Author Topic: SHORT PERSONAL OPINION ...  (Read 4761 times)

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
  • Married female & proud VRWC member :)
SHORT PERSONAL OPINION ...
« on: February 27, 2021, 07:49:42 PM »
Can't wait for Trump's speech to CPAC tomorrow (Sun. 2/28/21) ...

To hear him speak again re  "America First" and all that entails, versus the Biden admin's  "America Last"  plans for our country.

Not that poor old Joe, the radical left's clueless puppet, is in CHARGE of anything ...

The silly 0ld  fool can't  even get out his cheat notes in time to refer to them, and has to have Jill remind him to put on his mask!!!   :rotf:

« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 08:09:10 PM by ABC-2 »
Please pray for our country in these turbulent times ...
It really is the best in the world & I can't stand the thought of losing it.

Freedom, Truth, and the USA!!! 
~ American By Choice (aka ABC-2)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: SHORT PERSONAL OPINION ...
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2021, 09:07:22 PM »
I have no doubt there'll be more people watching this speech, than the number of people who watched Xiden's inaugural speech.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2021, 09:36:10 PM »
I have no doubt there'll be more people watching this speech, than the number of people who watched Xiden's inaugural speech.

Or legally voted for him...
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2021, 06:35:11 AM »
Or legally voted for him...

Boy howdy!

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2021, 10:04:33 AM »
As much as I'm perturbed about the election shenanigans which have already been discussed ad nauseum, I hope the President doesn't dwell on that.  There are far more important things to discuss, especially his incredible accomplishments while in office.

One line I wish he would adopt when Sleepy Joe touts how great the vaccine is now: Joe, you didn't build that!
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2021, 10:24:03 AM »
As much as I'm perturbed about the election shenanigans which have already been discussed ad nauseum, I hope the President doesn't dwell on that.  There are far more important things to discuss, especially his incredible accomplishments while in office.

One line I wish he would adopt when Sleepy Joe touts how great the vaccine is now: Joe, you didn't build that!

:nelson:

I'd add that his focus shouldn't necessarily be on his accomplishments (though he undoubtedly will do that because he's, well, Trump), but on his ROLE in the next four years.

He's going to be (and already is) the focal point of the radical left who simply CANNOT get Trump out of their pointy little heads. He's going to bait them, troll them, and otherwise continue to antagonize them while fleshing out the GOP (new style) and ridding the GOP of the RINOs that unfortunately still infect the party (old style). He's going to rejuvenate the very vibrant base, which is the construction worker, auto worker, retail cashier, stocker, and stevedore. THEY are the Republican party as it currently is, and will become stronger.

For the record, I am NOT a Republican. Have not joined the party because in the end, I believe that both parties serve each other and themselves. Neither would survive without the other, IMHO. So I'd prefer to stand at the sidelines and go where I believe my vote will do most good and that obviously is going to be Republican because they (for the most part) adhere to conservative principles.

But because of the Republican stance of spend, spend, spend (curiously just like the Dems), I cannot and will not sign on to the party as a member. Until the Repubs get their shit together and stop spending money like drunken sailors, they can perform an anatomically impossible act on one another.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2021, 10:30:04 AM »
I think he'll talk about interesting personal-level stuff going-on at the moment... then launch-into a bulldozer-like assessment of the current Administration's foibles.  We'll get actual news-tidbits too, I think.  -Probably global as well as domestic.

He's well-aware of how desperately the MSM wants to grab-onto 'something' from the speech...   

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
  • Married female & proud VRWC member :)
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2021, 11:09:38 AM »
Info, just in case needed according to Fox News ...

Trump's speech at CPAC is approx. 3:40 pm ET
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 11:12:48 AM by ABC-2 »
Please pray for our country in these turbulent times ...
It really is the best in the world & I can't stand the thought of losing it.

Freedom, Truth, and the USA!!! 
~ American By Choice (aka ABC-2)

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2021, 11:40:00 AM »
Info, just in case needed according to Fox News ...

and this will prompt more demands from the left to demand that cable providers such as DirecTV, Dish and others drop FoxNews because they are carrying President Trump's lies and hate...
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline beefeater

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2021, 02:14:35 PM »
President Trump is scheduled to take the stage at 3:40 p.m. E.T. Sunday.

Where can I watch it?

The main cable news networks — Fox News, CNN, MSNBC — are all expected to air live coverage of Trump’s speech. It will also be live-streamed on CPAC’s website and on CSpan.

Prepare to watch DUmmies heads assploding!

