Author Topic: Lesbian couple asked to reverse shirt at Dollywood  (Read 7570 times)

Offline formerlurker

Re: Lesbian couple asked to reverse shirt at Dollywood
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2011, 05:42:51 AM »
Wow talk about biting the hand that feeds you...

Dolly Parton has always being strong in the LGBT field...   Someone needs to clue these two munchers into the 411 that Dolly created that little amusement park to create jobs for hillfolk, and that Dolly has always been very gracious to teh gais...

Hillfolk?

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2011, 05:45:39 AM »
Oh those hypocritical muff divers would be all up in arms and marching. :lmao:

ERRRRR Gina, fortunately for me the only Muff divers I have ever been with were men.

Still looking for one that uses a snorkel -----Dive deeper, stay longer.     Parascope up!!!!!

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2011, 06:53:04 AM »
ERRRRR Gina, fortunately for me the only Muff divers I have ever been with were men.

Still looking for one that uses a snorkel -----Dive deeper, stay longer.     Parascope up!!!!!

:panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: OMG!  BLEACH!!!!!!    :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic:

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2011, 09:23:33 AM »
Dollywood is yet another tourist trap in the Pigeon Forge area of East Tennessee.

I didn't know that Dolly P. is a ghey aficionado, so it would make sense not having a policy that EXCLUDED them from D-wood.

On the other hand, Dolly has to be mindful of the great majority of customers she gets who spend the money that lines her coffers and their sensitivities. Most of 'em are families draggin' kids and whatnot to the festivities.

What's she's essentially saying is, "It's my property, so I can set whatever policy I want. Now, I happen to appreciate the rugmunchers and cornholers on a political basis, but where and when money is involved, they're welcome just like everybody else -- just keep your/my opinion private, please."

Reverse the friggin' T-shirt fer Chrissakes. You don't wanna do that? GTFO.

Real simple.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2011, 09:55:45 AM »
Wow talk about biting the hand that feeds you...

Dolly Parton has always being strong in the LGBT field...   Someone needs to clue these two munchers into the 411 that Dolly created that little amusement park to create jobs for hillfolk, and that Dolly has always been very gracious to teh gais...

Being gracious to "teh gais" is one thing, keeping the paying people coming in to the family themed park is another story.  Considering there are more of the family themed park paying people than there are activist homosexuals would tend to limit what a "couple" can do inside the gate.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2011, 10:00:07 AM »
You may be completely right, but I am confused. I thought freedom of speech extended to things like shirts as long as the government didn't deem them offensive. I remember the Maplethorpe art display coming to Cincy and people tried to get it banned (20yrs ago?), but couldn't. I think it was under freedom of speech that they won. The art museum that showed it was a publicly funded art museum.

I believe you may be getting limits on Congress to pass laws against freedom of speech, freedom of religion, right to peaceably assemble, right of redress with rights of private property.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline namvet

« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2011, 10:28:11 AM »
doesn't seem to bother her

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlZkvC5J_9w[/youtube]

"THERE ARE NO GREAT MEN. THERE ARE ONLY GREAT CHALLENGES THAT ORDINARY MEN ARE FORCED BY CIRCUMSTANCES TO MEET" - ADM WILLIAM F HALSEY

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2011, 10:31:17 AM »
HI5 to Vesta for making Gina wretch.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2011, 10:38:35 AM »
HI5 to Vesta for making Gina wretch.

A wretched retcher?  :rotf:

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2011, 10:45:53 AM »
So if I wore a shirt that said, "Will convert you from lesbianism, while U wait" they'd be OK with that?
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2011, 11:06:14 AM »

Holy shit, Vesta! :rotf: :rotf:
Now I'm gonna be looking over my shoulder all day for strange men carrying periscopes.
Oh, and HI5 for freaking out Tinker Twat. :cheersmate:

C'mon, Gina, you know we all luv ya! :naughty: :-)
Sneaking into a country doesn't make you an immigrant any
more than breaking into someone's house makes you part of the family.
(Poster bolky from thehill.com blog discussion)

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2011, 12:06:48 PM »
HI5 for "Tinker Twat".

:rofl:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2011, 12:11:11 PM »
Sometimes I feel like they have to "announce" that they're gay, when it's quite obvious...."woohoo, look at me, I'm gay, I'm gay"... I don't get it.  Who cares? Do your thing, but don't throw it in my face. mkay?

I guarantee you they're liberals. Liberals like to throw everything up in everyone's face and a lot of that mindset is why so many people are hostile to the gay community. If they'd just live their lives, no one would give a ****. I'm not saying in the closet, because, as you say, many times it's obvious, but what makes people think other people really care? Take a gay pride parade. If the intent is to be treated as equal and normal, why in the hell are they some of the most vile and disgusting events ever held in any given city? Straight people certainly don't view Mardi Gras as "the norm". When MLK and his followers were marching they were well-dressed, well-mannered, didn't cause a ruckus, and all that was left to the racists was MLK and his followers race. There was nothing else the racists could attack them on. I think we all know gay people, either as friends, co-workers, neighbors, etc., and none of'em walk around casually with assless chaps, pink boas, etc. They're dress business casual, sometimes in suits, shorts and a Polo after work, and about as normal as one could get. If someone wants to be perceived and accepted as normal, the last thing you want to do is act as abnormal as possible.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2011, 12:15:20 PM »
Case in point, Tammy Bruce. She's a lesbian. Everyone knows she's a lesbian. She doesn't hide the fact that she's a lesbian. ...and I'd vote for her in a heartbeat.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2011, 02:29:11 PM »
Dollywood and Disney Parks all have dress codes posted on their websites....and most likely at the park entrances or the ticket kiosks.

They both say no "offensive" tshirts.

"Offensive" is a very ambiguous ....it's all in the eye of the beholder and if park officials are receiving complaints, they are going to say something to the person wearing the shirt.

Have to wonder if they weren't just trying to be shit-disturbers, and what else they were doing when she was asked to turn her shirt inside out.

And who actually did the complaining. I happen to know a gay couple, with kids, who would object to the tshirt. I don't know if either one of them would actually complain, but they don't flaunt their lifestyle any more than M and I do as an unmarried hetero couple. 
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline CG6468

« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2011, 02:37:31 PM »
Like they need a shirt to tell everyone they're lesbos.
Illinois, south of the gun controllers in Chi town

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2011, 06:26:24 AM »
Holy shit, Vesta! :rotf: :rotf:
Now I'm gonna be looking over my shoulder all day for strange men carrying periscopes.
Oh, and HI5 for freaking out Tinker Twat. :cheersmate:

C'mon, Gina, you know we all luv ya! :naughty: :-)

:panic:

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline unbiased

« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2011, 09:23:21 AM »
I believe you may be getting limits on Congress to pass laws against freedom of speech, freedom of religion, right to peaceably assemble, right of redress with rights of private property.

I probably am, but I live in Ohio. Here, the government has made laws where people can't smoke on public or private business property. I say "on" because it doesn't matter if it is outdoors or indoors. Actually you can't smoke in a bar because it's closed in and people will get second hand smoke. They said you had to be so many feet away. Well, once bars built areas for them, they said that wasn't good enough because it had to have a roof. WTF? There used to be a smoking section at the Reds stadium. It is no longer allowed.

I know that isn't the same as a t-shirt, but you can see my confusion with private property rights.
Once you have wrestled, everything else in life is easy.

Offline thelaughingman

« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2011, 12:11:23 PM »
Like they need a shirt to tell everyone they're lesbos.

Without that shirt, had I passed by them on the street, I would've thought they were a straight couple.

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2011, 04:49:37 PM »
I hate when people try to piss others off with their obviously inappropriate tshirt sayings.  I saw a guy at the airport with the f word written HUGE on his shirt.  I wish a security guard would have made him change.  I hate censorship but I also hate people who are attention whores like this.  I wouldn't have cared about the shirt she had on but that doesn't mean that a business can't say something about it.
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline true_blood

« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2011, 08:22:06 PM »
It is a tasteless shirt that may offend some people, especially people who would patron Dollywood.
Yes, exactly. So, gays can say the word gay, but straight people may not? Guess what? :bird:
I can see why they are lesbos. They both are butt ugly and look like men. :hyper:

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2011, 08:04:50 AM »
I hate when people try to piss others off with their obviously inappropriate tshirt sayings.  I saw a guy at the airport with the f word written HUGE on his shirt.  I wish a security guard would have made him change.  I hate censorship but I also hate people who are attention whores like this.  I wouldn't have cared about the shirt she had on but that doesn't mean that a business can't say something about it.

What we're talking about isn't so much freedom of speech, it's rather a complete lack of decorum and decency. Of course these things can't and shouldn't be defined by government, but they should be defined and enforced by involved parents.

This is merely another indication of the disintegration of the family as a viable unit. Families teach values such as decorum and decency and we see examples of the lack of same in these wack jobs such as you've seen at the airport. They're offensive, but they hide behind the cloak of free speech.

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2011, 08:50:15 AM »
I saw a woman once wearing a VERY nasty sloganed T-shirt, the most vulgar I've ever had the displeasure of encountering.  She was a lesbian.  The whole world had their faces rubbed in that fact because her shirt said something like I'd rather be licking  c**t.   :puke:

Sneaking into a country doesn't make you an immigrant any
more than breaking into someone's house makes you part of the family.
(Poster bolky from thehill.com blog discussion)

Offline captrandom

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2011, 12:29:16 PM »
Hillfolk?

Yeah bad choice of words on my part... 

I respect dolly a lot.  She grew up in an area with real poverty <not "I have a cellphone and a ps3, but im poor" poverty> and used her fame and $$$ to open that park to create opportunities...
When in danger or in doubt, run in circles scream and shout!

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2011, 01:50:43 PM »
Yeah bad choice of words on my part... 

I respect dolly a lot.  She grew up in an area with real poverty <not "I have a cellphone and a ps3, but im poor" poverty> and used her fame and $$$ to open that park to create opportunities...

Because Dolly wanted to bring a "future" into Sevier County...which prior to Dolly's incredible vision, it's biggest source of income was marijuana and moonshine....Sevier County has turned into a major tourist destination. It is second to Las Vegas for destination weddings, and has brought a tremendous amount of tax dollars into the entire county. She bought a run-down amusement park, totally re-vamped it (it has been expanded numerous times since), and it became one of those situations of "build it and they will come". What was a little tourist spot on the edge of the Smokies has become a thriving county even in these depressed times. Granted a lot of the "natives" have felt inundated by tourists and do a lot of complaining about the traffic, but no one is complaining about the jobs, the money going back into the community to benefit the schools, infrastructure, and city/county workers (police, fire, and EMT in particular).

What is rarely mentioned about Dolly, is her Imagination Library, which is a non-profit early childhood literacy program she started in Sevier County, spread throughout the US and is now in Canada and the UK. New parents can join when their babies are born, or parents with children up to age 5, and the child is sent a new age appropriate book every month. It is a wonderful program, my daughter was given the information to participate, when she was in the hospital having my grandson. My oldest will be dropping out of the program in Dec when he turns 5, but my granddaughter has another 3 years in it. The books are great. http://www.imaginationlibrary.com/usa/howworks.php

Dolly may be "hillfolk", but she's quite proud of being "hillfolk" and she's one smart lady.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.