Author Topic: American Asshole of the Year  (Read 10199 times)

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Re: American Asshole of the Year
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2010, 10:35:18 PM »
And I'd like to throw in the perennial nominee--and if he isn't already, he should be.  Keith Olbermann.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2010, 10:43:12 PM »
An impostor.  Almost everything he did, from the moment he said "I" at the beginning of his enlistment oath, was a lie.

I agree. I just do not understand people like that.  :censored:
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Godot showed up

« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2010, 09:04:55 AM »
Summary of nominations thus far (the number in parens is the number of nominations)

Jimmy Carter (4)
Chris Dodd
Barney Frank (2)
Robert Gibbs
Mainstream Media (Thundley makes a good case for this being considered as an "individual"; they act as one)
Bradley Manning
Keith Olbermann (2)
Nancy Pelosi (3)
Fred Phelps
Harry Reid (2)
Chuck Schumer (2)
Jon Stewart

The reason I didn't call this Award The Regressive-Liberal American Asshole of the Year is that it goes without saying that the top sphincter will be a lib or leftist. While there are undoubtedly some conservative assholes, and for sure some Republican assholes, none of them could possibly compete with any lib in the overall, combined category. Lisa Murkowski and Charlie Crist are assholes of the first water, but can they compete with anyone on the list above? And Karl Rove displayed some serious assholishness regarding the Delaware Senate election, but can he possibly compete with the likes of Schumer and Carter?

Obama, I'm afraid, is disqualified from participation, as his American citizenship is in real question.

Edited to add R Wiggum's nomination to Overbite, and Iassa's dark horse nominee.  :cheersmate:
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 09:13:06 AM by Godot showed up »

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2010, 09:08:31 AM »
And I'd like to throw in the perennial nominee--and if he isn't already, he should be.  Keith Olbermann.

:werd:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2010, 09:11:47 AM »
I see some good names up there.....but I am casting my vote for Fred Phelps.  The reasons should be obvious. 
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Godot showed up

« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2010, 09:14:51 AM »
I'm going to add one myself; our despised Mayor here in NYC, who sides with our jihadist enemy: Michael Bloomberg.

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2010, 09:32:35 AM »
My nomination goes the the most despicable bitch in the public eye. (and that's tough to do, Medusa so give yourself a pat on your plastic back)

Of course, I am talking about.....Nancy Pelousy.

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2010, 11:29:43 AM »
Demonrats in general.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2010, 04:34:31 PM »
I'm going to add one myself; our despised Mayor here in NYC, who sides with our jihadist enemy: Michael Bloomberg.

I didn't think of Bloomberg.  :thatsright:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2010, 04:58:39 PM »
Toss up between Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, or Barack Obama.

Can't be barack, he's won't prove that he's an American
nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2010, 05:21:17 PM »

Can't be barack, he's won't prove that he's an American

You got a point. I think he is a puppet for Pelosi and Reid, since he is a relative new comer, unlike Pelosi and Reid.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2010, 05:29:00 PM »
I see some good names up there.....but I am casting my vote for Fred Phelps.  The reasons should be obvious. 

Fred Phelps is who I was thinking too. Also, I would case my vote for Elisa Baker, Michael Crook, and South Hadley 6 Bullies.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2010, 05:31:57 PM »
I should add two more to the list.

Tom Harkin

John Kerry

Between the two of them they have made the US a laughing stock plus you can add in the fact that both of them went to see little Danny Ortega in Nicaragua during the 80s and tried to open diplomatic relations with the commie in charge. Kerry had done the same thing back in the 70s with the North Vietnamese and we all know his famous bit of tossing those medals over the fence too. Tom Harkin while running for his first term as Congressman in Iowa and as a candidate for President told the press he was a former fighter Pilot that flew missions over Vietnam when in fact all he did was fly jets from Japan to other units in the Pacific not ever going near Vietnam. In fact Harkins career was so stellar he only got one ribbon and left the navy after his term was up as a LT.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2010, 05:49:58 PM »
I should add two more to the list.

Tom Harkin

John Kerry

Between the two of them they have made the US a laughing stock plus you can add in the fact that both of them went to see little Danny Ortega in Nicaragua during the 80s and tried to open diplomatic relations with the commie in charge. Kerry had done the same thing back in the 70s with the North Vietnamese and we all know his famous bit of tossing those medals over the fence too. Tom Harkin while running for his first term as Congressman in Iowa and as a candidate for President told the press he was a former fighter Pilot that flew missions over Vietnam when in fact all he did was fly jets from Japan to other units in the Pacific not ever going near Vietnam. In fact Harkins career was so stellar he only got one ribbon and left the navy after his term was up as a LT.

It got tougher to decide.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Rainbow Rising

• This is how I felt then. It is how I feel today.
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2010, 01:00:04 AM »

I'd like to second that one.  The way he behaved during the Ground Zero mosque controversy was despicable.  And let's not forget his "theory" that the Times Square bomber could be someone who didn't like the health care bill.  He's almost as arrogant as Obama.
"Civility" = Liberal code for "Shut up, conservatives!"

