Author Topic: primitive faces crunch time  (Read 1000 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
primitive faces crunch time
« on: October 07, 2012, 07:45:15 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/11511933

Oh my.

You know, this newest denizen of the looney forum just might make it into the Top DUmmies of 2012.

Paragraphized to make for easier reading; for some reason that escapes me, primitives in the looney forum on Skins's island tend to be afraid of paragraphizing.

Denninmi (3,823 posts)  Sun Oct 7, 2012, 04:52 AM

It's crunch time. A decision must be made. I'm damned sick of this.

I am really really sick of this self-torture over "what if"... especially because I know intellectually the wild scenarios I have been torturing myself with for 6-7 weeks are just that, wild, far fetched scenarios that aren't going to happen. In fact, I don't see any reason why I can't come out the other side of this entire experience in a lot better shape mentally and physically than I went going in. And to me, that would mean being a winner in life, not in some Charlie Sheen way, but in a meaningful way, that I can have the things in life I want if I just go after them.

Yesterday was a really weird day for me in a constant string of weird days. As I said in the other post, I found everything either hilarious or freakin' awesome due to the stepped-up dose on the lamictal. But I still had all of these gnawing fears and spent most of the day either stewing over them or kind of torturing my poor mother with snide remarks or direct complaints about the way my family has dealt with this, the behind my back gossip about my "state of mental health".

And I spent a lot of time thinking about everything the various mental health professionals I dealt with have told me. And from the psychiatrist to the hospital staff to my own therapist, they are all telling me the exact same thing, that I will be fine medically/psychologically once the lamictal gets to its therapeutic dose, that this is a relatively minor anomaly in my life. But more importantly, they have all told me there is no reason to fear that I will lose everything in life as long as I don't choose to go down that road.

I discussed my hospital experience on Friday with the psychiatrist, and told her about the people I had encountered who had been repeatedly hospitalized with multiple suicide attempts, and her analysis of that situation was the same as my therapist's, that some of them get into the mindset where it is just easier for them to be that way than to try to function. And I never want to be like that. But my current psychological path has been leading me to some dark thoughts, and that is what will destroy me if anything does. Like the song says, "I am my own worst enemy ... know your enemy".

I spent an especially large amount of time thinking over and over about what happened with D***, who is the MSW group therapist at the hospital, both on that Friday when he was tough on me, and his last comment he made to me when I was leaving, which started with him asking me a question, "What is different now?" I didn't quite know what to say, so he told me, "what is different now is your attitude, and attitude will be what makes or breaks you." And he is completely right. That and the other line, "You're pissed as Hell, you have every right to be, and you want to tell the world to **** off" will be the two things I will never forget out of my time with him.

I'm still scared, I would by lying if I said anything less. So scared I could sit here and cry right now if I just allowed myself to. But I won't, because I am not going to give into this thing. I have thought extensively about the good things in my life that I do have. Both the material, the intangible, and the existential. I know I have it in me to succeed, as long as I don't let life tear me down to the point of self-loathing and self-defeat. And I really, really want to succeed.

As I said in my other post, I DO like my middle class suburban lifestyle. I have it better than probably 95% of the humans who have ever lived on this planet. I don't want to sound too materialistic, but frankly I guess I am, I enjoy the "stuff" in my life and I don't want to lose that. And if I do lose it all, it's going to be my own fault more than it will be the fault of the monster known as stigma. Because I can fight that, it's fighting the demons of my own soul that will be the epic battle that makes or breaks this soldier. It's war, and I can't ever forget that. War isn't pretty, but at times it is necessary and unavoidable, and this is one of those times.

I have received a tremendous amount of support from the DU community, both publically and privately, and it has made such a difference to me to know that there are good people out there who do care about each other, even if that means being kind to a total stranger on an internet discussion forum. So to all of you, I say thank you from the bottom of my heart.

But I also have a request, and that is this, if I slip back to the "woe is me, this thing will destroy me" frame of mind, please kick my ass twelve ways to Sunday about it. Because that is what I need, more than anything, the drill sergeant who kicks my ass because it's the right thing to do to motivate me to help myself. So please, please don't indulge my paranoia and fear any more. Just be brutally honest and tell me like it is, that I'm being an ass and I better get over myself.

It's a new day, the first day of a new week. In a few hours, I have my first appointment with the personal trainer who is going to kick my ass for the next three months. I've got enough time now to go out and ride, even though I said I wasn't going to this morning.

Funny story, I'm up posting this now in the early hours of the morning, because I forgot to take seroquel last night, set it out on the nightstand next to me, and it's still there because I fell asleep before I took it. When I woke up and put the dog out a little while ago, I said to myself, hey, the seroquel isn't working as well as it did. When I came back to bed to write this, I noticed the pill sitting there next to my watch, and had a good laugh about that one, it was both funny and awesome that I thought I'd taken it.

Funny and awesome is so much better than weepy and morose, even if it is just the step up in my lamictal and won't last. I've had pretty much a lifetime of weepy and morose in a couple of month's time, and its not attractive. And it damned sure hurts. It's time to say enough is enough.

So, I've reached a few decisions. The first is that I am not telling anyone else in my family about my diagnosis, about the hospital, about any of it. Because it's none of their damned business in the first place.

The second is that I'm not telling anyone else, either. For the same reason, it's no one's business but mine. If they don't know, they can't judge me on an artificial standard based on their own prejudices and misbeliefs about mental illness. And I'm not going to spend my life looking over my shoulder waiting for someone to find out. Life is too short for that.

The third decision is that I'm going to live my life and try to make every day my best. You know, yesterday I took my gym clothes from Friday mornings workout session out of the laundry bag in my car and threw them in the wash. I should have done it Friday night, they were disgusting, absolutely drenched in my own sweat, and the only reason they didn't smell like nadinbrzezinski was because it has been quite cold here, barely got into the mid 40's yesterday, so they were essentially refrigerated. And when I looked at how drenched they were, I was damned proud of that, because I faced a challenge and a new situation that was frightening, and I not only survived it, I made it my own.

And that is how it should be. Winners win, no matter how hard it is. And I want to be a winner. Because I'm damned sick of making myself feel like a loser. I'm better than that, bipolar or no bipolar.

Well, one's sincerest wishes of good luck to the primitive, but as he's a primitive.....

As I said last week, he's faced with a choice.  He can choose to be a primitive, or choose to be sane.  There's no middle ground, no mix.  One or the other.  Being a primitive, or being sane.  One or the other.  Not a some of this and some of that.  One or the other.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
Re: primitive faces crunch time
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 07:54:43 AM »
Just from the length of that.
Are you sure that isn't the Bostonian Drunkard?
Another temporary sockpuppet perhaps?
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 07:57:17 AM »
What the crack about nadin smelling.  Wonder of the primitives will catch that one?

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 08:05:04 AM »
What the crack about nadin smelling.  Wonder of the primitives will catch that one?

I'm trying a new computer program.

It's called "insert the word 'nadinbrzezinski' if more appropriate."

It's not meant to deceive, because after all I've hardly ever used "nadinbrzezinski" in anything I write, and so if one comes across it in something I've posted, it's reasonable to assume this new computer program did it.

I'm not sure however if I'm going to keep using it; this is a temporary short-term try-out.

apres moi, le deluge

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, 08:11:00 AM »
Ahhh ok. I thought perhaps even a new primitive thought her ridiculous and took a jab. Mildly disappointing.,,only mildly though. These are primitives after all an as you've pointed out before expecting civilized behavior like a tongue in cheek observation is like expecting a monkey to stop picking the bugs off her baby's back.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, 08:13:47 AM »
Just from the length of that.
Are you sure that isn't the Bostonian Drunkard?
Another temporary sockpuppet perhaps?

I'm more frustrated at the lack of paragraphization in the looney forum.

<<spends a lot of time paragraphizing comments of primitives, especially there.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2012, 08:38:57 AM »
Do you know why leftists are all mental patients?

Because they imagine themselves wiser and more unique than everyone else.

And yet, their brilliance is unrecognized and unappreciated by the benighted masses.

And so it wears on their psyches.

The OP is a prime case of this.

As it reaches into the depths of its soul to lay bare for us to ponder, marvel and pity...

...it's still just tedious and dull.

Seriously, who gives a ****? Why should we?

And if you told this imbecile as much it would rage against you.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2012, 08:47:32 AM »
Because they imagine themselves wiser and more unique than everyone else.

You're right.

The Dennis the Menace primitive up over there in Michigan is something like 47 years old (give or take a year either way), still lives at home with his mother, and hates his job.

He may think of himself has having his head screwed on right, but nobody else would.

Just as with the subway cat and the Las Vegas Leviathan; they aren't screwed up, the rest of the world's screwed up.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline jukin

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2012, 09:56:39 AM »
Again, I think that the DUmp should be shutdown because it is really doing harm to all of the mental patients that infest the DUmp.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline dane

• http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-ash2/37017
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2012, 10:18:48 AM »
Two meds - lamictal and seroquel -  in one post that can be used for depression/bipolar.  Is that over-dosing?  One wonders how many other meds, prescribed or otherwise, are involved.

This whole rant is just chock full of "poor me", and without going to the link to check, I imagine there will be a bunch of commiserating such as "hugs coming your way", "check for the healing light I've sent you", and other such drivel.

I disagree with this line from the rant
". . .and attitude will be what makes or breaks you. . ."
It is more of how the attitude affects the behavior that is crucial.  The behavior makes or breaks you.  IMO.
This too shall pass.

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2012, 10:32:12 AM »
This unit will be fun to watch in early Nov.  The f***** up in this one is strong.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2012, 01:12:58 PM »
You have to scan through his earlier posts in the boobyhatch forum.

