Author Topic: Sha’Carri Richardson Speaks Out  (Read 1096 times)

Offline old dog 2

• pork eating infidel
Sha’Carri Richardson Speaks Out
« on: July 03, 2021, 10:23:42 AM »
Sha’Carri Richardson Speaks Out About Failed Drug Test

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KJYC7Ju-Y8

In April 2021, Richardson ran a new personal best of 10.72 seconds, becoming the sixth fastest woman of all time and the fourth fastest American woman in history.[2] She qualified for the 2020 Summer Olympics after winning the women's 100-meter dash with 10.86 in the United States Olympic Trials.  Now disqualified from the Tokyo Olymbics by the USATF for traces of marijuana.

It's now legal in more states than not, never heard that it's a performance enhancing drug. 

I don't use it.  Don't like it.  Tried it once 50 years ago.  This is a ridiculous rule.  She seems like the all American girl who happens to frequently change her hair color.  This is a non-political issue that all Americans could get behind.  I've sent the USATF an email and planning on calling Tuesday morning. 

Truly, whoever can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.  - Voltaire

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: Sha’Carri Richardson Speaks Out
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2021, 06:09:59 PM »
It's admirable that she takes responsibility for her actions and doesn't argue about the decisions both made and forthcoming. She was asked the question why she went down that path and she talked about her family situation.

Okay, I get it.

The other good thing that comes out of this is she's willing to put it behind her, look forward to future competitions, and toe the line vis a vis drugs.

I've made plenty of mistakes in my life and some of them more impactful for me than this one seems to be for her.

Live and learn. I applaud her attitude and determination to move forward.

That said, I couldn't give two rat****s about the Olympics. Just too f'n political any more. Too many asshats getting press.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline old dog 2

• pork eating infidel
Re: Sha’Carri Richardson Speaks Out
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2021, 07:11:07 PM »
You nailed it.  I couldn't put my finger on it but she doesn't attack, doesn't charge racism, takes personal responsibility and looks to the future.

Truly, whoever can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.  - Voltaire