Author Topic: Trade deficit narrows in June  (Read 2465 times)

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
Trade deficit narrows in June
« on: August 12, 2008, 02:25:37 PM »
at this rate, the MSM is going to run out of disasters to scare the hell out of us with.

Trade deficit narrows in June
Gap contracts to $56.8 billion, surprising economists who expected an increase.

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- The U.S. trade deficit contracted in June, according to a government report released Tuesday, surprising economists who expected an increase.

The Commerce Department reported that imports exceeded exports by $56.8 billion, down from a revised $59.2 billion in May.

Economists had expected the gap to widen to $61.9 billion, according to a consensus estimate compiled by Briefing.com.

Exports in June were $164.4 billion, up $6.4 billion or 4.1% from $158 billion in May.

Fay Johnson, a statistician with the U.S. Census Bureau, said this month's exports are the highest in the nation's history, topping the last record set in May.

More

Offline Jim

Re: Trade deficit narrows in June
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 08:30:20 PM »
I guess they'll have to trot out some parasites in Houston too poor to get back to NOLA
My fellow Americans, there is nothing audacious about hope. Hope is what makes people buy lottery tickets instead of paying the bills. Hope is for the old gals feeding the slots in Atlantic City. It destroys the inner-city kid who quits school because he hopes he'll be a world-famous recording artist.

What's the difference between Sarah Palin and Barack Obama?

One is a well turned-out, good-looking, and let's be honest, pretty sexy piece of eye-candy.

The other kills her own food.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 09:01:27 PM »
I guess they'll have to trot out some parasites in Houston too poor to get back to NOLA

it's still hurricane season, so the MSM still has hope for human misery in the relatively near
future.  and The BarackStar! needs another issue to run against george bush on, even though
george bush isn't on the ballot this year.

Offline Jim

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008, 07:23:38 AM »

it's still hurricane season, so the MSM still has hope for human misery in the relatively near
future.  and The BarackStar! needs another issue to run against george bush on, even though

the DNC really misses Bush.
My fellow Americans, there is nothing audacious about hope. Hope is what makes people buy lottery tickets instead of paying the bills. Hope is for the old gals feeding the slots in Atlantic City. It destroys the inner-city kid who quits school because he hopes he'll be a world-famous recording artist.

One is a well turned-out, good-looking, and let's be honest, pretty sexy piece of eye-candy.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2008, 08:25:33 AM »

someone needs to tell The BarackStar! that running against bush probably isn't an automatic winner;  at some
point, he has to be in favor of something concrete.  something less vapid than "change", "healing", "unity", and
"yes, we can". :whatever:    yes, we can WHAT, exactly?

Offline Jim

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2008, 08:31:19 AM »

someone needs to tell The BarackStar! that running against bush probably isn't an automatic winner;  at some
point, he has to be in favor of something concrete.  something less vapid than "change", "healing", "unity", and

yes we can tax you harder and provide less benefit
yes we can become an impotent force in the international community
yes we can allow terrorism to run wild again ala Bubba Clinton

yes we can run a perfectly good superpower into the ground

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2008, 08:38:18 AM »

yes we can tax you harder and provide less benefit
yes we can become an impotent force in the international community
yes we can allow terrorism to run wild again ala Bubba Clinton

yes we can run a perfectly good superpower into the ground

yes, we have no freaking clue what the hell we are going to do with the staggering authority for which we are contending.  but pompous ignorance prevents us from thinking ahead any farther than our last fawning press clipping.