CLEAN UP ON SKIN'S ISLAND!
My Old Man was a Chicago Republican until the day he died.

Then he became a democrat.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2021, 02:15:38 PM »
:nelson:

I'd add that his focus shouldn't necessarily be on his accomplishments (though he undoubtedly will do that because he's, well, Trump), but on his ROLE in the next four years.

He's going to be (and already is) the focal point of the radical left who simply CANNOT get Trump out of their pointy little heads. He's going to bait them, troll them, and otherwise continue to antagonize them while fleshing out the GOP (new style) and ridding the GOP of the RINOs that unfortunately still infect the party (old style). He's going to rejuvenate the very vibrant base, which is the construction worker, auto worker, retail cashier, stocker, and stevedore. THEY are the Republican party as it currently is, and will become stronger.

For the record, I am NOT a Republican. Have not joined the party because in the end, I believe that both parties serve each other and themselves. Neither would survive without the other, IMHO. So I'd prefer to stand at the sidelines and go where I believe my vote will do most good and that obviously is going to be Republican because they (for the most part) adhere to conservative principles.

But because of the Republican stance of spend, spend, spend (curiously just like the Dems), I cannot and will not sign on to the party as a member. Until the Repubs get their shit together and stop spending money like drunken sailors, they can perform an anatomically impossible act on one another.

Good points.  Could have typed much more on what he should cover but left that up to everyone else.  Guess we'll all know in the next few hours.

Additionally, while I'm a registered Republican consider myself a conservative libertarian.  There are a lot of things that the Republican party constantly does wrong because it the "establishment" way, it is far better than any alternative at the moment.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2021, 02:17:28 PM »
President Trump is scheduled to take the stage at 3:40 p.m. E.T. Sunday.

Where can I watch it?

The main cable news networks — Fox News, CNN, MSNBC — are all expected to air live coverage of Trump’s speech. It will also be live-streamed on CPAC’s website and on CSpan.

Prepare to watch DUmmies heads assploding!

CLEAN UP ON SKIN'S ISLAND!

Love it when we get to see examples in real-time of Trump Derangement (now Withdrawal) Syndrome.  The left NEEDS him to be their boogey-man.

Offline Walter Josh

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2021, 02:51:47 PM »
-----------------------------
Tkx for the advance warning.
Goober Trump will surely dazzle
his Posse w/smirk's and malarkey.

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2021, 02:55:20 PM »
-----------------------------
Tkx for the advance warning.
Goober Trump will surely dazzle
his Posse w/smirk's and malarkey.

Twatweasel says black blaa blaa...

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2021, 03:21:46 PM »
.....while I'm a registered Republican consider myself a conservative libertarian.  There are a lot of things that the Republican party constantly does wrong because it the "establishment" way, it is far better than any alternative at the moment.

I've always been "establishment" Republican; in fact, back when I was young, I was so "establishment" that in the Nebraska primary, I voted for George Bush rather than Ronald Reagan in 1980, as I assumed only a "moderate" Republican could defeat Jimmy Carter.

Much to my surprise--and gratification--Reagan proved me wrong.

And at the beginning of the 2016 campaign, Trump was dead last on my list of preferred candidates.....as I assumed he was too "far out" to beat any Democrat nominee, no matter how extremist.

Much to my surprise--and gratification--Trump proved me wrong.

But still, I will always support a liberal Republican over a "conservative" Democrat, because any (R), left, middle, or right, helps build and maintain a majority, and as the Republican party is mostly conservative, on most issues that gives conservatives a majority.

As much as I loathe the politics of Susan Collins or Lisa Murkowski, as long as they remain in the (R) column, well, I'm okay with them. 

However, the "establishment" Republicans need to re-think their assessment of Donald Trump.  It's obvious the Republican party is trending towards the populism that Trump personifies, and it'd be a good idea for them to embrace that too.  Otherwise, they're going to be left out in the cold, as the Democrats will never accept, and like, them anyway.  So where can they go?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Walter Josh

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2021, 04:16:12 PM »
Twatweasel says black blaa blaa...
---------------------------
No problemo, as some are understandably addicted to malarkey
and smirks; as it helps them out when their dates are ornery.

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2021, 04:18:20 PM »
---------------------------
No problemo, as some are understandably addicted to malarkey
and smirks; as it helps them out when their dates are ornery.

Not that you'd know what a date was...

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2021, 06:41:05 PM »
Not that you'd know what a date was...

His hand or a blow-up doll constitutes a date.

