Author Topic: Starting Jan. 20 2021 At noon ...  (Read 1139 times)

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
  • Married female & proud VRWC member :)
Starting Jan. 20 2021 At noon ...
« on: January 19, 2021, 08:35:55 PM »

Hoping this is the correct place to put this.

Heaven knows what will be in store for us in the next 4 years under the Biden administration.  Have  never admitted  this up to now ...

But, am glad to no longer be young, (YIKES!)   :hyper: :-) 

Am  worried about the future of all our children & grandchildren if the fool accomplishes even half that he intends to do.

Caught this the other day on TV, (video is only 3 mins long) of John Rich singing the following:  Hope you like it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvMQ_xStg9M
« Last Edit: January 19, 2021, 08:49:14 PM by ABC-2 »
Please pray for our country in these turbulent times ...
It really is the best in the world & I can't stand the thought of losing it.

Freedom, Truth, and the USA!!! 
~ American By Choice (aka ABC-2)

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
Re: Starting Jan. 20 2021 At noon ...
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2021, 12:47:58 AM »
The only thing I sure about is the Biden administration will turn into the Harris administration sometime in the next 4 years. And when that happens God help us all
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline old dog 2

• pork eating infidel
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2021, 01:31:14 AM »

Am  worried about the future of all our children & grandchildren if the fool accomplishes even half that he intends to do.

I am taking an optimistic point of view:  What he has SAID he's going to to and what he INTENDS and what ACTUALLY is done are all going to turn out differently.

Executive orders: He is going to run into 300 new federal judges and 3 high court appointments appointed for life by Trump.  When the Democrats wanted to stop Trump they'd just run to some lunatic federal judge in Hawaii and then it would take years to work its way through the system and get overturned.  Republicans can go to a sane constitutional judge and get a favorable  initial ruling.  There will be appeals but it should get upheld in the end.

Legislation: Now we are talking about Chuck & Nancy.  They threw out a lot of red meat during the campaign to keep the extremists on the reservation.  They are corrupt but are not communists.  They just want to keep the milk flowing from the Washington Cash Cow.  I would bet that Chuck is NOT going to end the filibuster.  Nancy can let the House pass all the crazy $#!+ they want ... it will not go anywhere.  A filibuster will prevent Chuck from having an actual role call vote on the truly crazy stuff.  MANY democrat senators do not want these votes on their record come re-election time.  Chuck also knows, in his heart, that control of the Congress and Presidency are not forever.  Without the filibuster he will be at the mercy of the GOP. 

Bottom line, the Biden/Harris will still do a lot of damage that will be repairable in 2024 ... taxes, budgets, foreign policy.

I am NOT certain about any of this analysis but I think it is a logical possibility.

PS I still wish I was young.  Don't despair my dear.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 01:35:07 AM by old dog 2 »
Truly, whoever can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.  - Voltaire

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2021, 05:48:32 AM »
Damn, I wish I was young and healthy, and thus able to enjoy the new circus coming to town this noon.  It's going to be a great lot of fun watching the primitives, Democrats, and handlers conflict with each other.

Despite this now being a one-party government, I think we stand in greater "peril" of deadlock than if we had a two-party government.

Too bad for them.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2021, 10:16:22 AM »
Some food for thought:

If President Trump had won and was holding the inauguration right now, the media and the left would be calling this his latest super-spreader event.

But considering Biden 46* will be assuming office, there will be no such mention of COVID and the tired lingo.

Without double standards, liberals would have no standards at all.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2021, 10:29:34 AM »
Short-term prediction:  the media will become confused about what they've forgiven themselves ahead-of-time for.

That seems to be what the BBC has already struggling with doing this-morning.  Unable to find any clip of Obama that doesn't involve telling the UK and Europe what to do.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2021, 10:36:04 AM »
End the Occupation
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2021, 10:42:04 AM »
Approx 20 minutes to go on this joyless stomach-wrenching day ...

Getting barf bags at the ready for the swearing in.   

Hoping the Bible is fire-proofed & doesn't burst into flames when he touches it!!! >evil-grin<
« Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 10:47:40 AM by ABC-2 »

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2021, 10:51:43 AM »
Sorry ...

Can't type & barf at the same time. 

He already is no 46!!!   :argh:

Offline old dog 2

• pork eating infidel
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2021, 12:03:54 PM »
Damn, I wish I was young and healthy, and thus able to enjoy the new circus coming to town this noon.  It's going to be a great lot of fun watching the primitives, Democrats, and handlers conflict with each other.

Despite this now being a one-party government, I think we stand in greater "peril" of deadlock than if we had a two-party government.

Too bad for them.
:exactly:
The media is making a big deal out of the fracturing of the GOP.  In reality, it's a handful of Trump hating swamp creatures and cowards, you could fit them all in a clown car.  The real internal civil war is in the Democrat party.  They have unleashed the primitives and given them free reign for their political advantage.   How are they going to put them back in the box?  They've militarized and shut down Washington, blaming us MAGA folks for political cover.  They've also shut out the primitives who will be demanding their extreme fascist/communist agenda. 

They can't pack the courts or admit new states without the filibuster in place.  Chuck may not have the votes to do it even if he wanted to.  I believe that they must pass the new senate rules as one of their first actions.  We'll see what happens soon.

Truly, whoever can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.  - Voltaire

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2021, 12:53:51 PM »
Simply disgusted by the entire pile of shit called "inauguration."  :puke:

Joe Asterisk and Kamal-toe go to church - as if that's news. But wait, there's more! And on and on. Some "journalist" made some sort of ridiculous comparison about Joe Asterisk's arms being spread wide as if it were a sign from God.  :loser:

The fawning by the media is beyond the pale.  :whatever:
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2021, 01:43:48 PM »
Sorry ...

Can't type & barf at the same time. 

He already is no 46!!!   :argh:

Just do what I did. Turn off the inauguration and watch something else. I switched over to the Smithsonian channel and watched Mayday: Air Disasters. I figured if I want to watch a disaster unfold I might as well watch one I have an interest in.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2021, 02:15:35 PM »
Just do what I did. Turn off the inauguration and watch something else. I switched over to the Smithsonian channel and watched Mayday: Air Disasters. I figured if I want to watch a disaster unfold I might as well watch one I have an interest in.
off topic but since you have time to kill on your chi-vi vacation, check your the Flight Channel on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXh6VKhioaeEaMQasii7IfQ

Back when I used to fly I read a monthly publication called the NTSB Reporter that would give the details of various air crashes that were investigated by the NTSB and detailed description of what was found to be the probable cause of the accident.

This channel basically does the same but with stunning computer generated animation.  They don't dwell on the blood and guts involved in a crash but more on the details of what happened, what was the probable cause and what were the corrective actions afterwards (if any) to prevent future disasters.  Each video is 12 to 15 minutes.  I can get hooked and watch hours of it without any boredom at all.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2021, 08:54:25 PM »
off topic but since you have time to kill on your chi-vi vacation, check your the Flight Channel on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXh6VKhioaeEaMQasii7IfQ

Back when I used to fly I read a monthly publication called the NTSB Reporter that would give the details of various air crashes that were investigated by the NTSB and detailed description of what was found to be the probable cause of the accident.

This channel basically does the same but with stunning computer generated animation.  They don't dwell on the blood and guts involved in a crash but more on the details of what happened, what was the probable cause and what were the corrective actions afterwards (if any) to prevent future disasters.  Each video is 12 to 15 minutes.  I can get hooked and watch hours of it without any boredom at all.

Thanks, I'll give it a look. Also chi-vi sounds like a drink you'd get at Starbucks.

Offline ExGeeEye

• We don't need another
  • Spread the work ethic; the wealth will follow.
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2021, 03:57:54 AM »
"Chi-vi" is cute and may be effective.

I've been calling it "Chinese Death Boogers" for a while now, and those who have not yet come around to my way of thinking at least have no doubt at all about my attitude.
My CCW permit was issued in 1791.

Charter Member: Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy
Associate Member: Basket of Deplorables
Charter Member: Listless Vessels

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2021, 06:36:12 PM »
off topic but since you have time to kill on your chi-vi vacation,

I'll go with "chi-vi" in reference to this bloody virus ...   :clap: :clap:

As for sounding like an adult beverage, (not a Starbucks one!)  as long as it is similar in taste to a delicious Carribean Island/Bermuda/Bahama  *special* drink while on vacation ...  :drool: :drool:

I'd go for it!  Where I can drink & dance at the same time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mP07Oyr7enQ
« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 07:17:24 PM by ABC-2 »