Author Topic: So now that you all know who I am...  (Read 5943 times)

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
Re: So now that you all know who I am...
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2010, 09:11:26 PM »
We have had former DUers before, some have played nice, others not so much.

Even though Soleil has ruffled some feathers by simply being here, I have no problem with her dishing on her former cellmates. I have read several of her posts. She is one of the few reasonable folks trapped in that asylum*. Maybe She will stick around, maybe not - but I do not feel she is here to disrupt.

*This doesn't mean we will agree with her on many issues involving politics, however civil debate is good.
[/b]

:cheersmate:

I agree wholeheartedly!
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2010, 09:13:36 PM »
No, I don't, but I will watch out now for my baby girl. She loves to eat anything. Of course she is at that age where anything goes in your mouth, but now she always says "yummmmmm" after eating it even if it is dirt. I have yet to buy her sidewalk chalk because I am quite sure she will eat it instead of draw with it. :P

OMG, the girl started with dirt.  Dirt is the gateway drug to chalk. You better get her evaluated.  :-)

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2010, 09:16:24 PM »
OMG, she also drinks laundry detergent.  :o

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2010, 09:19:21 PM »
OMG, the girl started with dirt.  Dirt is the gateway drug to chalk. You better get her evaluated.  :-)

But But But.. dirt is harmless as its provided by nature evil chalk is refined and made harmful by man !

I support eating dirt -- but chalk, not so much.. And Paste ?!?! OMG -- ever see someone Detoxing from paste ? It ain't pretty !

Offline soleil

« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2010, 09:27:36 PM »
MMMMmmm Yeah...    :-)

But its not all bad news - There were threads - mostly at CU, before the Ronulan Invasion - where you were often considered among the Hottest at DU..    :popcorn:

lol

But after reading some of y'alls replies about DU pic threads, it doesn't take much.  :o

But thanks. Do not make this a VANITY thread.  :tongue:

Offline soleil

« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2010, 09:28:27 PM »

Yep I know.

I know it is bad when she likes olives! Gross!!!!!

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #56 on: May 12, 2010, 09:33:58 PM »
lol

But after reading some of y'alls replies about DU pic threads, it doesn't take much.  :o

But thanks. Do not make this a VANITY thread.  :tongue:

Yeah you a ok looking.  :p

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #57 on: May 12, 2010, 09:34:28 PM »

The Pic threads are the reason for this Icon   :spork:   ---  Beware the Spork ! Heed Its warning !!11!!  :popcorn:

Offline soleil

« Reply #58 on: May 12, 2010, 09:36:27 PM »
The Pic threads are the reason for this Icon   :spork:   ---  Beware the Spork ! Heed Its warning !!11!!  :popcorn:

Yeah, I remember the whole spork or pork thread on CU. There was probably more than one.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #59 on: May 12, 2010, 09:37:46 PM »
Speaking of olives, we went to the Olive Garden this evening.  I had a thought over breadsticks.  I thought to myself, I said, "Self" - I call myself self when I'm thinking to myself - "Self, wouldn't Olive Oyl and Popeye be perfect cartoon spokespeople for Olive Garden?  Ya'know, they could be in Olive's garden"  I didn't answer myself, though.

Offline soleil

« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2010, 09:40:08 PM »
Speaking of olives, we went to the Olive Garden this evening.  I had a thought over breadsticks.  I thought to myself, I said, "Self" - I call myself self when I'm thinking to myself - "Self, wouldn't Olive Oyl and Popeye be perfect cartoon spokespeople for Olive Garden?  Ya'know, they could be in Olive's garden"  I didn't answer myself, though.

But then they'd really have to up their spinach dishes.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 09:44:34 PM by soleil »

Offline soleil

« Reply #61 on: May 12, 2010, 09:41:04 PM »
Yeah you a ok looking.  :p

Speaking of a-ok looking... Not too shabby yourself!!  :-)

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #62 on: May 12, 2010, 09:42:01 PM »

Do you get diarreha when you eat at Olive Garden?  I think it's the bread sticks.  :p

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #63 on: May 12, 2010, 09:45:49 PM »
Speaking of a-ok looking... Not too shabby yourself!!  :-)

I am on my phone, I always make typos when I'm on my phone. I meant "yeah, you ARE ok looking".  :thatsright:

By the way, eating chalk is called "chalking". What your baby is into is probably called "dirting".  :-)

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #64 on: May 12, 2010, 09:49:08 PM »
Do you get diarreha when you eat at Olive Garden?  I think it's the bread sticks.  :p

That's why I get the eggplant.  It's the antidote.

Offline Alpha Mare

« Reply #65 on: May 12, 2010, 09:57:21 PM »
If we're keeping her, can we call her Token?  :uhsure:
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
    - Charlton Heston

Offline thundley4

« Reply #66 on: May 12, 2010, 09:59:47 PM »
If we're keeping her, can we call her Token?  :uhsure:
:hi5:

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #67 on: May 12, 2010, 10:03:14 PM »
didn't we already have a token?

wait a sec...

who is hot? who is okay? what did I miss?

Who knows who Soleil is??

I must have missed something

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #68 on: May 12, 2010, 10:05:20 PM »
Speaking of gardens, my dear old grandpappy used to grow his tomato bushes inside a cage of rusty fence wire for support. He claimed the rust caused the tomatoes to have a better flavor. Anyone ever hear of that? Sounds like an old wive's tale to me.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #69 on: May 12, 2010, 10:08:25 PM »
Speaking of gardens, my dear old grandpappy used to grow his tomato bushes inside a cage of rusty fence wire for support. He claimed the rust caused the tomatoes to have a better flavor. Anyone ever hear of that? Sounds like an old wive's tale to me.

Old wives Vs. Rusty tales

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #70 on: May 12, 2010, 10:09:23 PM »
didn't we already have a token?

wait a sec...

who is hot? who is okay? what did I miss?

Who knows who Soleil is??

I must have missed something

You should have that printed on a t-shirt.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #71 on: May 12, 2010, 10:33:20 PM »
You know, they make baits and traps for ants, roaches, flies and stuff, but they don't make anything for spiders. You see a spider ambulating across the floor, you have to be fast enough or stealthy enough to swat that sucker or you're just S.O.L. They make sprays but you pretty much have to spray it directly on them so you're left with the same problem of running them down or sneaking up on them. That's no small feat with the rapid transit motherhumpers we have down here. They are some high-speed low-drag arachnids. I get an exterior treatment from the pest control people every three months, spraying under the eaves and around doors and windows and such, but I think that just runs them inside the house.

Why don't they make a Spider Motel like they do Roach Motel? I hate freaking spiders. All sizes, all types. I think it came from the time I was, like, four years old. I remember it well. I was playing outside in the yard. I raised up my arm, and on my forearm was this gigantic wolf spider. All I could do is stare at that sucker and scream. My legs finally remembered the mechanics of how to run, but unfortunately, I couldn't take my eyes off the alien life form on my arm and ran full tilt boogie into an oak tree, nearly knocking myself out. When I came to my senses, the spider was gone. Probably crawled off unfazed into a pile of leaves. I've never been able to abide them after that.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #72 on: May 12, 2010, 10:35:57 PM »
Ya know, I didn't really follow CU that much even though I made a few posts there. I have been to DU and surprisingly enough there are some folks there that have shocked me (in a positive way) with their attitudes towards the 2nd Amendment. Of course, I still can't fathom Liberals, how they got that way and what gives them the right to play "Robin Hood".

While I don't agree with the majority of the folks at DU, if they can take the heat here, abide by the rules, then they're welcome here as far as I'm concerned.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #73 on: May 12, 2010, 10:36:39 PM »
They say we are never more than 2 feet away from a spider.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #74 on: May 12, 2010, 10:38:36 PM »
We have these HUGE wood spiders around here.

F'ers can even swim!

I HATE spiders.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.