He dominates the boobyhatch these days as much as the elephant character dominates the old DU.

DUmmy Denninmi is a hopeless manic depressive who has been on a roaring, soaring manic high for the past two or three months.

Sometimes he posts in GD about hs great new interest of the day, like his bike riding.

He's so out of control he cannot limit spending, and will soon be bankrupt, or at least bankrupt his mother.

An example was a flat tire on his bike. He took it to the bike shop for repair and instead bought a brand new fancy mountain bike.

With zero income.

He's beginning to hit the depressive side, and may kill himself soon. That could mess up DOTY voting.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2012, 01:17:31 PM »
He's beginning to hit the depressive side, and may kill himself soon. That could mess up DOTY voting.

Oh, but one's status in life doesn't matter for the Top DUmmies of 2012.

As long as a primitive was alive any time during 2012, the primitive can be nominated and even win an award.

This has been a concern of mine all year long, because I'm wondering given the elections, if we might not have to give out some posthumous awards.

Or rather, I'm hoping we have to.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2012, 01:27:23 PM »
Again, I think that the DUmp should be shutdown because it is really doing harm to all of the mental patients that infest the DUmp.

Well, I've never seen a downside to suicide among DUmmies.

It's really all for the good of the nation, financially, spiritually, politically, even aesthetically.

Now that coach has clarified that suicide doesn't hurt, but could actually enhance, a DUmmy's campaign for DOTY recognition, I for one strongly endorse that option for any DUmpmonkey considering it.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2012, 02:52:16 PM »
Now that coach has clarified that suicide doesn't hurt, but could actually enhance, a DUmmy's campaign for DOTY recognition, I for one strongly endorse that option for any DUmpmonkey considering it.

Good one, sir.

It has franksolich's seal of approval.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline dane

• http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-ash2/37017
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2012, 03:08:19 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/11511933

You know, this newest denizen of the looney forum just might make it into the Top DUmmies of 2012.

Paragraphized to make for easier reading; for some reason that escapes me, primitives in the looney forum on Skins's island tend to be afraid of paragraphizing.

Well, one's sincerest wishes of good luck to the primitive, but as he's a primitive.....

As I said last week, he's faced with a choice.  He can choose to be a primitive, or choose to be sane.  There's no middle ground, no mix.  One or the other.  Being a primitive, or being sane.  One or the other.  Not a some of this and some of that.  One or the other.
I just got back from reading the thread linked, and several others like it.  Man, that is GOLD!

I read one post that said the dude is returning to the same therapist he saw for SEVEN years previously - and he still ain't fixed.  I wonder if a therapist ever says something like "Get over it Dude.  Move on!"
This too shall pass.

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2012, 04:01:48 PM »
I just got back from reading the thread linked, and several others like it.  Man, that is GOLD!

I read one post that said the dude is returning to the same therapist he saw for SEVEN years previously - and he still ain't fixed.  I wonder if a therapist ever says something like "Get over it Dude.  Move on!"

Not likely, at least as long as said dummie has money or insurance coverage.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2012, 04:23:54 PM »

Hi5 Juk!!! H5!

Well, I've never seen a downside to suicide among DUmmies.

It's really all for the good of the nation, financially, spiritually, politically, even aesthetically.

Oh no you din't!!!

Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!! Get's my vote!

Not likely, at least as long as said dummie has money or insurance coverage.

Pretty sure the Head DUmpMonkey is tryin' to assure that!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2012, 07:03:59 PM »
Hi5 Juk!!! H5!

Oh no you din't!!!

Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!! Get's my vote!

Pretty sure the Head DUmpMonkey is tryin' to assure that!

AR, how the deuce have you been?  Been a long time!
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2012, 07:41:02 PM »
Denninmi (3,823 posts)  Sun Oct 7, 2012, 04:52 AM

It's crunch time. A decision must be made. I'm damned sick of this.

Blah, blah, blah...

I can make you feel better dummie. Find a bridge and jump off it. You will sprout wings and fly. I promise. Done it myself. Nothing better than flying around with the pretty little birdies. It will make you feel really good. I promise. Much better than posting on the dump.

:-) :-)
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline thundley4

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2012, 07:43:29 PM »
I can make you feel better dummie. Find a bridge and jump off it. You will sprout wings and fly. I promise. Done it myself. Nothing better than flying around with the pretty little birdies. It will make you feel really good. I promise. Much better than posting on the dump.

:-) :-)

It works better to do it off an overpass when a semi is approaching underneath.  The updraft from the truck will give better lift.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2012, 07:52:41 PM »
It works better to do it off an overpass when a semi is approaching underneath.  The updraft from the truck will give better lift.

Only if it is going around 65mph. Anything less and you don't get the powerful updraft.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Zeus

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2012, 08:09:00 PM »

Meh , keeps em off the streets for awhile.
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.