"Hate speech" = Liberal code for "Shut up, conservatives!"

Offline catsmtrods

« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2010, 02:30:29 AM »
Chris Matthews: Obama & Clinton "An Alliance Made By God And The Democratic Party" This guy and oberdorf are the assholes! I wouldn't count the politicians as they are evil and powerful and PISSING ON OUR LEG! They are to be hated by moral and patriotic Americans, but assholes? Think about it, we are the assholes for allowing them power over us!
"Liberalism is an essentially feminine, submissive world view. Perhaps a better adjective than feminine is infantile. It is the world view of men who do not have the moral toughness, the spiritual strength to stand up and do single combat with life, who cannot adjust to the reality that the world is not a huge, pink-and-blue, padded nursery in which the lions lie down with the lambs and everyone lives happily ever after."

~ Dr. William Pierce

"How many more times are we going to cower under tables and chairs, whimpering like mindless dogs, thinking that someone else has the responsibility to save and protect us?"

Offline longview

« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2010, 06:28:15 AM »
This is tougher than I thought it would be... so many good candidates.

Offline Godot showed up

« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2010, 09:03:20 AM »
Recap:

Democrats (This, I have to say, seems a bit of a Time-magazine like stretch)
Elisa Baker
Michael Bloomberg
Jimmy Carter (4)
Michael Crook
Chris Dodd
Barney Frank (2)
Robert Gibbs
Tom Harkin
John “Did I mention I served in Vietnam?” Kerry
Mainstream Media (Thundley makes a good case for this being considered as an "individual"; they act as one)
Bradley Manning
Chris Matthews
Keith Olbermann (2)
Nancy Pelosi (4)
Fred Phelps (2)
Harry Reid (2)
Chuck Schumer (2)
Jon Stewart
The South Hadley 6

I’ll recap from time to time so people can see the tallies. I thought what we’d do is take the top 4 nominees (ie, nominees with most votes) by the deadline, and then vote on those 4 by Jan 2. Ok deal?

Ptarmigan, I forgot, where do you live? Because, believe me, when you’re a NYer, this guy is ALWAYS front and center with his assholery. The GZ mosque is the big one, but there isn't a day that the SOB doesn't perpetrate some new outrage on NYC; in the case of the GZ mosque, he just widened his scope of attack to all of America. It’s understandable that people (a category which leaves out regressives) living elsewhere in the country actively NOT think of Osama bin Bloomberg. Oh the pain!

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2010, 10:43:38 AM »
  Where the heck is the Grand Dame, Helen Thomas.

Oh wait, she is American isn't she????

Offline Godot showed up

« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2010, 11:05:02 AM »
  Where the heck is the Grand Dame, Helen Thomas.

Oh wait, she is American isn't she????

That's fine Vesta. It's non-Americans or possible non-Americans (like Obama) who are excluded. So the Wicked Witch of Washington gets added to the nominee list.

Offline VelvetElvis

• Misunderestimated
  • Drill Sgt for the DeathSquadHateForce
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2010, 11:26:58 AM »
What?!! 

No Michael Moore?!!?

Or is he on the "Automatic Entry" list?
Proud Member of the Death Squad Hate Force Since  1980

Offline Karin

« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2010, 01:55:47 PM »
I'd been busy and missed this thread, and am just now catching up.  I was reading through, doing a slow burn over all the assholery in our midst.  Then, when I came to Michael Bloomberg, my head exploded.  I heard him say on the news last night he has 1,118 days to go in his reign!  How the hell did that happen?  I don't even live there!  I LOATHE that creep!

Anyway.....

Godot, I don't think we should narrow it down to 4 nominees, I'd like to see the field a little more open than that.  We should be able to pick more than one, too.  Whoops, being bossy.  What does everyone else think? 

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2010, 02:01:38 PM »
Hard to lump all categories into one person.

Therefore:

Politics - Nancy Pelosi

Entertainment - toss-up between Bill Maher and Kathy Griffin

Other - Fred Phelps
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2010, 02:21:09 PM »
I'd been busy and missed this thread, and am just now catching up.  I was reading through, doing a slow burn over all the assholery in our midst.  Then, when I came to Michael Bloomberg, my head exploded.  I heard him say on the news last night he has 1,118 days to go in his reign!  How the hell did that happen?  I don't even live there!  I LOATHE that creep!

Anyway.....

Godot, I don't think we should narrow it down to 4 nominees, I'd like to see the field a little more open than that.  We should be able to pick more than one, too.  Whoops, being bossy.  What does everyone else think? 

I don't have a problem with a "Top Ten" list....God knows there are plenty of assholes to choose from.....
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Godot showed up

« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2010, 02:27:49 PM »

Anyway.....

Not bossy at all, Karin. This is a board activity; I started it, that's all. I'm enjoying seeing people have fun with this one and see no reason for its final shape not to be a group project. I chose 4 finalists (the top 4 with the most nominations) to select from at the end completely arbitrarily. What number would you suggest?