Author Topic: Enough of this BS lie that President Obama had 2 years with Dem control of Se  (Read 684 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
jillan (29,509 posts)

Enough of this BS lie that President Obama had 2 years with Dem control of Senate...

First of all - Al Franken didn't get seated until the beginning of July 2009.

Second of all - Ted Kennedy fell ill and passed away in August 2009.

Democrats need to bring this up every time the repugs spew the lie that Democrats controlled the Senate for 2 years and President Obama has no excuses.

Add the filibuster to this equation.

ENOUGH! We need to set things straight.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/125146855

No matter how you spin it, the dems owned the federal government for those 2 years. The next 2 years the repukes only had the house and the do nothing senate lead by Dingy Harry blocked everything the GOP tried to accomplish. We haven't even had a budget since 0bama's first year in office. The GOP submitted at least 2, only for Harry to circular file them as soon as they hit the Senate.

libinnyandia (1,134 posts)
17. The Senate is by its very nature dysfunctional. Twenty states with a total population of

California have 40 senators. California has 2.

No, it's not dysfunction it was purposely done that way to give each state equal say in one house of government, the house was set up to represent based on population. It was a compromise when forming the union that was intended to maintain the rights of states.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
These people know nothing of US civics.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Mr Mannn

These people know nothing of US civics.
I think they do. They just Hate real democracy and are looking for excuses to make Obama a king.
They can call it what they like, president for life, dictator, der fuehrer, its always end up the same/

For a DUmmie to get the govt he wants, freedom must die.
When the imperial senate gets uppity, it must be dissolved. Rule by decree is the ultimate DUmmie goal.

Offline I_B_Perky

http://www.democraticunderground.com/125146855

No, it's not dysfunction it was purposely done that way to give each state equal say in one house of government , the house was set up to represent based on population. It was a compromise when forming the union that was intended to maintain the rights of states.

For you dummies.... The senate was originally designed to represent the states and their local governments. Sometime in the late 1800's, maybe the early 1900's, can't remember now off the top of my head, an amendment was passed to elect the senators by popular vote. Bad mistake in my opinion.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi