Author Topic: Oakland Raiders get NFL’s approval to move to Las Vegas  (Read 10390 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Oakland Raiders get NFL’s approval to move to Las Vegas
« on: March 27, 2017, 02:02:25 PM »
What happens in Vegas . . . :whistling: :fuelfire:

Oakland Raiders get NFL’s approval to move to Las Vegas

Posted March 27, 2017 - 11:07am  Updated March 27, 2017 - 11:23am

By Jon Mark Saraceno
Las Vegas Review-Journal

PHOENIX — Welcome, Las Vegas Raiders!

Thirty-two NFL owners huddled Monday at the posh Arizona Biltmore and decided that one of football’s iconic franchises can pack its silver-and-black bags and move to Las Vegas. The owners voted 31-1 to approve the Raiders’ departure from Oakland for the second time in their tradition-rich history. The only no vote came from the Miami Dolphins.

The vote ended a whirlwind 14-month courtship by business, county and state leaders. In a major coup for Las Vegas, the Raiders will join the NHL’s expansion Golden Knights as the city’s second major league sports franchise.

The Raiders will debut in Las Vegas no later than the 2020 season, when a 65,000-seat domed stadium, to be constructed at an estimated cost of $1.9 billion, is expected to be ready. The site of the new stadium has not been finalized, although the leading location is an empty lot on the west side of Interstate 15, between Russell Road and Hacienda Avenue, across from Mandalay Bay.

The Raiders might very well play regular and preseason games at UNLV’s Sam Boyd Stadium in 2018 and 2019, possibly playing fulltime at the site during that time frame.

“Wow! Our football dreams have come true,” Clark County Commission Chairman Steve Sisolak said. “First, I would like to thank Dr. Miriam and Sheldon Adelson for their initiative and leadership, which ultimately made today possible.

I wonder if the fans will migrate . . . :fuelfire: :whistling:

The rest is here:  http://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/nfl-vegas/oakland-raiders-get-nfl-s-approval-move-las-vegas

Mods:  If this is in error, i.e, the article is covered by one of those provisions on not quoting, please let me know.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline thundley4

Re: Oakland Raiders get NFL’s approval to move to Las Vegas
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 04:29:08 PM »
I can imagine more than a few Vegas inhabitants: "Well, there goes the neighborhood."

Offline freedumb2003b

Re: Oakland Raiders get NFL’s approval to move to Las Vegas
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 09:48:44 PM »
What happens in Vegas . . . :whistling: :fuelfire:

I wonder if the fans will migrate . . . :fuelfire: :whistling:

The rest is here:  http://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/nfl-vegas/oakland-raiders-get-nfl-s-approval-move-las-vegas

Mods:  If this is in error, i.e, the article is covered by one of those provisions on not quoting, please let me know.

The thugs will follow just like they did to L.A.  I was there and it was pretty ugly.  I don't think 10 minutes (people not football) would go by before there was a fight somewhere in the stadium.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.