Author Topic: Sharia legitimises slavery  (Read 828 times)

Offline bijou

Sharia legitimises slavery
« on: July 05, 2008, 10:41:58 AM »
This week Lord Phillips, the Lord Chief Justice advocated that some disputes could be settled on the basis of 'the principles of sharia' rather than English law. Douglas Carswell MP has written a commendable critique of why Lord Phillips has overstepped his constitutional position in making these remarks. What must be of equally great concern is that the Lord Chief Justice appears to have totally misunderstood the very nature of sharia. Put simply, Islamic theology unequivocally states that law cannot be 'made' by people, it can only be 'discovered' by Islamic theologians interpreting the Islamic scriptures (Qur'an and Hadlth). Consequently, when sharia exists alongside any other form of law, the 'man-made' law must always be subservient to sharia.

An example of the superior status given to sharia is slavery - which within the last 50 years has been banned by constitutional law in virtually every country in the world...yet is still present in a number of Islamic countries BECAUSE sharia legitimises the enslavement of non Muslims. An illustration of this happened this very week when Belgium police freed 17 women allegedly held as slaves by members of an Arab royal family residing in Brussels.

...The truth is that political correctness and the fear of being accused of 'Islamophobia' have kept the Islamic aspect of the slave trade largely veiled from public attention. Yet the express permission granted in Islamic law for the enslavement of non Muslims was a significant factor not just in the eighteenth century transatlantic slave trade, but also continues to be in a number of modern Islamic contexts. The existence of twin system of law in many Islamic countries - one constitutional and the other, Islamic (sharia) often operated on a more informal level - allows those engaged in slavery to claim a degree of 'legitimacy' in terms of Islamic law.

http://conservativehome.blogs.com/centreright/2008/07/sharia-legitimi.html#more

I intend now to get a copy of 'White Gold' it sounds like an interesting read.  Funny how the topic of slavery is treated so one sidedly ...  :whatever:

Offline Uhhuh35

• Subtle Like A Nuclear Weapon
Re: Sharia legitimises slavery
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 05:35:31 PM »
"Londonistan" is a good read also. Sorry Bijou, but Britain isn't Great anymore. Hopefully the Soccer Hooligans will rise up and take their country back.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
— Albert Einstein.

Offline djones520

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 05:36:37 PM »
"Londonistan" is a good read also. Sorry Bijou, but Britain isn't Great anymore. Hopefully the Soccer Hooligans will rise up and take their country back.

Soccer hooligans are awesome.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2008, 09:01:40 PM »
With few exceptions, Great Britain has been neutered. I suppose that the Brits have long forgotten the Muslim raids on their country. Muslims raped, pillaged, plundered Great Britain and even took white slaves. Of course, all of that has probably been stricken from their history books.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2008, 09:24:46 PM »
With few exceptions, Great Britain has been neutered. I suppose that the Brits have long forgotten the Muslim raids on their country. Muslims raped, pillaged, plundered Great Britain and even took white slaves. Of course, all of that has probably been stricken from their history books.

Don't we have a coupla Brits on the board. I'd be interested to know how they feel about this mess!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!