Author Topic: Trump Reigniting Feud With Cruz Attempting to Block Him From Convention  (Read 649 times)

Offline libertybele

Trump is despicable.  He is an arrogant bastard in every sense.  This is why I remain #NeverTrump

Donald Trump reignites feud with Ted Cruz, attempting to block him from convention

One of the biggest political sub-plots coming out of the early part of 2016 was the feud between Donald Trump and Texas Sen. Ted Cruz. While it appeared that the Trump-Cruz fiasco was in the rear view mirror, the battle doesn't appear to be over just yet.
Trump vs Cruz: Round 2

The feud between the two candidates reached a fever pitch when the National Enquirer released a story claiming that Cruz had been having an affair with at least five women other than his wife. Trump pounded on the story, using it as leverage against the senator from the Lone Star State. After Trump picked up enough delegates to secure the nomination last month, Cruz, along with Ohio Gov. John Kasich, dropped out of the race, but refused to offer his endorsement on his way out. With the Republican convention just a month away, Trump is doing whatever he can to prevent Cruz and Kasich from appearing, as reported by The Hill on June 26.

http://us.blastingnews.com/news/2016/06/donald-trump-reignites-feud-with-ted-cruz-attempting-to-block-him-from-convention-00986331.html
I believe in the United States of America as a government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed, a democracy in a republic, a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect union, one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes. I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to support its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect its flag, and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline thundley4

Once again, Mr. Ego acts out and gets off message.  He is handing the presidency to Hillary. :hammer:

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
Trump uniting the party ?  :rotf: :rotf:
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline libertybele

Turns out that neither Cruz or Kasich were planning to speak anyways.  Looks like Donny is going to have a hard time finding someone to speak at the Convention ... there's always Caribou Barbie or the Jelly Doughnut boy.   :rotf:

No Speaking Slots? Ted Cruz and John Kasich Brush Off Trump’s Threat

Ted Cruz and John Kasich have a message for Donald J. Trump: They don’t care if they are not invited to speak at his convention...

...That is fine, both said on Monday. A spokeswoman for Mr. Cruz, Catherine Frazier, said the Texas senator did not have any expectation about receiving a speaking slot. A spokesman for Mr. Kasich, the governor of Ohio, was similarly indifferent.

“We have not sought nor are we expecting a speaking slot at the convention,” said the spokesman, Chris Schrimpf.

In Mr. Kasich’s case, the situation is even more strained because the convention will take place in his home state. Ordinarily, a governor whose party is hosting a convention in his backyard would play a big role. Not this year.

Mr. Kasich’s spokesman said the governor plans to be “in and around” Cleveland that week. But he has no plans to be involved in anything that has to do with Mr. Trump...

...Add to the prominent potential absences a difficulty in meeting fund-raising goals and snubs by several major corporate sponsors like Apple and Coca-Cola. Mr. Trump is running out of time to achieve his goal of a show that goes off without a hitch. It begins in three weeks.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/28/us/politics/no-speaking-slots-ted-cruz-and-john-kasich-brush-off-trumps-threat.html?_r=0
I believe in the United States of America as a government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed, a democracy in a republic, a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect union, one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes. I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to support its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect its flag, and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Getting really irritating.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline SighLass

• Just Off Probation
Good grief, Cruz just needs to get as far away as possible from this trainwreck called Trump. What an embarrassment.