Author Topic: US launches first attack against Qaddafi  (Read 6910 times)

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop
Re: US launches first attack against Qaddafi
« Reply #75 on: March 21, 2011, 10:43:22 AM »

No.  That would be impossible.  To them Bush was a war criminal for similar actions.  They MUST be against this!

Well....Name Removed might have spoken up. I can go check for you.  :-)

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #76 on: March 21, 2011, 10:45:11 AM »
I'd like to know exactly WHY we are involved in Libya.  Their problems posed no threat to the United States in any possible way.  Let that side of the world handle up on their own problems.
I got to honestly say I'm ambivalent. I see absolutely no immediate interest for the US in this fight and our CinC makes me loathe to arrest jaywalkers let alone confront a (semi-)modern military.

I suppose an argument could be made that by supporting the rebels then going home counters the "imperialism" charge so often leveled at our more genuine efforts, i.e. A-stan and Iraq.

However, unless we have a follow-on game to midwife whatever government replaces Khadaffi obviously one thugocracy will replace another and we could have a real genuine threat to the US emerge just as the generic mujahadeen gave way to the AQ supporting Taliban. (Not that you don't already know all this, I'm just being complete for the sake of discussion.)

Even then this "adventure" will pay dividends. If we do properly groom Khadaffi's replacement (hard to imagine with an absentee landlord) so much the better but even in A-stan it was hard to call it an imperialist effort after the fact we ended our involvements in A-stan as soon as the Soviets pulled-out. It was the one argument the left couldn't get to take root in the public mind. Note how much more success they had with that angle vis-a-vis Iraq.

Still, the fact remains the population in Libyan is in thralldom to a moribund civilization that transcends national borders. Until *that* is dealt with the whole damn placed is screwed beyond repair. At best we can hope to infect them with the same cultural institutions bequeathed to us by the Judeo-christian ethicists.

That being the case, any influence we exert is positive. We aren't taking out a dictator, we are laying in-roads to overturn one of the worst plagues of human history. The goal is abstract and the fight is long. The general to receive the final surrender has not been born yet.

Given Sarkozy and Cameron's recent comments on the failures of multi-culturalism I believe these thoughts are at the back of their considerations.

Would that we had a capable and interested leader at this junction and whatever Obama brings to the fight he brings at the nagging of his betters.

But does Libya pose an immediate threat or have they rendered us some recent insult? No.

We must play this for a much bigger purpose despite the leadership left us by those more interested in liberal fantasies and racial guilt.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline TexasCop

« Reply #77 on: March 21, 2011, 10:47:37 AM »
Bunny, I see what you're saying, but what impact are we going to have on any future regimes there without a single boot on the ground?

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #78 on: March 21, 2011, 10:56:06 AM »
However, unless we have a follow-on game to midwife whatever government replaces Khadaffi obviously one thugocracy will replace another and we could have a real genuine threat to the US emerge just as the generic mujahadeen gave way to the AQ supporting Taliban. (Not that you don't already know all this, I'm just being complete for the sake of discussion.)

I have absolutely zero confidence that whatever replaces Moe the Q will be any better, and there is actually a pretty fair chance it'll be worse.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #79 on: March 21, 2011, 11:05:44 AM »
Bunny, I see what you're saying, but what impact are we going to have on any future regimes there without a single boot on the ground?
You don't need boots on  the ground for that. You can delegitamize any subsequent regime that pops-up if it lacks our approval.

Of course that would require an engaged and capable leader...

:banghead:

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #80 on: March 21, 2011, 11:07:45 AM »
I have absolutely zero confidence that whatever replaces Moe the Q will be any better, and there is actually a pretty fair chance it'll be worse.

Like Egypt, Iran, Lebanon, et al, if the last 50 years are any indication.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

• Global Moderator
« Reply #81 on: March 21, 2011, 01:09:05 PM »
That's why this war sets the narrative groundwork for the next war against Q'Daffy's replacement.

Offline namvet

« Reply #82 on: March 21, 2011, 01:31:59 PM »
report: daffy duck using Journalists as Human Shields

British sources confirmed that seven Storm Shadow missiles were ready to be fired from a British aircraft, but the strikes had to be curtailed due to crews from CNN, Reuters and other organizations nearby. Officials from Libya's Ministry of Information brought those journalists to the area to show them damage from the initial attack and to effectively use them as human shields.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/03/21/exclusive-libyans-use-journalists-human-shields/#

****er's teetering on the brink

"THERE ARE NO GREAT MEN. THERE ARE ONLY GREAT CHALLENGES THAT ORDINARY MEN ARE FORCED BY CIRCUMSTANCES TO MEET" - ADM WILLIAM F HALSEY

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #83 on: March 21, 2011, 01:57:13 PM »
report: daffy duck using Journalists as Human Shields

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/03/21/exclusive-libyans-use-journalists-human-shields/#

****er's teetering on the brink

Actually I'm surprised he hasn't just duct-taped 20 or 30 kids and grannies to each of his remaining tanks at this point.

Offline namvet

« Reply #84 on: March 21, 2011, 02:08:14 PM »
Actually I'm surprised he hasn't just duct-taped 20 or 30 kids and grannies to each of his remaining tanks at this point.

guy's crazier than a shit house rat !!!!

"THERE ARE NO GREAT MEN. THERE ARE ONLY GREAT CHALLENGES THAT ORDINARY MEN ARE FORCED BY CIRCUMSTANCES TO MEET" - ADM WILLIAM F HALSEY

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #85 on: March 21, 2011, 08:01:58 PM »

Operation Human Shield

For that you owe Trey Parker and Matt Stone a quarter

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #86 on: March 21, 2011, 08:09:20 PM »
Operation Human Shield

For that you owe Trey Parker and Matt Stone a quarter

There are plenty of real examples of exactly what I wrote, my friend, believe me, most recently in the Yugoslavian bloodbath, though PWs are the most common victims of this practice.

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #87 on: March 21, 2011, 08:36:28 PM »
There are plenty of real examples of exactly what I wrote, my friend, believe me, most recently in the Yugoslavian bloodbath, though PWs are the most common victims of this practice.

Unfortunately, you are exactly right.  But when you talked about duct taping people to tanks, I couldn't resist posting a link to that video.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #88 on: March 21, 2011, 08:41:56 PM »
Unfortunately, you are exactly right.  But when you talked about duct taping people to tanks, I couldn't resist posting a link to that video.

Poor Chef.
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent