Author Topic: Liberals politicizing tragedies for political gain  (Read 33481 times)

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
Re: Liberals politicizing tragedies for political gain
« Reply #350 on: February 04, 2010, 08:40:40 AM »

And when you consider the working conditions of Air Force versus Navy, who admittedly have it better than our Army and Marine counterparts, yeah, I think I can safely say the AF has it pretty ****in cush.

I can safely say that us Sailors had it a little more "cush" than our USAF counterparts during Desert Shield/ Storm. At least that's what I noticed when we were shore based during Desert Shield.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #351 on: February 04, 2010, 08:43:45 AM »
Sleeping in outside in -20 snow storms sux.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #352 on: February 04, 2010, 09:59:08 AM »
I can safely say that us Sailors had it a little more "cush" than our USAF counterparts during Desert Shield/ Storm. At least that's what I noticed when we were shore based during Desert Shield.

My ass was sitting in a cold-ass Combat Engineer Vehicle or walking a perimeter or checking on my peeps in 20 deg. temps for 12 hour days in Berlin while you guys were roasting your asses off.

Somebody had to guard the place against the evil hordes that were threatening to overrun the guard shack with balloons and baby strollers.

[/whiny mode]
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #353 on: February 04, 2010, 04:23:37 PM »
Sleeping in outside in -20 snow storms sux.

Yes that is snow, and yes this is the south pole.    Not my husband however.  My brother just got back from hauling scientists down there (the ones who giggle their asses off over "global warming" nonsense).

The penguins come to greet the plane....

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #354 on: February 04, 2010, 04:27:53 PM »

Living quarters in the south pole -- not exactly four star, but not a tent.  

My husband however has done the tent life in the sand box and Africa too many times to count (of course his tent had air conditioning.......  :-))

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #355 on: February 05, 2010, 11:26:16 AM »
Two weeks, and he still hasn't answered the question.

It's official, dumbass.  Your time here is up.  Begone.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #356 on: February 05, 2010, 11:40:49 AM »

Living quarters in the south pole -- not exactly four star, but not a tent.  

My husband however has done the tent life in the sand box and Africa too many times to count (of course his tent had air conditioning.......  :-))
When I first made it to Germany we slept in our tracked vehicles. They had space heaters but some dumbass left his on all night with the hatches closed and died of carbon monoxide poisoning. So then we were ordered to sleep outside the tracks.

Well, it was muddy as hell becuase when you move with an armored/mechanized unit they churn up the ground. Even the frozen hell that is Germany turns into a giant sludge pit once a battalion of tanks moves through.

But it is an odd thing: the ground is churned it is because tracks have been running through there...and where they run once, they run again.

And sometimes they would run over soldiers who were ordered to sleep on the ground because some dumb ass died of carbon monoxide poisoning. Of course I woud much rather die of CO poisoning than be mutilated to death by a 65 ton Abrams...but that's just how quirky I am.

So their next stoke of jeenyuss was to order us into tents and to hang chem lights and engineer's tape (actually a thick, white nylon-like ribbon material) around/over the tents.

Alas, mech/armor units are supposed to be highly mobile, meaning we had to be moving constantly and on short notice. Assuming we stopped for a few hours we had to put up and take down tents...in the dark...which took an hour-plus out of the 2 to 4 hours we were allowed to sleep.

I would have sodomized those penguins on youtube to have been allowed to sleep in those barracks.

Colorado sux too...not only is it cold as @#$% there are cactus and yucca plants everywhere.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."