Author Topic: If they just wish hard enough, the TV show West Wing will become reality  (Read 1235 times)

Offline Delmar

Sun Jun 16, 2019, 01:01 AM
Star Member elleng (90,286 posts)

What "The West Wing" reveals about Joe Biden

'For loyal fans of the Aaron Sorkin's "The West Wing," former Vice President Joe Biden seems almost familiar.
Biden is a Democrat, to be sure, but not one of those progressives who wants to change things all at once. He's guided by a strong Irish Catholic faith but doesn't seem particularly inclined to impose his faith on others. He's compassionate.

Biden definitely seems like the kind of guy who would offer to skip a speech to console a staffer after that staffer's father died suddenly. His wife's a doctor (of education) and a strong independent force in her own right. He's a family man who loves his children. If you are looking for a doppelganger for TV president Josiah Bartlet, you could do a lot worse than Joe Biden.

That's not entirely a compliment. Bartlet, for all his positive qualities, is not real. He's a fantasy invented to tell stories and drive ratings. I for one (and I don't think I'm alone) have to remind myself that we don't need another TV show president. We need a real one.'>>>

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/15/opinions/joe-biden-jed-bartlet-elie-mystal/index.html?
https://www.democraticunderground.com/1287152545

The elleng primitive has been living in West Wing fantasyland for some time now.  Over the last few months she has been posting a lot of video clips of the fictional President Bartlet character outsmarting the fictional conservative characters.  She doesn't seem to understand that President Bartlet makes outsmarting the conservatives look so easy only because the leftist writers wrote the shows that way.

Response to elleng (Original post)Sun Jun 16, 2019, 02:37 AM
quickesst (4,390 posts)
3. You may not be alone....

..... but you don't have much company.

This primitive doesn't agree with the elleng Biden/Bartlet comparison, but that's probably only because the not so quick primitive thinks that it's actually Bernie or Beto or one of the other dipshit democrat candidates that is the one that is really just like the fictional Josiah Bartlet.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
Only DUmmies would take the fictional and try to apply it to reality.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Old n Grumpy

Maybe that's why they are so set on Impeaching Trump for fictional crimes. :thatsright: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline SVPete

If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

If I could have a fictional president actually be in office in real life, I'd MUCH rather have James Marshall from 'Air Force One.'
Trump seems more like a doppelganger for Marshall than Biden seems like a doppelganger for Bartlet.

Offline aetherbane

• Probationary (Probie)
If I could have a fictional president actually be in office in real life, I'd MUCH rather have James Marshall from 'Air Force One.'
Trump seems more like a doppelganger for Marshall than Biden seems like a doppelganger for Bartlet.

I'd take the president from "Independence Day".

Offline freedumb2003b

To this day I am convinced that when they voted for obozo, they were voting for 24's David Palmer.  Keifer Sutherland for obozo elected more than anyone.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.