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2021, 06:48:12 PM »
It was a more-than-satisfying speech.  At times, riveting.  He said what needed to be said about the Party, much of it summed-up in his explanation of what 'Trumpism' means to him.  There will be no third Party.

It was easy to see he had to discuss the 'rigged' Election, in order to lay-out his blueprints for Republicans in Congress to restore integrity to the system...  " First off, the Election should be held on ONE DAY. "  That set the tone for other handful of suggestions he brought-up... Somewhere in there, he torched the Supreme Court to well-received applause.

He torched Biden through-out, to huge applause.  I don't see how Biden & Co. are going to handle the coming tsunami of 'whatabout what Trump said'...  It'll be wall-to-wall damage-control.

But yeah, Trump effortlessly shook the sand out and delivered a monumental speech. 

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2021, 07:25:20 PM »
It was a more-than-satisfying speech.  At times, riveting.  He said what needed to be said about the Party, much of it summed-up in his explanation of what 'Trumpism' means to him.  There will be no third Party.

It was easy to see he had to discuss the 'rigged' Election, in order to lay-out his blueprints for Republicans in Congress to restore integrity to the system...  " First off, the Election should be held on ONE DAY. "  That set the tone for other handful of suggestions he brought-up... Somewhere in there, he torched the Supreme Court to well-received applause.

He torched Biden through-out, to huge applause.  I don't see how Biden & Co. are going to handle the coming tsunami of 'whatabout what Trump said'...  It'll be wall-to-wall damage-control.

But yeah, Trump effortlessly shook the sand out and delivered a monumental speech.

Not unexpectedly, Trump trumpeted his administration's accomplishments and I give him kudos for - mostly - saying "we" rather than "I." Good stuff to note, especially for those who haven't been paying attention -- are you hearing that, you Georgians who failed to vote in the runoff in January?

He threw the usual miscreants under the bus, but I was mostly surprised to hear that he didn't throw McConnell under the bus. He mostly shrugged off The Turtle's comments following the Senate's acquittal in which The Turtle blasted Trump holding him liable for the crap that happened on 6 Jan.

Made me wonder if Trump has a use for The Turtle. Mitch will be doing the duffle bag drag outta the Senate in 2026, so it could well be he will be useful for something besides an ashtray.

Big hints dropped as to Trump in 2024, but no firm statement, of course. Would have been entirely premature though the attendees would have blown the roof off the place in glee had he announced. In the meantime, Trump will support strong candidates and will do his best to torpedo the squishes - Romney, Murkowski, Collins, Sasse, Cheney, and the rest of the RINOs.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2021, 07:35:40 PM »
.....I was mostly surprised to hear that he didn't throw McConnell under the bus. He mostly shrugged off The Turtle's comments following the Senate's acquittal in which The Turtle blasted Trump holding him liable for the crap that happened on 6 Jan.

Made me wonder if Trump has a use for The Turtle. Mitch will be doing the duffle bag drag outta the Senate in 2026, so it could well be he will be useful for something besides an ashtray.

I'm sure he does.  This is why, even though I might dislike certain people (including of course the Senate minority leader), if President Trump himself indicates a willingness to get along with the other person, yeah, sure, I'll go along.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Walter Josh

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2021, 08:23:39 PM »
He torched Biden through-out, to huge applause.  I don't see how Biden & Co. are going to handle the coming tsunami of 'what about what Trump said'...  It'll be wall-to-wall damage-control.
--------------------
Let the alleluia's & hosanna's reign down as the Messiah has spoken!!!!!
"more than satisfyingly..............riveting..........monumental............."
OMYGOD, obviously it was the second coming of Marcus Cicero in the
Roman Senate; we are so blessed, recalling the wisdom of the latter:
* While a nation can survive its Fools, it cannot survive those w/o Honor.
* Politicians are not born, rather they are excreted.
* Within the character of the citizenry lies the welfare and fate of the nation.
* The wise learn from reason, the mediocre from experience, the ignorant
   from necessity and the brutish from instinct.
Sure was enthralling hear such wisdom again!

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2021, 08:35:34 PM »
And again, such words of shit from a ****.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2021, 08:39:31 PM »
It's good to see Wally come back to get his daily spanking.

It's also good to note that Wally is a masochist.

Offline Walter Josh

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2021, 09:27:52 PM »
It's good to see Wally come back to get his daily spanking.
It's also good to note that Wally is a masochist.
------------------------
Eupher,
understand why the only retort of so many is coarse and vulgar abuse;
because it's all they know, but you are a cut well above that.
So why do you feel the need to imitate such assholery???