Author Topic: I am terrified about the possibility of Trump being re-elected.  (Read 650 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
I am terrified about the possibility of Trump being re-elected.
« on: February 11, 2020, 10:51:35 PM »
Star Member TNNurse (4,039 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212978755

Seeing what is going on in the Roger Stone situation is scaring the hell out of me. He is out of control and no one appears able (or willing) to stop him.

:loser:

Star Member Fresh_Start (10,326 posts)

1. I understand and feel the same

trying to do what I can to make sure it doesn't happen

doing something feels better than just watching...is there someway you can get involved?

SKKY (8,920 posts)

2. Which is why we need to activate a 2nd strategy and throw...

...millions of dollars into the Senate races we have a chance of winning. I’m telling you, we take back the Senate, the WH will follow. No doubt.

Rider3 (847 posts)

3. Me, too.

That's why we MUST take the Senate and keep the House. Putin's going to ensure Trump's re-election. Our only hope is the Senate and House. I'm jaded. Sorry.

Star Member MontanaMama (11,301 posts)

4. I am too.

It isn't just the cheating...it's that he's being allowed to cheat by people who should know better. Remember that they win when we are self defeating. It's okay to be scared...but we can be brave too. We can do this. Evil always overplays its hand. Always.

Star Member pwb (4,312 posts)

5. Not me. The Blue tsunami is coming.

This petty stuff means nothing and is meant to distract.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Star Member Stuart G (24,777 posts)

23. Democrats will win with overwhelming numbers...I believe this is why. Trump is a crook & a bully.

Most people hate bullies. Most people do not like people like Trump who are crooks.
...Further, Trump's attitude is, "I can get away with anything" That is clear to everyone..

Trump's show is not new. He has been the boss for over 3 years. Trump is making most people in the U.S.A. sick..........

You don't have to be a brilliant rocket scientist to understand who Donald Trump is/was/& will always be.

He offends 60 percent of our entire population in the U.S.A.

Trump will end up with less than 40 % of the vote. Just wait and see. Why? He is such unfair person that he makes people sick. And he pushes people around, and does not hide it and never apologizes for anything. That is what I believe and it is clear to most people. We will see in November. Trump cannot evade the truth, or fix the election. The numbers will be overwhelming, Trump has shown us who he is.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Star Member PJMcK (11,694 posts)

9. Is Trump actually "out of control?"

Consider the effectiveness of his purges. He's getting his revenge on each of the people who stood opposed to him during his impeachment. Everyone who testified in defiance of his edicts is being fired or threatened with investigations.

I'm in complete agreement with your terror that Trump might be re-elected. We're actually talking about how we could leave the country.

It's a small compensation, but have another heart, TNNurse.

Star Member mnhtnbb (26,209 posts)

16. You know, if somehow, 45 wins in November,

I would think long and hard about staying here.

During the Bushie boy years, my husband and I got involved with buying property in Panama--which is very hospitable to retirees--but unfortunately, we ended up getting out of the deal after our house burned down and then Obama was elected. We figured we no longer needed an "escape hatch". But I did acquire a permanent resident visa that I suppose could be reactivated with the help of our Panamanian attorney.

Now I am a widow. Moving abroad alone pushing 70 (which I will be next year) is not all that appealing. I do have friends in France--and one friend decamped from here over 10 years ago and now has a French passport. He lives in Lyon and I know would introduce me to friends, although he is about 20 years younger than I am. On my own, I'd rather be in France, I think, than in a tropical location.

There is a DU'er who moved with his wife from Philly to France last year. I know another DU'er who dreams about it--and travels to France often--and I've wondered if a group of us got together and relocated if it would be easier.

What exit plans are you considering? Is retirement in the picture?

Oh, you ****ing soy-fuques and homos won't go anywhere.  :whatever:

Star Member Skittles (126,102 posts)

28. never leave

do not let fascist ****s drive you out of your own country.....STAY AND FIGHT

:lol:

Star Member PJMcK (11,694 posts)

31. Skittles, you are an amazing American and awesome DUer!

Consider those people (who were the "undesirables" ) who watched the Fascists slowly come to power in Europe during the 1930s and into the 1940s. For the most part, those who survived were those who left. Those who stayed were stuck in two categories: 1) So-called "Good Germans" who proceeded to live their lives while the war raged throughout Europe; and 2) Those deemed to be disposable humans, including the Jews, Gypsies, Homosexuals and many other "undesirables" who were executed.

I've known a handful of folks who got out of Germany/Austria/The Netherlands/France in time. Their stories are instructive to the abhorrent possibilities of our current circumstances.

The pathetic irony of my personal position is that I'm a White Anglo-Saxon of Protestant descent and I'm relatively financially sound. I'm not a target of these Fascists, (unless they read my posts on DU!). I'm, older and I could just retreat to my country house and I would be relatively safe from nearly everything, including a nuclear exchange, (at least for the first couple of days). But that course is unacceptable and insane.

What appalls me is that the 35-40% of so-called Americans who support Trump's political movement is that their perspective is antithetical to my conscience. Ultimately, my single vote might not be enough, (especially since I vote in New York City). Yet, I will always vote a straight Democratic ticket.

ETA: Have a couple of hearts, friend.

Star Member Skittles (126,102 posts)

32. I am not a target and I would stay and fight with those who cannot leave

fascists win with fear and threats

edited to add: I have zero doubt that if Trump could have his critics imprisoned, tortured, executed - HE WOULD and the MAGAts would be just fine with it

:whatever:

eissa (3,897 posts)

11. I teeter between

hopefulness (we've been on a winning election streak since he took over the WH) and ulcer-inducing despair. The fact that he had 11,000 people at his NH rally, when none of our candidates came even close to that (Bernie's was the closest at 7,500) is definitely worrisome.

But we have to remember that the election hasn't even started yet; once we rally behind our nominee, and once the DNC gets into gear (I have to remain optimistic that they will actually get into gear) I think things will start looking up. This buffoon is only the president of his base, one that he hasn't grown. He lost the popular vote last time, and that was with a lot of our people sitting the election out. I can't imagine that will happen again, certainly not by the same margins as 2016, and not if we pour resources into states like WI, PA and MI.

:loser:

kurtcagle (239 posts)

29. I'm not that worried on the economic front

As sad as it says that I am hoping for a recession, I think we will be in one by Summer. The ADP Payroll numbers for January (which covers December paychecks) were really odd - a huge increase in leisure and hospitality, yet only a 2K increase in IT jobs that month. IT's always a bellwether - people staff up for IT as they are beginning new software initiatives, and a 2K number indicatest that hiring in one of the supposedly hottest markets in the economy is non-existent.

I think the February payroll is going to look a lot worse. It's one reason I don't think that Trump can count on the economy remaining strong going into the election.

:bird:

TreadSoftly (14 posts)

18. TN is especially depressing

I'm here in TN myself. We are in bad shape with the Civil war / KKK guy proclamation that near as I can tell hasn't been removed as promised, and the lousy deal they handed potential adoptees -- children -- by allowing non-heteros to be taken off lists of potential homes by religious "vendors" of adoption services.

I am thinking of emigrating to Virginia where they seem to be passing laws that should be passed. Bristol is in both states (across the street) so maybe I can spread elixir of good sense from VA to TN!!!

:yawn:

UniteFightBack (7,741 posts)

24. Don't worry too much...black folks will save us in this election. nt

:racist:

Star Member winstars (3,447 posts)

25. As a NY'er, I have seen this coming since Day 1. He is a ****ing wanna-be tough guy...

And now he is in control of all our futures.

I often wondered how Germany let Hitler rise to do what he did. Well, its very simple:

THEY ****ING ELECTED HIM AND THEN THERE WASN'T ANOTHER ELECTION FOR A LOOOOONG TIME.

We are living it now...

Sound familiar???

:yawn:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
Re: I am terrified about the possibility of Trump being re-elected.
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2020, 10:56:04 PM »
Someone should tell Skittles that the fascists are going to lose in November with President Trump's reelection.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2020, 12:13:22 AM »
Look at the bright side, DUmmies: You'll have four more years to drama queen at The DUmp.  It's your favorite pastime and you get to do it for four more years. You should thank Trump for that when he gets re-elected.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 12:15:53 AM by DUmpDiver »

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2020, 02:17:23 AM »
>Star Member TNNurse (4,039 posts)  I am terrified about the possibility of Trump being re-elected.

Well, you half-bright retard, at least you accept he WAS elected.  Concern for dangerous Durkin Nurses in charge
of the health of Americans is more concerning.   How about you have a nice cup of STFU and deny your ignorance.

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2020, 08:13:42 AM »
Look at the bright side, DUmmies: You'll have four more years to drama queen at The DUmp.  It's your favorite pastime and you get to do it for four more years. You should thank Trump for that when he gets re-elected.

And the cool thing is, most of them are so old, they will DIE with Donald J. Trump as their President.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2020, 08:24:06 AM »
TreadSoftly (14 posts)

I am thinking of emigrating to Virginia where they seem to be passing laws that should be passed. Bristol is in both states (across the street) so maybe I can spread elixir of good sense from VA to TN!!!
Sane people just say they are thinking about moving. Emigrating?  :mental:
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2020, 06:58:47 PM »
Star Member TNNurse (4,039 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212978755

Seeing what is going on in the Roger Stone situation is scaring the hell out of me. He is out of control and no one appears able (or willing) to stop him.

Night terrors?  :mental:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2020, 07:55:52 PM »
Seeing what is going on in the Roger Stone situation is scaring the hell out of me.
Well, the Roger Stone situation should scare people, but not for the reasons DU members would cite.