Author Topic: Stinky takes a poll (but not up the @$$, this time)  (Read 2321 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Re: Stinky takes a poll (but not up the @$$, this time)
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2021, 09:29:18 AM »
Found the DUmp thread, but not our responses at the Cave yet.  Still efforting that.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10023509971

OOooops.  I thought you found the Wall Dude thread.  That one is the Doug Bulna thread.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2021, 09:36:41 AM »

OOooops.  I thought you found the Wall Dude thread.  That one is the Doug Bulna thread.

KC

Got it now!!!

https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=104&topic_id=4087162

walldude Donating Member (1000+ posts) Send PM | Profile | Ignore   Tue Jul-12-05 10:53 PM
Original message
Need some ideas here friends, I have the attention of alot of Freepers
I built a video wall (hey, I am the walldude koo koo koo choo) this week for a trade show in Denver. Turns out the show is The Christian Retailers Association. Every goddam freeper this side of the Mississippi is here. Luckily the booth I'm working in is selling videos of the old BBC versions of The Chronicles of Narnia so it's not too bad. However a lot of the booths, and there are hundreds of them, are full of freeper propaganda. I got a chance to walk around today and saw and heard so much about our wonderful President and his Christian values that I almost puked up my lunch. It really pissed me off, so I went back to my booth and did a little editing. I added a single frame graphic to the video I'm showing that says Impeach Bush! A single frame is 1/30th of a second so it's totally subliminal. There are two days left on the show and I want to do something bigger and better for the last day. Now I can't do it in my booth because, well, I'd like to get paid, but I can get on the show floor before everyone else. I was thinking of printing up fliers or something and leaving them in all the booths. But I'm not sure what to put on them. I want it to be effective but simple. Here's some of the things I saw today to show you what I am up against:

Books:
George W. Bush: The Greatest President Ever
George W. Bush: The Life Of A True Christian
The Secrets of Gays And Why They Shouldn't Be Secret
Accept Christ Or Pay The Price
The Evolution Lie
Noah And The Dinosaurs

T-Shirts:
Friends Don't Let Friends Go To Hell(??Then who am I gonna hang out with?)
Legalize... Prayer(I didn't know it was illegal)
Many, Many, Bush T-Shirts

Odds and Sods:
Scripture Candy
Bible Action Figures
Rapture Kits(I intend to ask tommorow what exactly is included in a Rapture kit.)

Now before you start flaming me for being anti-Christian imagine being a progressive, liberal, Jew, and spending a few days surrounded by this stuff, it'll make you nuts. There seem to be alot of nice people there but the level of ignorance is astounding.

So please, if you have an idea of a simple but effective message or photo or something I could put on a flier post it here, tommorow I will choose something, print up a few hundred of them and leave them in every single booth in the place.....

And the results:

https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=104x4107281

walldude Donating Member (1000+ posts) Send PM | Profile | Ignore   Thu Jul-14-05 11:43 PM
Original message
Lost a job over a DU post.. We are being watched friends....

Where to begin? I wanted to post this yesterday but I was told to keep my mouth shut until the show was over(read the post, you'll understand) if I wanted to get paid for the work I had already done. The night before last I made this post:
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=104&topic_id=4087162

As you can see I had some great suggestions and was prepared to combine some of them into the flier yesterday to spread around today. I never got the chance. At 12:30 in the afternoon yesterday the head of the company I was working for came to the booth and told me the client hadn't paid the bill and I had to leave, they were shutting the booth down. This has happened before on rare occasions so I didn't think it was too strange. About 4:00 that afternoon I get a phone call. They called to ask me how to run the videowall. Well, at that point the guy just starts rambling about how they had to send someone else in, because "security" had called saying a guy working at the show posted a message on an Internet board under the name of Walldude and was "threatening to blow the place up". (I obviously let a little too much information out in the original post, they had no trouble figuring out who I was. I had actually tried to edit the post later to remove the city and booth info but the edit time had expired) Now, he's telling me this as he has a copy of the post right in front of him. I was so shocked all I could do was argue semantics with him for a few minutes. Then I told him what to do to run the wall so the show could continue and hung up. I was stunned. They had turned what I wrote into a "security risk" and had me removed from the show.
Now I only lost a day and a half's work over this, but I doubt the company will ever use me again. I have alot of friends working there and work is pretty thin in the summer, so that kinda sucks. But what's really bothering me, is the fact that someone actually saw the post and alerted someone about it. All anyone will tell me is "security called" and they have no idea how security found out. As more and more of the shock wore off, and my brain started functioning again, I started to get so pissed off that I couldn't see straight. I tried Googling different keywords and combinations of words from the post to see if it showed up but it didn't. I tried other search engines to make sure, but it looks like they weren't specifically hunting for posts related to the trade show. That means someone was here, saw the post, put the old GOP spin on it and got me fired from the gig.
Now the really ****ed up part of this if you think about it is, they all had copies of the post. Security, the decorating company, the company that hired me. It was obvious I didn't threaten to blow the place up, I even talked about how nice alot of the people were. Yet, even with the facts right in front of their faces, they still insisted on repeating the mantra. How easily the weak minded are swayed. I started thinking that if people are this easily manipulated I really should of bought one of those Rapture Kits while I had the chance.
I hope the story doesn't get passed around to other companies I work for, the spin has already got me making bomb threats, next they'll have me on the show floor with bombs strapped to my chest screaming Allah! Allah! That would probably end my career real quick.
Other than that I am unscathed. All this, plus a death in the family this week, coupled with the attempts to spin Rove into a hero has only steeled my resolve against the growing fascism in this country. I realized that most of the people are sheep, happy to go about their lives believing everything the government tells them. Like the Germans in WWII, they won't bother to see the truth until it's too late. The least I can attempt to do is make sure they can't claim ignorance....
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2021, 09:59:14 AM »
Got it now!!!

https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=104&topic_id=4087162

And the results:

https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=104x4107281

LOL!  Thank you!  That story, and the follow ups after he got 'back on his feet' then went back to poorer than a church mouse, were fun to read.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2021, 10:07:01 AM »
A vote was taken and the results were deemed wrong.

QOTD.  That is EXACTLY how the left operates!
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2021, 01:39:42 PM »
Found the DUmp thread, but not our responses at the Cave yet.  Still efforting that.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10023509971

I just read the whole thread... did thry happen to update after they were busted? That would be great!

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2021, 01:49:10 PM »
I just read the whole thread... did thry happen to update after they were busted? That would be great!

If I remember correctly, Walrus (you should see a pic of this dude), Doug Bulna, DainBramaged, was never heard from again.  He was sent to the cornfield (for the Twilight Zone fans here)

KC

*Stolen

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2021, 05:18:26 PM »

If I remember correctly, Walrus (you should see a pic of this dude), Doug Bulna, DainBramaged, was never heard from again.  He was sent to the cornfield (for the Twilight Zone fans here)

KC

He seemed so sure of himself in that post... when he was defending his actions and calling anyone who called him out a troll or Faux News supporter.
None of them even blinked when asked what if it was MSNBC that was being blocked: "Well, that is different, because.... Fox is lies..."

They really never do cease to amaze me.

He deleted his OP... I hope like hell he was fired.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2021, 05:42:42 PM »
A kid's video game could have been created: "Under What Freeway Does Doug Bulna Live"?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!

*Stolen

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2021, 09:22:35 PM »

LOL!  Thank you!  That story, and the follow ups after he got 'back on his feet' then went back to poorer than a church mouse, were fun to read.

KC

Never a problem, my friend.  Wasn't quite fully caffeinated when I first read your post and pulled up the Walrus ones instead.

Remarkably it was easy to find the Walldude stuff at Google search.  Simply entered "Democratic Underground Walldude", and the posts in question were the very first results.  Knew the Cave wasn't around quite yet, and with the sad demise of CU, those posts weren't available either.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2021, 10:25:33 PM »
Never a problem, my friend.  Wasn't quite fully caffeinated when I first read your post and pulled up the Walrus ones instead.

Remarkably it was easy to find the Walldude stuff at Google search.  Simply entered "Democratic Underground Walldude", and the posts in question were the very first results.  Knew the Cave wasn't around quite yet, and with the sad demise of CU, those posts weren't available either.

Both of them were appreciated. I hope some of our new friends enjoy them as much as we did.

KC

*Stolen

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2021, 08:00:35 AM »

CU is gone for good?
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline SVPete

« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2021, 09:05:34 AM »
CU is gone for good?

Also curious ... and especially hoping SLW and SR are both OK.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2021, 02:29:04 PM »
CU is gone for good?

Don't know anything other than what SR and SLW have said publicly.  And he said that it would return at some point.

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2021, 05:40:34 PM »

Yeah, I missed out on it too.

It happened Friday night, mostly in the "shout box," and hence isn't saved.

But when I came in on Saturday morning, the damage wrought was obvious.
This is a message I got from Frank when I asked what had happened. Seems to me someone told me there was a huge fight with some Paulians that included cat pix, and maybe pie.

I KNEW I had this saved somewhere. For anyone interested in how the refugees from CU started a new colony, here it is:
  asdf2231
VRWC Arts&Crafts Manager   Posts: 7,060

01-09-2008 , 07:12 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Ann
I'm curious. What happened 12/18/07?

The Great Paul War.

It was a cold foggy grey December afternoon when the sounds of tramping boots was first heard stomping resolutely towards the CU battle lines.

BadCat had just called a Liberal an A-Hole and invited him to fornicate with himself.

We poked our heads up not knowing what to expect. The marching was a perfect metronome of lockstep boot thuds. "Could it be zombies?" we asked ourselves? "Robots?"

Because nothing Human moved with such precise mechanical synchronicity.

We glanced nervously from side to side at one another and the palpable feeling of dread washed over every man and woman at the terrible regularity of their approach.

Bad Cat glanced at Freeper and spit his half smoked cigar out onto the muddy ground and yelled "AWRIGHT!... This is IT!!!!!!" And with that they poured out of the fog and slammed into our lines.

Ron Paul supporters. A hundred of them if there was one. Slack jawed and unkempt, bearing the tokens of their Man God before them in the form of Sigline links to message boards ... and the Paul 08 pics gleamed an evil mockery of Red White and Blue above the dreaded links. But always, always they walked in ridged lockstep straight into our fire.

We began to take casualties as they laid into us with bulleted talking points and You Tube videos. We were assailed by maddened sleeper agents in our midst whose programing kicked in when the main wave of Paul Supporters washed over the ramparts like a frothing retarded wave of zealotry. The shriek of their pointless wailing drove strong men mad with the power of it's mendacity and the depths of it's uniform insanity.

And in the darkest hour a small group of CUers in the dungeon discovered the only thing that would bring them down and silence them. The discovery was made by your humble corespondent that the posting of a mere non sequitur picture and a strange unrelated post stopped them dead in their tracks. Bad Cat and Freeper seized on this and the word flashed out to the CU brethren like lightning in an ink black sky.

Freeper and Bad Cat were like battered lions, bloody and rent, but still savage enough to stand their ground as they stalked forth from the dungeon and eyed the ravaged CU landscape.

"Christmas Cats" thundered BC! "Give them pictures of CHRISTMAS CATS!!!. Or normal damn kittens if that's all you can find but for God's sake FIRE"

"PIE!" boomed Freeper! "Bury the bastards in pie and soup pics till they scream like dying beasts!!!!!"

And Oh how we fought. For every thread that was posted showing Guiliani in drag or assaulting us with the mind numbing stupidity that Huckabee lied about his weight loss we met them with kittens and pie. We Photo Bucketed and hot linked until the blood ran from our finger tips.

The battle raged for four days under the grey and lifeless December skies.

In the end Arclight strikes from the admins took out the most vicious of the Paulists. They donned clever socks and came at us time and time again, but Sarasota was ever vigilant... ever vigilent.

And when the sun finally broke through the leaden skies and washed over the ripped and battered landscape, it shone brightly on the weary warriors as they surveyed the field of victory.

But the casualties were fierce, and the fighting goes on to this day. Attacks are led by fierce insurgent fighters who creep among the threads waiting to spring forth and detonate thier IED's of partisan stupidity in an attempt to sow discord and destruction over that which they could not conquer.

For many the wounds ran too deep and they withdrew from the realm to seek succor in other locals where they could try to put the bitter memories of the Paul War behind them. Others, maddened by the sounds of battle that rang so long in their ears, said their goodbyes and committed forum suicide.

But most stayed.

December the 18th, 2007.

Remember.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2021, 08:41:28 AM »
This is a message I got from Frank when I asked what had happened. Seems to me someone told me there was a huge fight with some Paulians that included cat pix, and maybe pie.

I KNEW I had this saved somewhere. For anyone interested in how the refugees from CU started a new colony, here it is:

Wow, I honestly don't remember getting that e-mail.  I joined the Cave about a month after it started, so I didn't miss too much.

Probably didn't receive the e-mail because I was a long-time moderator at CU and perhaps the Cave founders were apprehensive at certain folks' loyalties.  But I certainly remember the splintering off of people at a rapid pace in late 2008 and early 2009.

Thanks for posting that!

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2021, 09:26:38 PM »
Wasn't there another DUmbass that worked in a cafe that lost their job there because they bitched about the rich customers on DU and had those comments reported to the owners of said cafe?

And how can we forget the legend in his own mind Tom in Tiburon?
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2021, 10:34:44 PM »
Wasn't there another DUmbass that worked in a cafe that lost their job there because they bitched about the rich customers on DU and had those comments reported to the owners of said cafe?

That was the bitter old Vermontese cali primitive.

And how can we forget the legend in his own mind Tom in Tiburon?

Damn, I forgot all about the lying tits primitive, from California, who was a close friend of the all-time Greatest Primitive Ever, the bird-smacking stoned red-faced primitive, Redstone, from Massachusetts and then Connecticut at the time of his self-inflicted expiration.

What was funniest about the lying tits primitive was that the tales he wrote were so obviously incredible they couldn't have been real, but still the primitives ate them up.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2021, 10:51:50 PM »
If anyone's curious and wants to jog their memory, the DUmping Ground forum here has the full list of all the Top DUmmies from 2005 through 2016.

https://conservativecave.com/cave/index.php?topic=66225.0
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BamaMoose

« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2021, 11:57:49 PM »
It's one of the unfortunate results of pointing out the stupidity of certain members of DUmmieLand.  They never doubted the tales told by TomInTib until they read on CC or CU that he was a complete fraud.  Skinner tried to cover up the crap in his litterbox by banning TiTBoy.  But Tom kept coming back with different names.  I specifically didn't point him out on CC or CU or over on DU with my mole.  Cuz he was just too damn funny to laugh at and I wanted him to last.  The DUmmies would eventually figure out that he was back, but long after everyone else picked up on it.  The result is that so many of our favorite idiots have disappeared.  TiT, Cali, Nadin, Dain, walldude and so many others provided us with so many laughs at their inability to understand the world around them and their general level of ignorance.  DU currently is severely lacking in individuals that entertain us with their weird ass beliefs and claims.  I'd even buy my mole a star if they allowed Nadin back on.