Author Topic: I see Obama signs, and I'm very wealthy. (proud2blyingkansan)  (Read 753 times)

Offline thundley4

I see Obama signs, and I'm very wealthy. (proud2blyingkansan)
« on: October 06, 2012, 07:09:15 PM »
I realize yard signs don't win elections.

But I noticed something interesting today. I live in the wealthiest county in a very red state. Today I drove through the wealthiest neighborhood in this wealthy county and was stunned by the number of Obama signs. Also signs for local Democrats running for office. Normally there are mainly Republican signs and very few Democratic signs in this particular neighborhood. But not this year. The Romney and Obama signs were about 50/50. But the local races were represented by a vast majority of Democratic signs. I'd say that was closer to 90/10.

In a Republican dominated county in a red state, this is huge.

But like I said, I realize yard signs don't win elections
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10021486235

OKNancy (26,843 posts)
1. It's the same here in Tulsa. Many of the wealthier folks

are Democrats.
Here in my very middle-middle class neighborhood there is one sign. It's for Obama-Biden.

proud2BlibKansan (93,568 posts)
2. This is a big change. More like a big lie, but it let's you brag about being rich.)

I've lived here nearly all my life and it's not unusual to not see ANY Democratic signs in that particular neighborhood.

Offline Maxiest

• Chief Interruptor Officer
  • IT Guru - Social Media Wizard - Recovery Advocate
Re: I see Obama signs, and I'm very wealthy. (proud2blyingkansan)
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 07:24:03 PM »
This has almost always been the case they have just never wanted to publicly knowledge it.

I have been having conversations with conservative friends for years about why some of the wealthiest people vote D.  I live in the Nashville area and the are some extremely rich Democrats in the area including people in the music industry and the music industry is notoriously liberal.

That's why I have always argued till I am blue in the face with the whole the Republicans are for the rich argument.  I know a lot of wealthy R's but I know just as many or more wealthy D's.
"The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither; the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great measure of both."

"Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program."

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes nonwork."

-Milton Friedman

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 07:29:05 PM »

So these evil rich bastards are democrats?  Not something I want to advertise if I'm trying to spread class envy.
“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 07:35:00 PM »
I live in "Keep It Weird" Austin and have yet to see a sign for either Romney or Obama.

Offline ScubaGuy

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2012, 07:36:19 PM »
Funny but this week I had the opportunity to drive from downtown Raleigh, through Durham to Roanoke.

The immediate area around downtown Raleigh isn't a place you want to be after dark and it's littered with Obummer signs.  As soon as you get to the better areas it's mostly Romney.  Entering east Durham there was an equal number or crack dealers, winos,  crack ho's and Obama signs.  Get outside or Durham, nice houses, nice farms and Romney signs.  All the way to Roanoke, nothing but Romney signs.
25 years ago we had Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have Obama, no hope and no cash.

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2012, 07:36:50 PM »
It's the same here in Tulsa. Many of the wealthier folks

are Democrats.

Then you need to pay your fair share.  ::)
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline Undies

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2012, 07:43:02 PM »
I live in "Keep It Weird" Austin and have yet to see a sign for either Romney or Obama.

I haven't seen any either.  Not one.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2012, 07:44:21 PM »
OKNancy (26,843 posts)
1. It's the same here in Tulsa. Many of the wealthier folks

are Democrats.
Here in my very middle-middle class neighborhood there is one sign. It's for Obama-Biden.

Ok...Nancy, you are full of shit.  I lived in Tulsa for 6 years, there is no way Oklahoma, or Tulsa for that matter, will go for Obama.

Offline BigTex

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2012, 07:46:27 PM »

I live just outside of Austin in Bastrop and ive seen maybe a couple of Romney signs but no Obama ones.
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism. -Kenny Powers

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2012, 07:47:52 PM »
Ok...Nancy, you are full of shit.  I lived in Tulsa for 6 years, there is no way Oklahoma, or Tulsa for that matter, will go for Obama.

Not a single Oklahoma county went for Obama in 2008.  I predict a repeat.
“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2012, 07:55:52 PM »

My dear niece just moved out there!

I hope she doesn't get too liberalized.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2012, 08:29:08 PM »
Oh yes, I was going to bring this one here. If she's babbling about Johnson Country down there in Kansas, she can forget about it - 21/22 state Reps are GOP, and every state senator from her district is as well.

Response to mzmolly (Reply #5)
Sat Oct 6, 2012, 08:46 PM
 proud2BlibKansan (93,575 posts)
6. It doesn't look like Romney has much of a ground game.

And you can't win elections without a ground game. 

She is a retard.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2012, 08:33:47 PM »
This is like the empty shopping malls and the gazillion Kerry bumperstickers and not one singe Bush sticker in a 400000 square mile area back in 2004.  :-)
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Jasonw560

• Is a Juke Box
  • PhD from Sarcastic State
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2012, 08:36:06 PM »
I live just outside of Austin in Bastrop and ive seen maybe a couple of Romney signs but no Obama ones.
My wife's aunt lives in Bastrop.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
-Aristotle

"Metaphors needn't be explained to educated people"-Ted
Nugent

"Life ain't fair. Get over it or wear a helmet" -diesel driver

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2012, 08:51:51 PM »
Uh oh dummies. I live in a swing state and Romney signs are about 80 to 20 here. Just sayin;)

Offline shadeaux

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2012, 09:02:02 PM »
My husband was in Bubba country all last week.  Hope Arkansas.   He even called me laughing as he crossed Bill Clinton Drive.

You would think being that deep in Dem territory he'd see at least one Obama sign or bumper sticker.

He saw none.

There are Romney/Ryan signs in my hood.  :-)

Probably because everyone works hard for their money.  No deadbeats here. :lmao:

Offline Jasonw560

• Is a Juke Box
  • PhD from Sarcastic State
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2012, 09:11:38 PM »
I live in a blue part of Texas. I see about 50/50.

Of course, most of the Obama stickers are on the hoopdies the welfare brats drive.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
-Aristotle

"Metaphors needn't be explained to educated people"-Ted
Nugent

"Life ain't fair. Get over it or wear a helmet" -diesel driver

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2012, 09:15:14 PM »
So lemme wrap my Rethuglican brain around this one--public sector employees bitch and moan cause they don't get paid enough, but one comes along who brags about being in an exclusive zip code/area?

Hoooookay....
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2012, 11:11:40 PM »
Sat Oct 6, 2012, 07:47 PM
proud2BlibKansan (93,582 posts)

I realize yard signs don't win elections.
But I noticed something interesting today. I live in the wealthiest county in a very red state. Today I drove through the wealthiest neighborhood in this wealthy county and was stunned by the number of Obama signs. Also signs for local Democrats running for office. Normally there are mainly Republican signs and very few Democratic signs in this particular neighborhood. But not this year. The Romney and Obama signs were about 50/50. But the local races were represented by a vast majority of Democratic signs. I'd say that was closer to 90/10.

In a Republican dominated county in a red state, this is huge.

But like I said, I realize yard signs don't win elections.

The hateful, squinty-eyed bitch Anne Pritchett is hardly wealthy, and I doubt she lives anywhere near any wealthy people.

This is a Pam-like ploy.

There's a difference between being vastly overpaid and being wealthy.     

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2012, 11:22:40 PM »
So these evil rich bastards are democrats?  Not something I want to advertise if I'm trying to spread class envy.

:-)

Offline Zeus

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2012, 02:16:04 AM »
In Texas for the 2008 Presidential election only 28 of 254( 11% ) counties and 11 of the States 32 congressional districts went for Obama but because some of those counties Include the Cities of Dallas, Houston, Austin and San Antonio Obama received 28% of the Vote of a approximately 50 % statewide voter turnout.

This in a state where Democrats are scared to post party affiliation on advertisements on local & statewide elections. Ironically lack of party affiliation is a dead give away as a Democrat
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2012, 04:57:56 AM »
I saw two O/B stickers on cars yesterday, bringing The Heiress home from her cousin's birthday party, on I-87.  One car was driven by a black man, and his family was with him.  The second was driven by a young twentysomething woman who probably doesn't have a job yet.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2012, 05:21:12 AM »
We were out garage saleing yesterday and saw absolutely no O/B signs and probably 50 R/R signs.
I do know where one O/B sign is at but it's the only one I've seen here in the important swing state of Florida.  :-)