbat haven of Cincinnati, no less.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline jukin

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 05:14:44 PM »
The DUches are fragile today.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 05:16:36 PM »
The DUches are fragile today.

One wonders why.

Too bad for the primitives.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2012, 05:24:12 PM »
55-45 Romney.
In the moonbat haven of Cincinnati, no less.
Cincinnati and Columbus are about the least moonbat-dominated major cities in the midwest.

They swarm with moonbats, but not to the extent you'd expect in cities their size.

Unfortunately, Toledo and Cleveland swing violently in the other direction.

Offline EagleKeeper

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2012, 05:40:23 PM »
I noticed this earlier, all the victory dancing but 6 threads in GD devoted to giving up the DU love for polls on the web.

Seems paranoid to me.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
- Napoleon Bonaparte

If you wait by the river long enough the bodies of your enemies will float by.
-Sun Tzu

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2012, 06:21:29 PM »
I noticed this earlier, all the victory dancing but 6 threads in GD devoted to giving up the DU love for polls on the web.

Seems paranoid to me.

They declared victory during the VP debate as well, and as time went on, that victory quietly reversed. THey believe that fudging poll numbers can stop that from happening.

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2012, 07:19:14 PM »
Response to GDoyle (Original post)

Wed Oct 17, 2012, 05:16 PM

JaneyVee (850 posts)

29. 53-47 Romney. We're getting there. Keep going. Ohio is IMPORTANT.

I think this DUmmie is confused.  His vote in a random online poll will not be counted towards Ohio's final popular vote count. :loser:
“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther

Offline thundley4

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2012, 07:22:55 PM »
I think this DUmmie is confused.  His vote in a random online poll will not be counted towards Ohio's final popular vote count. :loser:

You don't understand.  If Obama wins in online polls, then it will be proof that Romney stole the election when November 7 arrives.

Offline Maxiest

• Chief Interruptor Officer
  • IT Guru - Social Media Wizard - Recovery Advocate
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2012, 07:23:50 PM »

:rofl:
"The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither; the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great measure of both."

"Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program."

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes nonwork."

-Milton Friedman

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2012, 07:26:27 PM »

You don't understand.  If Obama wins in online polls, then it will be proof that Romney stole the election when November 7 arrives.

I'd forgotten about that.:-)
“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther

Offline Ausonius

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2012, 07:30:34 PM »
Cincinnati and Columbus are about the least moonbat-dominated major cities in the midwest.

They swarm with moonbats, but not to the extent you'd expect in cities their size.

Unfortunately, Toledo and Cleveland swing violently in the other direction.

As a resident of Columbus, and former resident of Toledo, I can attest to the (unfortunate, in the case of Toledo) truth of this!

It is possible - barely - that usual Democrat bastions Dayton, Akron-Canton, and Youngstown might weaken in support of Dems, Dayton because of the presence of Wright-Patterson AFB, which MAObama wants to decimate, and the others because of the fledgling boom in oil fracking, opposed by Dems of course.

Kool-Aid drinkers are hard to turn from the dark side.
"Every democracy eventually becomes a bilge pump expelling the most hilarious and unwitting self-satire."

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2012, 08:11:23 PM »
Mitt Romney (55%, 6,740 Votes)
Barack Obama (45%, 5,465 Votes)
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2012, 08:37:30 PM »
Many moons ago when I did have a mole on the island, I asked the primitives the reason they were encouraging members to "DU this poll" seeing as they were all unscientific.  Get this for an answer:  It's because someone might see it and be influenced by the results.  "Oh look Martha, 52% of respondants on this poll believe this.  Maybe we should, too."

At the time, it was hard to imagine that the primtives were that simpleminded.  But after years of this, I've come to realize that didn't scratch the surface of just how dumb they really are.  I also came to realize that the primitives *are* the type who are stupid enough to say, "Oh look Martha, 52% of respondants on this poll believe this.  Maybe we should, too."

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2012, 08:46:05 PM »
The obvious answer to why they need to DU the poll is, it was freeped by freepers who get paid to troll DU and skew polls.  :-)
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2012, 04:23:03 AM »
It must have worked--it's 60-40 Obama now.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Karin

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2012, 08:00:03 AM »
At the time, it was hard to imagine that the primtives were that simpleminded.  But after years of this, I've come to realize that didn't scratch the surface of just how dumb they really are.  I also came to realize that the primitives *are* the type who are stupid enough to say, "Oh look Martha, 52% of respondants on this poll believe this.  Maybe we should, too."

:lmao:  So true. 

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2012, 08:15:25 AM »
They declared victory during the VP debate as well, and as time went on, that victory quietly reversed. THey believe that fudging poll numbers can stop that from happening.

"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2012, 08:29:14 AM »
I just voted Romney. Sorry DUmp, but your President sucks.

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU

Martin Luther

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2012, 01:28:42 PM »
I never understand why these idiots think DUin a pole makes a difference. It was Definitely Romney before these pukes started cheating. I would think originally it was more than likely local voters in the poll. Seems to me they're ****ed!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Ausonius

« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2012, 03:41:28 PM »
"Every democracy eventually becomes a bilge pump expelling the most hilarious and unwitting self-satire."

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2012, 04:22:31 PM »
Many moons ago when I did have a mole on the island, I asked the primitives the reason they were encouraging members to "DU this poll" seeing as they were all unscientific.  Get this for an answer:  It's because someone might see it and be influenced by the results.  "Oh look Martha, 52% of respondants on this poll believe this.  Maybe we should, too."

I read a profanity-laced post by some DUmpette  a long, long, LONG time ago. She answered a similar question with (paraphrase) "It's about controlling the F***ING NARRATIVE"

I remember it well all these years later, because it was the single most truthful thing ever posted on DU.

Anyway, it might have been so long ago it was on DU1. - Ill have to hit the Nadin Engine and see of I can scratch up a result.