Author Topic: Racist Label Lingers for Elite College Employees Despite Being Cleared  (Read 365 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Racist Label Lingers for Elite College Employees Despite Being Cleared
https://www.newsmax.com/us/smithcollege-student-racism-elite/2021/02/25/id/1011570/

A former college cafeteria worker cleared of committing racial discrimination continued to suffer from the accusation, it was reported Wednesday.

Jackie Blair, who worked at elite Smith College in Massachusetts, was among several people accused of discriminating against a black female student in 2018.

An independent investigation cleared everyone involved. Blair, however, continued to feel the effects of the case.

She began receiving notes at home accusing her of being racist following George Floyd's death in Minneapolis last May, and as someone who suffers from lupus, she was hospitalized last year after stress exacerbated the condition.

Blair was furloughed by Smith College due to the pandemic, and has had trouble finding a job. One interview at a restaurant resulted in the manager recognizing her from the Smith College incident

Oumou Kanoute claimed she was a victim of racism. Smith College said no. Too late for the people who got accused of racism.

Reporters began emailing Blair asking for comment about why she called security on Kanoute for "eating while black."

Kanoute posted Blair's photograph, name, and contact information on Facebook, with the caption "This is the racist person."

"Oh my God, I didn't do this," Blair told a friend, according to the Times. "I exchanged a hello with that student and now I'm a racist."

Although he was not working at the time of the incident, Patenaude also was included in the post and labeled a racist.

The college released a statement informing students Blair did not call security, and McCartney briefly apologized to the cafeteria worker, although the apology was not made public, per the Daily Caller.

Months later, a report conducted by a law firm that specializes in discrimination investigations cleared all of the employees involved in the incident, and found no evidence of discrimination.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Re: Racist Label Lingers for Elite College Employees Despite Being Cleared
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2021, 11:07:58 AM »
'Lifelong liberal' resigns from woke women's college for its 'racially hostile environment' where whites allegedly are attacked
https://www.theblaze.com/news/liberal-resigns-woke-college-racially-hostile-environment

Readers of TheBlaze might recall a racially charged dust-up a couple of years back at Smith College — a prestigious all-women's school in Massachusetts — in which a black student accused an employee of racism. But even though an investigator the college hired found that the charges were unfounded, Smith still reacted with wringing hands.

The school's president, for starters, called the student to apologize and then placed the employee on administrative leave, the New York Post reported, citing the New York Times. The Post in a separate piece said staff members soon were "forced to take 'anti­racist' training, and some employees [were] tarred as bigots."

Later the school began requiring campus police to gather information about callers who report suspicious persons and tell their superiors if they believe such calls involve racial bias.

But that was just for starters.

Jodi Shaw, a leftists, resigns as president of Smith College. It is fallout from Oumou Kanoute.

In the clip, she asked Smith to "stop reducing my personhood to a racial category" and to stop asking her to project stereotypes and assumptions on to others based upon their skin color. Other requests:

"Stop demanding that I admit to 'white privilege' and work on my so-called 'implicit bias' as a condition of my continued employment."
"Stop telling me that as a white person I'm especially responsible for doing the work of dismantling racism."
"Stop emboldening students to act abusively toward staff by refusing to hold them accountable for their own egregious behavior."
"Lastly, we have the right to work in an environment free from the ever-present terror that any unverified student allegation of racism — or any other 'ism' — has the power to crush our reputations, ruin our livelihood, and even endanger the physical safety of ourselves or our family members."
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
In the military, being investigated for sexual harassment / assault is a career killer. It leads to demotions, loss of security clearance, indefinite loss of favorable actions, etc.

I've got a client where the investigation came back unsubstantiated. They still took his rank. Another one has an exculpatory witness but he's due to ETS in less than 5 months and we can't get them to schedule any proceedings. Another was disciplined years ago for fraternization, but they're treating it as sexual assault years later because alcohol was involved. It goes on and on and on...
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Ex-civil rights leader blasts Smith College for 'perverting' MLK legacy after meritless racism charge
https://www.foxnews.com/us/smith-college-racism-investigation-bob-woodson

Former civil rights leader Bob Woodson slammed Smith College on "The Story"  Tuesday after White service workers were forced to undergo anti-racism training despite an investigation into a bias claim turning up no evidence.

In 2018, student Oumou Kanoute, who is Black, was approached by a janitor and a police officer while eating in a closed dorm lounge and asked what she was doing there.

At the time, the local ACLU characterized the encounter as Kanoute being questioned for the crime of "eating while Black." Kanoute accused the pair of campus employees of racially profiling her and posted pictures on social media accusing them of being racist. The janitor she named wasn't working that day.

Smith College, however, still forced the pair to undergo anti-bias training and apologize to Kanoute. Further investigation found them to be wrongly accused.

No racism was found, yet people were accused of being racist.

Woodson called on McCartney and those involved to apologize to the officer and janitor involved, as well as compensate them for their experience.

"We're against the perversion of the civil rights legacy, [it's] being perverted here. So we're pushing back..."

"There's a whole atmosphere of fear and intimidation," he added. "That shouldn't exist today in our society. It's tearing the fabric of this community apart."
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
So many layers to this onion.  Watering down of terms like racism, sexism, harassment, general distrust of various justice systems, be they legal or part of a school/military/business, people not bothering to look past headlines or follow up to see final decisions, the anonymity of the internet encouraging people to troll others in ways they would never do in person, fears of under and overreacting.  None of it helps anyone.  Innocent people get accused and can't shake the reputation, guilty people get off scott free and often continue the same behavior or get worse, and the general populace gets paranoid or apathetic or lashes out blindly.   :banghead:

Patiently awaiting that last trumpet blast, myself. 
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.