Author Topic: 9 charged in bullied girl's death  (Read 8650 times)

Offline formerlurker

Re: 9 charged in bullied girl's death
« Reply #75 on: April 09, 2010, 05:17:35 AM »
Phoebe pleaded for help at school

The new court documents also lay out, in painful detail, the final day of her life.

Prince was in the library with friends at the same time as Narey, Mulveyhill, and one of their friends, Ashley Longe, who has also been charged in the case.

Longe began yelling, “I hate stupid sluts,’’ and other, cruder sexual slurs at Prince. She later called her an “Irish whore’’ and wrote similar descriptions on the library sign-in sheets.... See More

At the end of the school day, Longe again yelled degrading sexual comments at Prince in the school auditorium. Mulveyhill, who was charged with statutory rape, encouraged Longe’s behavior and also called Prince a whore. Narey, sitting nearby, was laughing, prosecutors said.

Minutes later, Longe threw an empty drink can from a car at Prince, who was walking home. Longe laughed and called her a whore. Prince, according to the witness, was crying.
http://www.boston.com%2Fnews%2Flocal%2Fmassachusetts%2Farticles%2F2010%2F04%2F09%2Fprince_pleaded_for_help_at_school%2F&h=d366796424ac441ebe1bd7f0581063c7

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #76 on: April 09, 2010, 05:19:41 AM »
Pol: School bigs acted properly
No longer seeking review in bully case
By Hillary Chabot, Jessica Van Sack and Marie Szaniszlo  |   Friday, April 9, 2010  |  http://www.bostonherald.com  |  Local Coverage

Photo by Christopher Evans
South Hadley state Rep. John Scibak yesterday backed off his demand for an independent review of the relentless bullying surrounding Phoebe Prince’s suicide, saying he’s now satisfied school officials acted properly and should not face criminal charges.

“I had several conversations with the district attorney and the School Department, I don’t think an independent review is warranted at this time,” Scibak told the Herald.

He said the probe he requested Wednesday was meant to provide an objective perspective that would deflate tensions surrounding the highly charged case - not target school officials.

“I didn’t want to start a witch hunt,” Scibak said.

Northwestern District Attorney Elizabeth D. Scheibel has indicated that school staffers may have left Prince - a vulnerable freshman and a recent Irish immigrant - to fend for herself, saying, “The actions or inactions of some adults are troublesome.”

http://bostonherald.com/news/regional/view.bg?articleid=1245833&format=text

Idiot.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #77 on: April 09, 2010, 07:22:36 PM »
The school administrators should be fired and thrown in prison along side with the bullies and their parents. I am sure Al-Qaeda would recruit these thugs. Bin Laden would be proud of them.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #78 on: April 09, 2010, 07:56:08 PM »
Should we be criminalizing bullies?
Washington Post
By Ruth Marcus
Wednesday, April 7, 2010

My heart aches for the parents of Phoebe Prince, the 15-year-old Massachusetts high school student who committed suicide in January after being relentlessly bullied at school and online.

My heart aches for her younger sister, who found Phoebe hanging in the stairwell of the family's home. A scarf the sister had bought her as a Christmas gift was knotted around Phoebe's neck.

My heart aches for Phoebe, who arrived from Ireland last fall only to endure months of abuse from classmates at South Hadley High School, the apparent result of Phoebe's brief fling with a popular football player.

My heart aches, but I also question the wisdom of filing criminal charges against nine of Phoebe's former classmates, as happened last week. Bullying should be taken seriously -- by teachers, administrators, parents and, yes, fellow students. I'm doubtful, though, that criminal prosecution is the best way to punish or prevent it.

Washington Post-Re: 9 charged in bullied girl's death

=======================================================

Hello? They broke the law, stalking, assault, and statutory rape is illegal. Let's repeal all laws while we're at it.

Still, to be a teenager is to do stupid things.

I was a teenager once and I did stupid things, but not harass a person to death. By your rationale, Eric and Dylan were acting stupid when they killed 13 people at Columbine High School. Her writing is a joke from a leftist rag.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #79 on: April 09, 2010, 08:32:55 PM »
Show some mercy
Daily Collegian
April 1, 2010
Rachel Dougherty

Following three months of harassment by fellow students at South Hadley High School, student Phoebe Prince committed suicide. Prince’s reported “bullycide” has brought national scrutiny on the quiet suburban town of South Hadley and provoked a lawsuit against the students involved in the bullying. The prosecution announced on Monday that nine South Hadley students were being indicted on felony charges in the case of Prince’s death.

The charges against the students are part of an anti-bullying movement in the state that began following the suicide of Springfield student Carl Walker last year.

Daily Collegian-Show some mercy

=======================================================

While, we're at it, we should show mercy to Al-Qaeda and Charles Manson. Stupid is strong.  :bird:
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #80 on: April 12, 2010, 10:49:18 PM »
Help teachers restore normalcy to South Hadley High School
http://www.bostonherald.com/news/opinion/letters/view.bg?articleid=1246619&srvc=rss

Damage Control 101. This is the most pathetic attempt at it. It is written by the president of the local teachers union.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #81 on: May 31, 2010, 11:24:55 PM »
Here is a detailed article. Very hard to read. :( 
http://www.bostonmagazine.com/articles/phoebe_prince/page1

It is proof that these low lives are no different from Jihadists.  :bird:
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du