Author Topic: 12 Days of Holiday, no really  (Read 728 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
12 Days of Holiday, no really
« on: December 07, 2008, 08:15:00 PM »
Twelve Days of Holiday
Yet another reason not to shop at Amazon.

12 days of "Holiday" what the hell is that?

Is it 12 days of Martin Luther King Jr Day?

Or 12 days of Valentine's Day?

Maybe it is 12 days of Independence Day...
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Baruch Menachem

• In a handbasket, heading to a warm destination
  • do the best you can with what you can
Re: 12 Days of Holiday, no really
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 08:51:45 PM »
I volunteered at the zoo last night.  We have an annual zoo lights festival, and I was there as a elf to help keep the line informed and formed.

Anyway, we were told that we were not allowed to wish anyone "merry Christmas" as that would expose the zoo to all kinds of litigation and expense.  Happy Holidays only. 

There were all kinds of present, decorated trees, frosty the snowmen, all christmas season stuff.  But to mention the holiday or to have anything to do with the holiday was an absolute no no.

I am not religious myself.  I will go so far as to call the thing a total crock.  But the avoidance of mentioning the holiday we were all celebrating struck me as the 99th degree of stupid.   But there are lawyers and judges out there who make stupid necessary.  So we have to deal.
An optimist sees the glass as half full, a pessimist sees the glass as half empty, an engineer sees that there is twice the glass required to contain the beer

My name is Obamandias, King of Kings, 
  Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!