Author Topic: This is the kind of nonsense you get at Discussionist  (Read 1057 times)

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
This is the kind of nonsense you get at Discussionist
« on: May 22, 2014, 04:28:00 PM »
Quote from:
FORD

"Corporations Are People, My Friend"

This, of course was a now infamous quote from Republican Presidential Candidate Willard Mittens Romney at the Iowa Straw Poll in 2012. It's also now been enforced by the Five Bush Crime Family appointed "justices" of the Supreme Court on two different occasions.

But what do YOU say?

(poll choices)

Yes, corporations are people! And they are my kind of people!

I'll believe corporations are people when the State of Texas executes one!

Robb is a dingbat.

http://www.discussionist.com/101521218

Quote from:
BBB

13. Corporations are not out to rule the world via gov't.

Have you ever worked for a mid or large capitalized corp? Then you know how inefficient they are and how you shake you head at all the stupid rules and regulations in place that make what should be a simple task into an ordeal.

And I'm suppose to believe that is going to rule the world? Not gonna happen.

>>Citizen's United attempts to give a corporation the same rights as individuals, while still allowing the individuals to claim they are separate legal entities from the corporation when the corporation breaks the law.

(above quote taken from another post but answer within this one)

Citizens United prohibits the government from restricting political independent expenditures by corporations, associations, or labor unions. Individuals "owners" were already separate from the corp for legal reasons. That wasn't a Citizen United thing. If I own GE stock and GE breaks the law, I can't be held responsible for that. That would be nuts.

Corps serve their purpose. I own two small businesses and both are corps. If I do something that's an error, there's no way I should lose my shirt over some lawsuit, ergo I incorporated. If they're going to go after me personally they'll have to pierce the corporate veil, and I do everything to prevent that from happening.

Quote from:
Cliqueclaque 

19. The corporation is simply a way to evade responsibility for wrongdoing or error

And I speak as the owner of an LLC myself but I'm not trying to fool myself as to the prime purpose of it.

Quote from:
BBB

24. I don't agree.

It's a way to conduct business. Being able to protect yourself as an individual, or as a group of individuals, is incidental to the reason one incorporates. Besides, the gov't encourages that some type of organization be formed, whether a corp, a LLC, or something else.

You want to provide your goods and services for profit. That's why one gets up every morning. But you don't want to lose your shirt in the process. Anything can be manipulated for the wrong reason, but I have insufficient evidence to convince me that's what multi-national corps want to do.

Quote from:
Cliqueclaque 

25. It's a way to conduct business without being responsible for mistakes or outright wrongdoing

Any time you divorce actions from possible consequences for those actions you always encourage worse actions, isn't that an article of conservative dogma?

Quote from:
BBB

27. There's consequences.

There's plenty of history of corps being fined and officers of corps being held accountable. You can bet if I were to do something and am proven to have violated the law I will pay the penalty. Just because you might believe wrongdoings have taken place where the responsible people skated doesn't mean that's what happened. Everyone, even corporations, have a right to defend themselves.

Quote from:
Cliqueclaque

28. Oh pity the poor, poor mulitnational corporations

They are so powerless and defenseless and everyone hates them..

It sucks to be them.

Quote from:
BBB (169 posts)

29. I don't think they care if some don't like them. I sure don't.

Sounds like they provide products/services people want and for which they are willing to pay. Good for them. If I can buy some of their stock and ride the profit wave, good for me.

I do find it interesting that someone who claims to have a LLC is claiming that these things were created as "a way to evade responsibility for wrongdoing or error." Evidently they aren't that bad or you wouldn't be involved with them.

Of course I've read people here that despise capitalism and yet they continue to live and participate within its structure. If I hated it that bad, I'd go where it isn't, and nothing would stand in my way.

It's like talking to a musician that can only play one note. And this is one of the smarter DUers on the board.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 04:31:43 PM by USA4ME »
Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: This is the kind of nonsense you get at Discussionist
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 07:45:12 PM »
In the real world Cliqueclaque many individuals franchise with a larger company and have to protect themselves from product liability claimed when in reality a person just does something stupid but is looking for any deep pocket to pay out of sympathy.

Discussing business with a DUmbass is the same as discussing brain surgery with a frog.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014, 10:12:21 PM »
Cliqueclaque 

25. It's a way to conduct business without being responsible for mistakes or outright wrongdoing

Ummm, no.

In the real world Cliqueclaque many individuals franchise with a larger company and have to protect themselves from product liability claimed when in reality a person just does something stupid but is looking for any deep pocket to pay out of sympathy.

Exactly.

Any time you divorce actions from possible consequences for those actions you always encourage worse actions, isn't that an article of conservative dogma?

Pssst.  This describes your entire worldview.

Then you know how inefficient they are and how you shake you head at all the stupid rules and regulations in place that make what should be a simple task into an ordeal.

Let's see....an organization capable of acquiring, manufacturing, marketing, supplying and selling a product successfully has lots of mickey mouse rules and regulations that are inefficient.  Now, this, I'm sure, is due to the desire to decrease efficiency, skyrocket product cost and destroy profit margins. right?

Or, is it something else?

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2014, 10:23:02 PM »
Let's see....an organization capable of acquiring, manufacturing, marketing, supplying and selling a product successfully has lots of mickey mouse rules and regulations that are inefficient.  Now, this, I'm sure, is due to the desire to decrease efficiency, skyrocket product cost and destroy profit margins. right?

Or, is it something else?

Well, since you asked me...

The point I was making was these same big corps, who make it overly difficult to do what is often the most simple of tasks, are certainly not competent enough to take over the world via gov't, which these left wing kooks believe is going on.

So maybe you misread what I was saying.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Rockntractor

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2014, 01:22:50 AM »
It's like talking to a musician that can only play one note. And this is one of the smarter DUers on the board.

That is like saying a better smelling turd.
Burp!

Offline MoshMasterD

• The Cornette Face
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2014, 04:56:43 AM »
Well, there is always my response.....

http://youtu.be/YHeVZXuISzo
"They cannot win. We outnumber them in this country, and we have the guns… I’m not kidding. They talk a mean game, but they will not cross that line because they know what they’re dealing with."

Andrew Breitbart

Offline Karin

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2014, 08:12:04 AM »
Cliqueclaque you DUmbass, what do you think the first "L" stands for in LLC?  And you claim to have one! 

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2014, 08:27:47 AM »
Discussing business with a DUmbass is the same as discussing brain surgery with a frog.

Yeah.

I've been disappointed the way Discussionist has evolved; I guess I was sort of maybe possibly hoping it'd turn out something more substantial than it has so far.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2014, 10:51:39 AM »
Cliqueclaque 

19. The corporation is simply a way to evade responsibility for wrongdoing or error

Well, you're a moron.  It's a way to limit risk, those are just two particularly-pejorative examples of risk, and the first is especially uncommon.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2014, 07:22:02 PM »
Yeah.

I've been disappointed the way Discussionist has evolved; I guess I was sort of maybe possibly hoping it'd turn out something more substantial than it has so far.

It is destined to be a failure, Frank. As long as it is inhabited by dummies, it will go downhill. Might be fast, might be slow, but it will inevitably go downhill far enough that it will wind up in the dustbin of the internet.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi