Author Topic: Bush was no "badass" pilot-He backed away after screwing up-Interestingly, he  (Read 2500 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
kpete

Bush was no "badass" pilot-He backed away after screwing up-Interestingly, he couldn't land a plane

Remember the Bush/Air National Guard stories?

Joe Hagan of New York Magazine has written a megareport for Texas Monthly on what is coming out now about George W. Bush's alleged flight training -- well, about his record with the National Guard and all the investigations that ended in Dan Rather being fired by CBS. If you're not a big defender of Bush, you'll be glad to know the story turns out to be close to what we libruls believed at the time. If you're a fan of Dan Rather (count me out), you'll end up feeling somewhat aggrieved.

The real story, assembled here for the first time in a single narrative, featuring new witnesses and never-reported details, is far more complex than what Rather and Mapes rushed onto the air in 2004. At the time, so much rancorous political gamesmanship surrounded Bush’s military history that it was impossible to report clearly (and Rather’s flawed report effectively ended further investigations). But with Bush out of office, this is no longer a problem. I’ve been reporting this story since it first broke, and today there is more cooperation and willingness to speak on the record than ever before. The picture that emerges is remarkable. Beyond the haze of elaborately revised fictions from both the political left and the political right is a bizarre account that has remained, until now, the great untold story of modern Texas politics. For 36 years, it made its way through the swamps of state government as it led up to the collision between two powerful Texans on the national stage.

And by the time it was over, no one—not Dan Rather, not George W. Bush—would be left unbloodied. ...Hagan, TX Monthly

Hint: Bush was no "badass" pilot. He backed away after screwing up. Interestingly, he couldn't land a plane.

___

If you'd rather listen to the story, you can hear an interview with Joe Hagan here (see Segment 3).
http://tpr.org/texasmatters/2012/04/txm120420.html
http://www.texasmonthly.com/2012-05-01/feature.php
http://prairieweather.typepad.com/big_blue_stem/2012/04/remember-the-bushair-national-guard-stories.html

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002592163

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Chimpy land the plane on the deck of the aircraft carrier? You know the one where they put up the "mission acomplished" sign that all the DUmmies howled about?

UTUSN
2. R#5 & K, yip, his "landing" the mission-accomplished thing had the co-pilot holding his flight suit

The article is great for knitting it all together in one place, but it only confirms that everything was true, almost all of which we already knew - the AWOL, the cocaine, the getting of Dan RATHER. Details added are few but eye catching, John SHARP's involment, here and there. The best thing is that the publication of this now makes it clear that it won't ever go away from Shrub.

Shrub probably has a secret vault, where he keeps Saddam's sword which he breaks out when he puts on a cape nekkid and swings it around. But most of all, there's probably a ghostwritten manuscript of his REAL accomplishments: Getting revenge on his and the B.F.E.E.'s enemies: Saddam (for Poppy); but also for himself revenge on Poppy and Jeb; Dan; and many others we don't even know about. Iraq and other things were just a family cartel thing.

:whatever:
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Chimpy land the plane on the deck of the aircraft carrier? You know the one where they put up the "mission acomplished" sign that all the DUmmies howled about?

News flash, DUmbasses: Bush ain't President anymore. He's yesterday's news, literally.

If you spent half the energy vetting Obama that you spent trying to frogmarch Bush to the Hague, this country would be a better place.

www.electstevedawes.com

Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
The One is going have a hard time making the 2012 election 'Chimpy McCokespoon's Third Term' now that many realize they would have welcomed it in hindsight.

The modern remake of  'Are you better off now than you were four years ago ?' - Palin's ' How's That Hopey Changey Thing working out for ya ? ' has gained an uncomfortable amount of traction on The One.

So now they need to rewrite the past, making BusHitler into something worse than Obama is now, so people will believe they are better off. How they are going to make that work escapes me, but they are going to try.

Offline dane

• http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-ash2/37017
Bearing in mind I am not the fastest swimmer in the pool, but isn't it true that if a pilot takes off in a plane, and brings it back without crashing it, that pilot did in fact land the plane?

I cannot recall any stories of Bush crashing every time (if at all) he flew, so that story of not being able to land must not be true.

The cheeto dust must have clouded some of their thinking.

edited to add:  just nadined, and could find nothing regarding G. Bush crashing any aircraft either during pilot training, or after he completed that pilot training during the rest of the time he was part of the ANG.

There is also nothing at this other very informative site http://www.electstevedawes.com/  but there is much there to read.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 07:30:34 PM by dane »
This too shall pass.

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
Bearing in mind I am not the fastest swimmer in the pool, but isn't it true that if a pilot takes off in a plane, and brings it back without crashing it, that pilot did in fact land the plane?

I cannot recall any stories of Bush crashing every time (if at all) he flew, so that story of not being able to land must not be true.

Didn't 9/11 Troofers say that the planes were remotely piloted?  If Poppy Bush could do it on 9/11, he certainly could have done it in the '60s and '70s.  :whatever:
“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther

Offline FlippyDoo

• Oh NO!!!!! It's a rebel windmill!!!!

Technically he wouldn't HAVE to land the plane. He could just take off, fly it around a bit, then have the BFEE teleportation machine teleport him somewhere. Then they could use the BFEE time machine to zap the plane to some other time period before it crashed pilotlessly to the ground. OR they could use the BFEE earthquake machine to strike where the plane crashed to make it look like earthquake damage instead of a crash. OR they could use the BFEE tsunami machine to send a wave to wash the crash debris into the ocean. OR they could have just used the BFEE hologram machine to make it look like he took off and landed while he sat in a lounge somewhere.

I just noticed that the BFEE has a lot of fun machines.
Fictional spirit-guiding by appointment.
conservativecave.com & conservativeunderground.com

For new members and lurkers: I am a fictional spirit-guide with no smell whatsoever. I am part irish setter and part pigeon. If you don't smell any strange smells it means I'm probably standing next to you. As I am a fictional character anything I post should possibly be considered fictional.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.

edited to add:  just nadined, and could find nothing regarding G. Bush crashing any aircraft either during pilot training, or after he completed that pilot training during the rest of the time he was part of the ANG.

There is also nothing at this other very informative site http://www.electstevedawes.com/  but there is much there to read.

These are the same idiots who blamed McCain for crashing a plane when another pilot in a different aircraft accidently fired a missile and hit McCain's plane.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
Technically he wouldn't HAVE to land the plane. He could just take off, fly it around a bit, then have the BFEE teleportation machine teleport him somewhere. Then they could use the BFEE time machine to zap the plane to some other time period before it crashed pilotlessly to the ground. OR they could use the BFEE earthquake machine to strike where the plane crashed to make it look like earthquake damage instead of a crash. OR they could use the BFEE tsunami machine to send a wave to wash the crash debris into the ocean. OR they could have just used the BFEE hologram machine to make it look like he took off and landed while he sat in a lounge somewhere.

LMAO.
“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther

Offline dane

Thanks for clearing this up for me.  I told you I'm not the fastest swimmer in the pool.  Perhaps if I had more experience on the nadinet I could have found all of this information and spared myself some embarrassment.
This too shall pass.

Offline I_B_Perky

Don't know. I would think he would have to be carrier qualified to do that? I don't think just any pilot is allowed to land on a carrier. Of course he WAS president at the time. I figured he just flew it for a piece on the way and the navy pilot landed it.

Like I said... don't know and too lazy to look it up.   :-)
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
Wow, they're having flashbacks! Wonder why this sudden obsession with Bush? Someone ate too much of the brown acid. Oh well, I'm still laughing at the thought of John Kerry (who served in Vietnam) picking rice out of his butt!

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Quote from:
Hint: Bush was no "badass" pilot. He backed away after screwing up. Interestingly, he couldn't land a plane.

Whoever wrote that is an idiot.  You can't obtain a pilot's license without passing a checkride, which involves landing the plane several times.  The liberal dimwit isn't even bright enough to realize the contradiction of terms by claiming someone couldn't land but then refering to them as a pilot.  Listen up moonbat, someone who can't land a plane will never be a certified pilot.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.

I think I can confidently say "no" to that one, Freep. Carrier landings require extensive training and practice and are still dicey affairs. Landing on fixed runways cannot fully prepare you for them. No way they would risk the President's and so many other people's lives like that, not to mention millions of dollars worth of hardware, and I'm sure the Prez himself would recognize his limitations.

To give you some idea of how hairy it is, there was a study during the Vietnam War wherein they attached telemetry devices to Navy aviators to measure physical responses during dogfights - BP, pulse, respiratory rate, and so forth. Military physicians found that the highest heart rates during the flight came not while they were engaged with the enemy, but when they were trapping on the carrier deck after the mission was over.

I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline Airwolf

Yet they never bring up the fact that Democrat Senator Tom Harkin did in fact LIE about his time in the NAvy to get elected and again during his run for President. It seems he claimed to have flown bombing missions over Vietnam in F-4s and the F-8 Crusader. What he did was nothing of the sort. Tom Harkin after 5 years in the Navy only left the service with one ribbion to his credit , The NationalD Defense Service Medal. I'm willing to bet that Bush has a few more then that and that Harkin only wishes he was as good a pilot as he was.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/s_155912.html

And another thing lurking DUmmies. IF Bush had crashed a plane at anytime during his career that would have been the end of it. No amount of politicial pressure would have stopped that.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 09:59:51 PM by Airwolf »
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
Bush was no "badass" pilot. He backed away after screwing up. Interestingly, he couldn't land a plane.
Bush flew the F102A fighter. It's a single-seater. If he couldn't land, he'd be dead.

He was a fully-qualified fighter pilot, which is far more than any monkey at Skimmer's DUmp will ever achieve.

No one ever claimed he landed on a carrier. After the carrier landing, in his remarks, he described his admiration for the skill of the pilot.

Anyone who can imagine the jug-eared Kenyan doing that has a better imagination than mine.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
I think I can confidently say "no" to that one, Freep. Carrier landings require extensive training and practice and are still dicey affairs. Landing on fixed runways cannot fully prepare you for them. No way they would risk the President's and so many other people's lives like that, not to mention millions of dollars worth of hardware, and I'm sure the Prez himself would recognize his limitations.

To give you some idea of how hairy it is, there was a study during the Vietnam War wherein they attached telemetry devices to Navy aviators to measure physical responses during dogfights - BP, pulse, respiratory rate, and so forth. Military physicians found that the highest heart rates during the flight came not while they were engaged with the enemy, but when they were trapping on the carrier deck after the mission was over.

Ok every once in awhile I'm wrong about something.  :-)

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
So, what we're saying is, owebuma doesn't want to run on his record, and wants every conceivable distraction to deflect away from his abominable results from being in office almost a full term.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline FlippyDoo

• Oh NO!!!!! It's a rebel windmill!!!!
I don't really blame him for not wanting to run on his record. That is one of his smarter moves.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 10:45:36 PM by FlippyDoo »
Fictional spirit-guiding by appointment.
conservativecave.com & conservativeunderground.com

For new members and lurkers: I am a fictional spirit-guide with no smell whatsoever. I am part irish setter and part pigeon. If you don't smell any strange smells it means I'm probably standing next to you. As I am a fictional character anything I post should possibly be considered fictional.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
I don't really blame him for not wanting to run on his record. That is one of his smarter moves.
Anything above a zero level of smart is an improvement for the Magic Negro Inaction Figure, by Mattel.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Bush flew the F102A fighter. It's a single-seater. If he couldn't land, he'd be dead.

He was a fully-qualified fighter pilot, which is far more than any monkey at Skimmer's DUmp will ever achieve.

No one ever claimed he landed on a carrier. After the carrier landing, in his remarks, he described his admiration for the skill of the pilot.

Anyone who can imagine the jug-eared Kenyan doing that has a better imagination than mine.

The F=102A "Delta Dagger" was notoriously difficult to fly, IIRC.  Plus, the main weapon was an unguided nuclear rocket that would be fired into Soviet bomber formations, so as to vaporize incoming Bears and the like.  Not something for the faint of heart.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline dane

What you typed is all true.

What many people do not realize about carrier landings is:  The angled deck is the landing field, and not only is it small, but it is moving away from the pilot at an angle AND has vertical movement as well.

I am not a pilot, but I did spend much time on carrier decks and it is awesomely exciting for the maintenance people as well as the pilots.  But more so for the pilots.  One error, and he runs into a steel wall at over well 100 miles per hour.
This too shall pass.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
What you typed is all true.

What many people do not realize about carrier landings is:  The angled deck is the landing field, and not only is it small, but it is moving away from the pilot at an angle AND has vertical movement as well.

I am not a pilot, but I did spend much time on carrier decks and it is awesomely exciting for the maintenance people as well as the pilots.  But more so for the pilots.  One error, and he runs into a steel wall at over well 100 miles per hour.

I seem to remember the first female F-14 pilot--Lt. Kara Hultgreen, IIRC--wound up coming up short of the deck on one attempt . . . and she essentially "tried to push the carrier," with predictable results.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
News flash, DUmbasses: Bush ain't President anymore. He's yesterday's news, literally.

If you spent half the energy vetting Obama that you spent trying to frogmarch Bush to the Hague, this country would be a better place.

www.electstevedawes.com

It's all they've got to fall back on.  It's not like they can brag or point to Obama's record.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline formerlurker

It's been a while, so my memory is foggy - but I remember he had logged a lot of flight hours over his career.    He knew how to fly the plane.

I am not even going to look at the new nonsense coming out now.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!

Rove was an intern at the BFEE R & D Division when GWB was in the NG.  Cheney was Rove's mentor.  WHEN (not if) all those things happened, Cheney was training Rove in the proper calibrations and usage of the machines.  The "time-transport machine" had already foretold the young Bush becoming president, 9/11, Iraq War, etc., so a competent "behind the scenes" man was going to be needed while Cheney was VP.

GWB's NG pilot training was just a cover to divert attention away from the actual events caused by the BFEE experiments.

Bank on it!

The DUmmies may try, but the only thing Barry is good at concerning aircraft is parking his pompass ASS in a seat in AF1.

I bet he can't even do THAT right without F'N something up.

http://www.electstevedawes.com
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.